THE BROWNS BOARD

Trade Braylon, Draft Bryant

PlaygroundLegend

First off I know im going to get alot of hate due to the fact that we drafted 2 round 2 receivers last year. The fact of the matter is, the Browns always (most of the time) draft based on need and not neccesarily the best player there.

We are turning over, and we are going to be a young team next year, Braylon Edwards isnt getting any younger, and is trade value isnt getting any better. We might as well start fresh at all of our skill positions. Braylon Edwards does currently carry some trade value and I think we could get a 1sr or high 2nd round pick for him.

In my opinion the best available playmaker in the Draft is none other than Dez Bryant. We need to build for the future, we need a reciever that is going to CATCH the ball, we need a reciver who needs to develop chemistry with a QB while theyre YOUNG. In my opinion Dez Bryant is that guy, he is the most electrifing WR since moss. He runs hard like Anquan Boldin, Jumps like Braylon, and Catches like Moss and Ochocinco, he runs routes like Rice. Just for the record every player I wanted us to draft this past year has been doing very well so far (Including Kenny Britt (WR) who will be a star one day.

If we off Braylon we have a chance to get Bryant AND Mays

If you guys arent familiar with Dez, he is expected to be the #1 reciever drafted and he looks a little something like this:

454749.jpgDezBryant_002.jpg

This is a guy who can JUMP! AND run, and....... CATCH A FOOTBALL!!! He has CRAZY HANDS! Watch these 2 videos, the one on the left is 2007-2008 and the one on the right is 2008-2009

I know its a little early before we should even be thinking draft, becaus we can still go 13-3 and win the superbowl. But, its still fun to speculate and recommend

dude, 26 in my opinion is old, im 21 and I feel as if I only have 9 years left, after that your pretty much done, thats the magic age for running backs. The thing is, Braylon doesnt have enough time to be a hall of famer anymore, too many wasted seasons. His ego is shot and therefore he cannot perform to the level he could have. I know that sounds crazy but its the truth.

Your body is at its physical peak when you are 26 years of age, from there on you begin to lose a step.

We want a number one reciever when we are a really good team (in a few years) to be at their physical peak, and hopefully with this new staff, at their mental peak as well.

When I think of a great Browns team, I think of a team full of YOUNG explosive guys who can win consistenly for years to come. Pittsburg, Baltimore, New England theyre getting old now. Patriots had a young team right before they started winning now their loosing a bit of their kick.

This is why im so big on starting rookies, we need them to be legit NFL threats by their 2nd/3rd years, and not putting them on the field is delaying that process

Bryant's more like Terrell Owens, both in terms of skill set and emotional maturity. Whereas the knock on Moss is that he's soft, Bryant's problem is that he gets too hot.

Despite being recognized as 1 of college football's top receivers, Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy says Dez Bryant still has room to grow in giving his all and being a team player.

Gundy said this week that Bryant deserves all the accolades he's received as an All-America receiver and Biletnikoff Award finalist. However, he says Bryant still "needs to learn to play hard every single down."

Gundy says he's seen on tape where Bryant will start celebrating big plays by his teammates instead of finishing blocks downfield.

The OSU coach also believes Bryant gets himself so hyped up before kickoff that it leads to him cramping up and running out of energy during games.

via here.

And check out these highlights from the Georgia game. It's clear that the Bulldogs were trying to bait him into doing something stupid. His teammates were able to keep him under control, but he did commit a few dumb penalties.

Bryant has the talent level of a top five pick, but I'd need to be assured he won't implode emotionally before even considering drafting him that high. And with many people who know Mangini, including ESPN's Michael Smith, saying that he wouldn't take a receiver with a top ten pick, I don't think this trade & draft scenario is all that likely to happen.

Instead, I'd wait and see what contributions our rookie receivers make this year. And I'd keep a close eye on Minnesota's Eric Decker; before joining the Browns' coaching staff, receivers coach George McDonald was Decker's position coach.

If the coaching staff's disappointed in Robiskie, they can get a better version of him in Decker.

The 26 year old thing has more to do with the physical.

The stamina, speed, and recovery of a 26 year old is much greater then that of a 35 year old.

Thats not saying good things dont come with age, I believe that brute strength is developed in your later years. You definitely have more experience and brains at that age as well.

I just really would like a situation here in this town where we arent building our team to have that 1 or 2 good years, what I want to try and do is make it so every facet of our team peaks at the same time

QB's, Recievers, Runningbacks, Linebackers, Corners etc. all in their prime

The "26 is old" thing IS a joke, right?

You aren't even an actual person until you're 35. Then you wake up and say, "God, I was xxxxing stupid for those 34 years."

Unfortunately, you wake up about 7 years later and say, "I wasn't so bright at 35, either."

Then you die. Geez Shep what a sad sack.

Archived