THE BROWNS BOARD

With all of these personnel changes who knows what could happen this weekend...

PlaygroundLegend

Eric Mangini only has a few years to turn this team around, and I dont think hes really trying to create a winner this year. I think he is still evaluating the talent of individual players on this team, hence why he hasnt started the other rookies. He's trying to see what he has in the older guys rather than checking out the newer ones yet.

This weekend is an interesting situation, with Davis/Lewis out as well as the QB carousel. I can see Mangini doing some pretty wacky things with our lineup and our players.

We already know that safety Mike Adams could be playing corner. Who knows what else Mangini could be up to. Maybe this year is just one big experiment so he can begin his Magic. He's in it for the long haul folks.

Things we could see: Mike Adams at CB, Josh Cribbs Lining Up at HB more regularly (in what I believe is his true position), Brandon Mcdonald (B-Mac) at WR (he played WR through college), rotation of QB's throughout the game, Moving Wimbley and various other LB's into other spots, look at that FS position and what may happen. We might finally see our rookie wideouts.

I think you are wrong about Mangini not trying to build a winner this year. The main thing he needs to do is change the atmosphere around Berea to a winning atmosphere. It doesn't mean that they are going to win out, but it means he has to post some wins so he can get ALL the players to buy into his system.

Thus the reason for the QB change.

Cribbs's days as the #2 wide out are coming to a close. You will see MoMass and Cribbs will settle in at the #4 receiver and run some WildDawg. I don't think you will see him lined up as a RB, although I have always said he would be a better 3rd down back then a WR.

Archived