THE BROWNS BOARD

why does Mangini continue to sell himself with the Parcells/Belichick connection?

bestplayer52

''There are certain things I learned from my experience being here in [Cleveland] in 1995, then transitioning to New York with [bill] Parcells, then transitioning to New England with [belichick]. I feel I got a real good perspective on it and was lucky to be around those situations to understand the difficulties you encounter and the importance of having a plan, having a vision and sticking to it.''

He should KNOW by now and not just feel he has a "real good perspective."

Modell never would have hired Mangini or Crennel or Davis or Palmer.

Look at Mangini on the sidelines - he tries to act like Belichick but the problem is that people respect Bill and he wins. Players don't respect a wanna-be coach who's only resume is working for other coaches who have achieved and won Super Bowls.

and don't forget Mangini was the only person interviewed for the job. Mike Tomlin and John Harbaugh are coaches who were researched and approached to interview with other candidates that were as good or maybe better but at least they had a vetting process.

So the Steelers and Ravens own the AFC North. Why? Because the ownership hires the right front office people and coaches based on due diligence and long-term plans.

The Fans in Cleveland still blame Modell for their failures? He would never have let this 10 year slide happen. He was successful in Cleveland and successful in Baltimore. The Rooney's have been the model owners for years and hire the right people!

The Browns failure should be pointed in the right direction - Lerner not Modell (he only won wherever he went.)

Who's going to the hall of fame? Modell or Lerner?

''There are certain things I learned from my experience being here in [Cleveland] in 1995, then transitioning to New York with [bill] Parcells, then transitioning to New England with [belichick]. I feel I got a real good perspective on it and was lucky to be around those situations to understand the difficulties you encounter and the importance of having a plan, having a vision and sticking to it.''

He should KNOW by now and not just feel he has a "real good perspective."

Modell never would have hired Mangini or Crennel or Davis or Palmer.

Look at Mangini on the sidelines - he tries to act like Belichick but the problem is that people respect Bill and he wins. Players don't respect a wanna-be coach who's only resume is working for other coaches who have achieved and won Super Bowls.

and don't forget Mangini was the only person interviewed for the job. Mike Tomlin and John Harbaugh are coaches who were researched and approached to interview with other candidates that were as good or maybe better but at least they had a vetting process.

So the Steelers and Ravens own the AFC North. Why? Because the ownership hires the right front office people and coaches based on due diligence and long-term plans.

The Fans in Cleveland still blame Modell for their failures? He would never have let this 10 year slide happen. He was successful in Cleveland and successful in Baltimore. The Rooney's have been the model owners for years and hire the right people!

The Browns failure should be pointed in the right direction - Lerner not Modell (he only won wherever he went.)

Who's going to the hall of fame? Modell or Lerner?

Dude are you serious? Modell wasn't a successful business man. If he was then the Ravens would still be run by the Modell family you moron. He sold his soul when he moved the team to Baltimore because he was going bankrupt and don't say it was cause we refused to build him a stadium. A new stadium doesn't help a team contend, and to the fact that even in the old stadium the browns sold out every game, which is how I don't know how in the world the man was going bankrupt. He is a disgrace to the human race and why don't you just get a life and go to a ravens site and talk about all your criminals on your ravens roster.

You ask why? Its because thats the last time he remembered winning a playoff game or being around winners.

I hate to judge him so early but he Fails!!!!!! at Life & coaching

He had all of us fooled.

Art Modell fired Paul Brown in 1963 and then the Browns won the NFL Championship Game in 1964 against the Colts.

However, some players, Jim Brown among them, said that the team wouldn't have won had Paul Brown still been the coach.

During Modell's 35 seasons as team owner the Browns qualified for the postseason 17 times, winning 11 division titles and the NFL championship in 1964.

What has Lerner done in 10 years????

I do think it's pretty pathetic that he's got to name-drop Belichick all the time.

That, and I think it's almost funny how all the coaches who used to work under BB absolutely scrambled to get his cast offs on the waiver wire.

Denver, Kansas City, Cleveland--it was like a feeding frenzy for Belichick's rejects.

Your a fookin idiot, 95% of Browns fans are dissatisfied with Lerner, what is even the point of your 'argument' or are you 'arguing' with yourself?

I would say 99% are dissatisfied with lerner but about 50% fear lerner moving the team as opposed to selling it and remain silent of their disapproval of lerner..if lerner did sell there is always the chance of getting an equally bad owner(cant get much worse) owner and if he moved there is no gaurantee that cleveland would have the backbone to fight for colors ,history or even an expansion...

But the lerners just like art modell said as he fought alone to keep al lerner from getting the franchise are not fitting owners for the browns ,or their fans...but the nfl approved him anyways...the difference in the browns owner and the ravens owner is modell picked steve bisciotti to continue and improve the traditions the greedy ass nfl approved our owner based solely on his bid and against art modells better judgement..

I no longer hold modell guilty of treason the city of cleveland betrayed art numerous times before he finally did what he said he would have to do if the city didnt build a new stadium amonst many other things the city did to prompt modell to move...the man just wanted to go to a superbowl something the city of cleveland wasnt willing to let happen...gawd i wish we had a driven owner like modell was instead of just a bussiness owner that doesnt care about the team the culture the city or the fans... :(

Archived