THE BROWNS BOARD

U2 360 Tour

damajuki

Gentlemen,

Just got back from the U2 show.

Totally frickin' obscenely ridiculously awesome.

Best live show I've ever seen, without exaggeration.

Best technical stuff, stage, sound, etc. Simply superb. We were in the upper deck of a football stadium and the speakers were literally eye level with us. The 360 screen was ridiculously awesome, as was the 10-story spire capped with a disco ball. Incredible lights everywhere.

And the sound was impeccable. Bono has still got the chops, and Edge is just sick. Mullen and Clayton were laying it down and the sound system delivered.

But most importantly, these guys really care about what they're doing. Bono oozes passion and he really is able to bend the crowd to his mood. When he gets quiet, the crowd gets quiet. When he wants people to move, they move.

Just had to share. It was incredibly impressive and I'm tempted to find another date before it's all over; it was that good.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, lots of younger people feel that way. I think it's because you guys have grown up in a hyper-cynical era in which sarcasm and sophomorism reign in pop culture.

Bands that show genuine emotion and wear their hearts on their sleeve freak a lot of younger people out, I think.

Either way, you should check out the live show if for no other reason than to tell you grandchildren you did because we won't see anything like U2 ever again.

It truly is a spectacle worth every penny. And I don't say that lightly.

• 2 months later...

Archived