THE BROWNS BOARD

Mangini VS Romeo

Fan Of STEEL 1

So I was never a fan of Romeo. I always thought he made some odd decisions. But Mangini is also making some strange decisions himself. This whole QB controversy was created by him and he has never shown any strong support for a starting QB. With him benching Quinn and starting DA he has once again shown to both QBs that he has little faith in either of them. This does not bode well for a starting QB because they have to constantly look over their shoulder should they make a mistake. At some point you need to just go with the guy you think is going to win games and give him the team. Quinn should have been that guy for at least half of the season. I think it would have given the QB much more confidence and promoted better team support. Now what you have is a constant fear running through both QBs and that usually is not a good thing. So I'm not convinced that Mangini is a better coach than Romeo was and in fact may actually be worse at this point in his career.

Good luck.

Not how I would have chosen to handle the qb issue for sure. But it's a mess he inherited so we have to wait and see what he does next year.

Trust me, we have our questions....

One thing it says to me is Mangini isn't the guy that will work with what he's given. He needs the right people in the right position or forget it. Doesn't make me the happiest camper.

This (DA vs. BQ) can't really go on another year can it?

alas.... just about the time we get this figured out, it'll be time for the lockout!

So I was never a fan of Romeo. I always thought he made some odd decisions. But Mangini is also making some strange decisions himself. This whole QB controversy was created by him and he has never shown any strong support for a starting QB. With him benching Quinn and starting DA he has once again shown to both QBs that he has little faith in either of them. This does not bode well for a starting QB because they have to constantly look over their shoulder should they make a mistake. At some point you need to just go with the guy you think is going to win games and give him the team. Quinn should have been that guy for at least half of the season. I think it would have given the QB much more confidence and promoted better team support. Now what you have is a constant fear running through both QBs and that usually is not a good thing. So I'm not convinced that Mangini is a better coach than Romeo was and in fact may actually be worse at this point in his career.

Good luck.

I totally agree!! This team seems to be running very similar to last years team. That tells me Mangini is bigger idiot than RAK!

What today came down to was another Superbowl for the browns and especially Mangini. He wanted a divisional win bad, the team got a spark of hope, and in the end it was just another loss. I don't feel this helps your team figure out the QB situation. If anything it makes it worse. DA is a one hit wonder. He will have a good game here and there but is not going to be anyones franchise QB. Quinn should have been left in there to learn, make mistakes, and grow into the offensive leader of the team. Mangini has fractured the team and there will always be a question mark any time either QB makes a mistake because he never outright supported either of them.

I feel for you browns fans and as a STEELER fan wanted the help of you beating the bungles.

There was nothing fun about watching the browns choke. If they won we would have been one game out of the division leader after a very poor start by the STEELERS. Besides the fact that I would rather have good teams in our division and beat them.

This GM and coach seem very out of touch. Don't be surprised if they are both fired by seasons end.

Guest TheJokersWILD
There was nothing fun about watching the browns choke. If they won we would have been one game out of the division leader after a very poor start by the STEELERS. Besides the fact that I would rather have good teams in our division and beat them.

Where were you guys last week when you lost to the bungles? I don't recall any stoller trolls on here talking shit, now after they win they come out. Typical Stooler shit.........

Guest TheJokersWILD
it was funny. and the browns are always at the bottom anyways so it isn't like this is something new.

I just find it amusing how an NFL team always ends up losing. This isn't rocket science, it is football. Block, Pass, Run, Hit, and Coach.

by the way, how those Ravens do today?

The Ravens lost but it was fun see Cleveland Browns choke and watch Mangini's face.

0-4 takes them out of any playoff/wildcard consideration.

Having a deadbeat in our division year after year is cool.

Maybe next year browns. start planning the draft / combines.

Boy you are a freaking moron.... Its four games into the season.... NO team is out of the playoffs.... yes it could be unlikely the way certain teams play but after 4 games were 3 games out... I do believe theres more than 3 games left in the season jack off... So we are not mathematically eliminated yet douche bag

Where were you guys last week when you lost to the bungles? I don't recall any stoller trolls on here talking shit, now after they win they come out. Typical Stooler shit.........

You think this is talking shit? This was talking about what is going on, not smack. Get over it, I talk football all the time, win or lose. I even stated in this thread that the STEELERS had a very poor start to the season. That does not mean I can't see the reality of things in Cleveland and to be honest it kind of pisses me off. As I have said many times. I would rather the browns be a great team. BTW, if you really think this is talking shit then you better watch out.

Fixed.

Neither the Rats or the Bungles will beat out the STEELERS for the division let alone a wild card spot. You should look at the schedules and who each team has played so far and who they play through the season. The rats are over-rated and the first good team they played they got beat fairly easily. The Bungles are certainly improved on defense and their offense is more focused but they will lose more games at the end of the 16 game season than the STEELERS and end up in second place. The STEELERS play stronger as the season progresses and we will have our defense back by the time things get heated up. I know you hate the STEELERS but saying we will finish in third place is just wishful thinking on your part.

• 4 weeks later...
are you freaking kidding me? i thought you would be his biggest fan. just like ohio state fans loved lloyd carr and cried when he left.

Sorry but I'm not a fan of any losing coach. I would prefer the browns become a force to worry about when you play them. Romeo always seemed stupid to me and when he admitted he flipped a coin to make a team decision????? Wow. Mangini fooled me when you guys hired him and I thought he was going to be a good fit but immediately started tearing down team history. I was like... WTF?

Romeo received a lot more time and patience from the fans than Mangini is currently getting. Romeo however moderately build off what was handed to him and i dunno how the browns would have been if he and Phil savage would have worked in tandem instead of Phil calling all the shots.

Mangini may become a good coach in the future and maybe a true disciple of Bellichek but right now he is worse than what bellichek was in Cleveland. Infact he is making the expansion year seem more competitive !

Mangini fooled me when you guys hired him and I thought he was going to be a good fit but immediately started tearing down team history. I was like... WTF?

Oh for crying out loud, get over the tearing down of a stupid mural. I'm a diehard Browns fan and I could care less of some stupid mural getting moved or taken down, or whatever the hell happened to it.

It's obvious where the trophy case is going to go now.

Can we get back to talking about real football things, Martha?

Oh for crying out loud, get over the tearing down of a stupid mural. I'm a diehard Browns fan and I could care less of some stupid mural getting moved or taken down, or whatever the hell happened to it.

Yeah, screw that team chemistry and everything it stands for.

To start out doing this should have been a huge red flag to every fan that this guy had no idea what he was dealing with. Although I find it interesting that a STEELERS fan should care more about the browns team chemistry than someone who says he is a life long browns fan.

You know Stan, it's not just the mural. It's been pretty much everything the guy has done... or not done. Tearing down that mural was just the beginning of a series of blunders that tore up team chemistry. But who needs team chemistry right?

Archived