THE BROWNS BOARD

Game ball

Thomas5737

Even though we lost, I believe Danamal deserves a game ball. Watching the game in the tavern we were down early 14-0 so Danamal decided to mow the lawn. He returns late in the game and the Bengals start driving down the field. After some coaxing from other members in the tavern he took one for the team and left the tavern. The Bengals were 1st and goal. 3 plays later we are a 4th down stop that would almost lock up the win for us. You all know what happened from there, but I wanted to say thanks Dan.

Pretty losses or build for the future?

That is the question....

Why are you so confident Quinn even deserves a shot? Because of where he was drafted and what college he went to? Yeah he played 3 tough defenses but he didn't even look competant. Didn't look like a 3rd yr player at all. Sloppy, lost, ineffectual. WTF have you seen that says we gotta go with this guy all season?

After Anderson ran in that endzone with the 2nd TD, he and Ratliff bumped chests, Quinn? Somewhere pouting.

Quinn was congratulating #3 the same as the rest of the team.

I watched the game. What were you doing?

Im glad your drinking the orange aid VD,

This team has holes all over the place so when I say build for the future im not just speaking of the QB position. How about a RB ,RT,LB?

Why should all these needs drop because we gave up to soon on a number one draft pick with good credentials?

DA is not the answer long term. But he looks like a good stop gap until we find the guy.

I ask you again, what have you SEEN that makes you believe we should continue with Quinn to SEE what he has at the position?

Because we were not developing guys like MoMass and Harrison with him @ QB.

What have you SEEN?

DA is not the answer long term. But he looks like a good stop gap until we find the guy.

I ask you again, what have you SEEN that makes you believe we should continue with Quinn to SEE what he has at the position?

Because we were not developing guys like MoMass and Harrison with him @ QB.

What have you SEEN?

Mr. Vegas, you will NEVER get an answer to this question. I've been asking it for 3 years and all you will get is "He's a first round pick" or "We don't know yet". Truth is, some of us have known for awhile including 20 teams, two coaches and 3 Offensive Coordinators. The kid just does not have the basic abilities needed to play in this league. And I won't even get started on how irrelavent draft position is. Ron Dayne would be a stud if you just would have kept him in there right? They should have worked on Moranovich, Leaf, Toretta, Couch, A. Smith, Majkowski, and MacGuire a lot more, they would have been sweet also.

Most Quinn supporters don't really know what they are watching on Sunday. And they probably like college football more than real football. It cracks me up that when Brady makes one good play in an entire game, "he has potential, he can make all of the throws, this kid is the answer". And then when DA makes one negative, not even bad, play the entire game, "We know what this guy is. He's a bum. He's a career backup". Awesome analysis. The kicker is, Quinn fanboys would rather see the Browns lose with Quinn than win with DA. This is something I will never understand.

Guest Masters
Mr. Vegas, you will NEVER get an answer to this question. I've been asking it for 3 years and all you will get is "He's a first round pick" or "We don't know yet". Truth is, some of us have known for awhile including 20 teams, two coaches and 3 Offensive Coordinators.

Really? Cause I swear I saw one staff turn to him last year and another staff this year chose him as the "best chance to win" after mini-camps, OTAs, training camp, and preseason.

You can say the number of teams that past over him all day. Guess how many passed on the other guy who started yesterday?

You may feel you know where BQ will end up as an NFL QB, but you'll have to forgive others who feel 6 games in two years, and 2 1/2 games under this staff is not enough time to proporly evaluate a player the Browns traded away picks to go get.

By the way, most of those guys you just listed got more time than 6 games before teams made conclusions on them.

BQ may not ever develope, no doubt. But some don't feel adequete real game experience has been given in order to determine that.

Really? Cause I swear I saw one staff turn to him last year and another staff this year chose him as the "best chance to win" after mini-camps, OTAs, training camp, and preseason.

You can say the number of teams that past over him all day. Guess how many passed on the other guy who started yesterday?

You may feel you know where BQ will end up as an NFL QB, but you'll have to forgive others who feel 6 games in two years, and 2 1/2 games under this staff is not enough time to proporly evaluate a player the Browns traded away picks to go get.

By the way, most of those guys you just listed got more time than 6 games before teams made conclusions on them.

BQ may not ever develope, no doubt. But some don't feel adequete real game experience has been given in order to determine that.

I agree he didn't get enough time I was against the move myself. Only because I wanted the world to know what we had in him and we could avoid this type of thread forever.

The only reason I bring that up is because people like to use the "he's a first round pick" argument.

Yeah, but none of them had a young QB behind them that has proven he can win and whom the team respects. If our only backup was Ratliff, I would give Quinn 3 years.

Cause I swear I saw one staff turn to him last year and another staff this year chose him as the "best chance to win" after mini-camps, OTAs, training camp, and preseason.

Look at the TV ratings and ticket sales after the announcement each time. Also consider the incredibly short leash they had on their future QB. It's just a thoery but its based on the belief that Mangini is not a Retard.

We can fill danamal in real quik on what he missed out on

Harrison fumbles and Bengals score a TD, that was rare.

Anderson throws another interception on the goal line he threw it right to him with no Browns players around. That is typical Anderson.

Take away those 2 turnovers and we Win!!!!

And he may still get his chance yet. But he needed to take a break, regroup, learn from someone else running the offense. Does everyone agree with that?

Personally I have seen enough, but I am not smart enough to know if he has what it takes. But he didn't just play bad against these 3 teams, he was horrible. Some guys bounce back and from what I know of Quinn he has never been in this position before. We'll see how he regroups.

Besides one or two people, I have yet to see anyone say DA is the long term answer. But to be honest I don't know that he isn't, much like I don't know Quinn isn't.

It amazes me people only need 28 starts to figure out DA. That's not even 2 full seasons.

Guest Masters
And he may still get his chance yet. But he needed to take a break, regroup, learn from someone else running the offense. Does everyone agree with that?

Personally I have seen enough, but I am not smart enough to know if he has what it takes. But he didn't just play bad against these 3 teams, he was horrible. Some guys bounce back and from what I know of Quinn he has never been in this position before. We'll see how he regroups.

Besides one or two people, I have yet to see anyone say DA is the long term answer. But to be honest I don't know that he isn't, much like I don't know Quinn isn't.

It amazes me people only need 28 starts to figure out DA. That's not even 2 full seasons.

I'd disagree with the first statement. He's been learning from the bench for almost 2 years. I don't really buy that Quinn will learn anything else from the pine at this point.

Completely agree with you on the second statement. I don't think any person can rationally say otherwise.

I am pretty confident that DA isn't the long term answer for any team. But that's after 28 games of the same ups and downs. Anything can happen though. There have been other guys who finally get it after a much longer time.

28 starts is a long time, especially when you see the same mistakes you saw in game one in game 28.

Archived