THE BROWNS BOARD

The reinvention of eric mangini

steel88

Mangini fires up the troops: Cribbs said coach Eric Mangini's impassioned pregame speech got the players amped up.

"He came to us and said, 'They're dogging us in the media, they got us ranked last in the league -- I don't care about none of that. I ain't hungry. I'm starving. Go out there and be smart, but just hit someone.' He inspired a lot of guys, and that did it for us."

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/..._his_focus.html

This bodes very well for us.

Guest ATENEARS
And then we lost.

No dude, and then YOU lost.

Yesterdays game was entertaining. I felt and heard the pulse of the fans as they streamed out of Cleveland Browns Stadium yesterday, stating that all they wanted at this point was a competitive game and to be in the game until the end. Baby-steps for a once proud franchise, but certainly reality in week #4.

The place wasn't packed as the club seats were only about 70% full, most other sections though were filled and all stayed until the end (or until Palmer broke the long run in over-time).

We got our monies worth yesterday, unlike week #1.

I finally saw the guy i was expecting all along in mangini yesterday i also saw an awesome DC developing in ryan a potential head coach as well...but i see a loser who is horrible at playcalling in critical situations and just overall to conservative in daboll...and we will continue to struggle until he is either fired or figures out that SAFE PLAY IS NOT SAFE against the bungals late in the game!

I expect more gutz and ballz playcalling win or lose by it... not this late game chicken scratch crap...daboll aint no chud and that isnt saying much..

Yesterdays game was entertaining. I felt and heard the pulse of the fans as they streamed out of Cleveland Browns Stadium yesterday, stating that all they wanted at this point was a competitive game and to be in the game until the end. Baby-steps for a once proud franchise, but certainly reality in week #4.

The place wasn't packed as the club seats were only about 70% full, most other sections though were filled and all stayed until the end (or until Palmer broke the long run in over-time).

Fooking A.

Hey I wanted a win also, but I would have settled for just looking like an NFL team that got after it. All you unsatisfied fans with no appreciation for PROGRESS are kidding yourselves.

Guest Masters
All you unsatisfied fans with no appreciation for PROGRESS are kidding yourselves.

Kind of like when we were satisfied with this under every other staff.

Sorry Vegas, but I have drank enough Kool-aid over the last 9 years. I am off the stuff.

Hey Stan, would you feel the same way if The Mighty Quinn played QB?

I sae progress with him as well. The plays were there against Cin. in OT.

Progress perhaps but still bad playcalling what we were seeing is DA executing despite some rotten playcalling...but at least daboll mans up to it and admits he sucks..i think mangini/daboll need to reinvent the scheme to be somewhat more creative so we quit getting into 3rd and 8 situations to begin with...this regime needs to figure out that when the game is close and the stakes are high going ultra conservative is not always the solution especially against the bengals...;)

Kind of like when we were satisfied with this under every other staff.

Sorry Vegas, but I have drank enough Kool-aid over the last 9 years. I am off the stuff.

After watching the last 3 games, I saw a football team that played hard - and I think it spoke of their coach.

Now I want to see it the rest of the season, with maybe a bump here and there. Not the other way around. Would you agree?

Guest Masters
After watching the last 3 games, I saw a football team that played hard - and I think it spoke of their coach.

Now I want to see it the rest of the season, with maybe a bump here and there. Not the other way around. Would you agree?

I'd agree, to an extent. Like you said, we have to see the rest of the season. But right now, there have been 4 bumps in the road. What I need to see is some smooth road here and there, not the other way around. We have seen these little coach speeches fire up the team before, still result in a loss, and it result in nothing short or long term. I have had all the moral victories I can stomach at this point.

0-4 is 0-4 no matter how we want to doll it up this time.

Guest ATENEARS
Hey Stan, would you feel the same way if The Mighty Quinn played QB?

Feel like we tried everything we could, gave it our best, and left it all out there using every corner of the field? Certainly.

Guest Masters
Masters, are you a Browns fan? Like for real?

Yes, and like every other one I have seen this same thing year in and year out.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, three times, 4 times, shame on me

I have to strongly agree with Masters. While progress definitely was made (and it was VERY entertaining), how many times have we seen this in the past. One good game will not win championships. Consistency will. We need a team that brings the same quality play (like yesterday) every week. Not this once every 5 weeks stuff we've seen for the last umpteen years.

How do you do that with crossing that stuff out? That is fukcing cool. I be dumb when it comes to computers.

Oh and what do they fool you on? We knew that we were bad every year before it starts and guess what? We are bad. Im not telling you to look at the glass half full because you are your own person but damn start looking at the glass half full.

Guest Masters
How do you do that with crossing that stuff out? That is fukcing cool. I be dumb when it comes to computers.

Oh and what do they fool you on? We knew that we were bad every year before it starts and guess what? We are bad. Im not telling you to look at the glass half full because you are your own person but damn start looking at the glass half full.

I just figured it out after seeing other do it. Up in the tool bar next to bold, indent, and underline is "aA" drop down menu. Highlight what you want and select Strike Through.

Year in and year out of these moral victories, little pep talk speeches, etc., yet the results are continually the same after them. Loses and losing seasons. Let's just say over the last 9 years the Browns organization has drank and spilled all that was left in my glass. I was ready to be half-ful as with every season, but starting off the season as bad as the expansion year ended that. They need to start filling the glass again before I will get duped into thinking its half full.

I have to strongly agree with Masters. While progress definitely was made (and it was VERY entertaining), how many times have we seen this in the past. One good game will not win championships. Consistency will. We need a team that brings the same quality play (like yesterday) every week. Not this once every 5 weeks stuff we've seen for the last umpteen years.

Although I love your winning mentality, we are talking about the Cleveland Browns right? Not your local pee-wee football team that you watch every saturday moring.

Why dont we try and win a game first. And then we can talk about back to back wins and then we can talk about playoffs and then we can talk about playoffs every year and the we can talk about going to the super bowl. We are at being competitive in the NFL first. And if you thought we were going to win a championship before this season then I see why your guys hopes are all shot to hell.

Until then I will get excited about our over 100 rusher that got good playing time and the 150 yard rookie WR and a QB that can actually move the ball and pick up first downs and get touchdowns and the D that did a way better job because they were not on the field for 59 minutes and 32 seconds and the fun of being in the game in the 4th quarter instead of staring at the T.V with this are you kidding me look while getting blown out and nothing to play for.

Until then I will get excited about our over 100 rusher that got good playing time and the 150 yard rookie WR and a QB that can actually move the ball and pick up first downs and get touchdowns and the D that did a way better job because they were not on the field for 59 minutes and 32 seconds and the fun of being in the game in the 4th quarter instead of staring at the T.V with this are you kidding me look while getting blown out and nothing to play for.

Take a breath! Jesus.

I just figured it out after seeing other do it. Up in the tool bar next to bold, indent, and underline is "aA" drop down menu. Highlight what you want and select Strike Through.

Year in and year out of these moral victories, little pep talk speeches, etc., yet the results are continually the same after them. Loses and losing seasons. Let's just say over the last 9 years the Browns organization has drank and spilled all that was left in my glass. I was ready to be half-ful as with every season, but starting off the season as bad as the expansion year ended that. They need to start filling the glass again before I will get duped into thinking its half full.

i am probably going to use this in everyone of my posts now Thanks.

I do hear ya. If it makes you feel any better I was born in 1982 and dont REALLY dont remember the the drive and the fumble. So I have never really expierenced a good team. Maybe a couple years in there 90's or something like that they were ok. And I still try and look at the glass half full.

Its like when you tell yourself your sick when you dont fell well then you will probably feel like shit. I see my son and when he throws up and you know he doesnt fell well but he doesnt know any better and he still is jumping around and playing like nothing happend. If that makes sense.

Thats what I think the problem is with our fans. Look at the positives and build on it. Our fans dont give our players, coach and team a chance. Just saying.

Oh and Quinn sucks thanks for teaching me that again. One day I will learn how to put a picture on here. Cause the copy and paste thing would be just to easy.

Guest Masters
Thats what I think the problem is with our fans. Look at the positives and build on it. Our fans dont give our players, coach and team a chance. Just saying.

Oh, I'd disagree with you there. The fans have blindly done that for Palmer/Policy, then Davis, then RAC/Savage.

Oh, and for the picture, I believe it is the button 3 to the right from the strikethrough drop down :)

Take a breath! Jesus.

I thought this was a football forum and didn't have to put periods, commas and shit. But no problem I will just for you.

I was trying to make a point with the and the and a and the and the and the. In case you didn't get it, it was me saying there were alot of positives.

Its a fact that Lerner forced Mangini to start Quinn. It was a forgone conclusion before the season even started. Hell, Romeo told us in week 12 of last year that Quinn would be the starter for 2009, and he knew he wouldnt be here to make that call. Mangini did what the guy signing the checks told him to do. He gave Quinn his chance like Lerner wanted. This team didnt become Manginis until the Bengals game when Mangini could play his own line-up. As far as Im concerned Mangini is 0-1 as our coach. Lerner however is 0-3.

Oh, I'd disagree with you there. The fans have blindly done that for Palmer/Policy, then Davis, then RAC/Savage.

Oh, and for the picture, I believe it is the button 3 to the right from the strikethrough drop down :)

Button 3 to the right from the strikethough drop down. Damn I told you I'm not bright with this. You lost me at Button.

Guest Masters
Button 3 to the right from the strikethough drop down. Damn I told you I'm not bright with this. You lost me at Button.

Icon might have been a better choice of words.

Another way to look for it is below the Fonts drop down (when you move your cursor over it it will say insert image, and it looks like a picture).

Archived