THE BROWNS BOARD

Kansas City 0-4

hammertime

KC is another team with issues-

Getting a 'star' qb in Cassell hasn't seem to make a difference there yet.

Getting rid of their star tight end seems to have hindered their offense also.(no i don't want winslow back)

Their running game is a mess also.

Are there any positive things happening with the Cheifs.

I just looked at their schedule and looking at them there are only three probable teams they can beat Oakland, Buffalo and Cleveland - in that order.

Our next game against Buffalo is crucial in erasing the 0 in the W column. It will be shameful if KC gets its first win before us.

Being an AFC west fan I watch the chiefs very closely, as depressing as that sounds. While it is a boring, arduous, and perennially pointless task as they haven't been relevant for decades, it does let me say that you have the better team in that match up. If you haven't broken the W by then, you will in that game, but I believe you will get one coming up soon here. DA wouldn't be my choice of QB when building a team, he is way too erratic, but once in a while he can shock you. I don't think Anderson will ever get you, or anyone else, to the playoffs, that dream died a few seasons back, but there will be a game or two you win thanks largely to his arm.

Are there any positive things happening with the Cheifs.

Directly toward this question, in all seriousness there are three positives that I see, Cassel is better than most of the hacks they have run through behind center, and with the amount of money they dropped on him, they will probably focus on other areas of the team for a few years. This is positive motion for the Chiefs, who have much larger problems than who is taking the snaps, they need to build both lines and start to win games in the trenches.

The second positive is that they have a stable FO. I am not positive the staff they brought in is the correct solution, but I am certain they will be given the time to find out for sure. Stability there will bleed down through the rest of the organization and create a better atmosphere in general.

The third positive is that they are in a very weak division. The window looks to be closing on SD, the Broncos despite the 4-0 start are young and suspect, and the Raiders, well their HC is about to be arrested for assault, that should say it all.

All three of these points are good news for the Chefs in the long run, but for this year, not so much. With any luck at all, you guys should pound them, and I will be smiling the whole time. :)

Archived