THE BROWNS BOARD

Where the f%^& is Brian Robiskie

Guy Fontenot

Guest ATENEARS

Mohamed Massaquoi is much better than Robiskie, Braylon Edwards is our #1 like it or not, and Cribbs is our biggest play maker and I applaud the attempt to try to get him the ball in his hands in the secondary ... just hasn't worked.

It will be interesting though if Braylon gains a suspension for his fight early this morning after a night club was closing down. The league may suspend him, opening the door for the two rookies to have to play.

Guest Masters
Why are we wasting our time with Brick hands Edwards and not even dressing our second round draft pick!

Can someone please help me with this!!!!!?????

Robiskie did dress yesterday and played special teams.

But he has not had any passes on offense at all. I understand BE is our number one... but as long as we are trying to spark a fire (ie benching quinn) we might as well see what our rookies have.

I love Mo Mass! He should be our number one receiver! All im saying is if we can get two receptions out of robiskie a game... then he is twice as good as Braylon!

Mohamed Massaquoi is much better than Robiskie, Braylon Edwards is our #1 like it or not, and Cribbs is our biggest play maker and I applaud the attempt to try to get him the ball in his hands in the secondary ... just hasn't worked.

It will be interesting though if Braylon gains a suspension for his fight early this morning after a night club was closing down. The league may suspend him, opening the door for the two rookies to have to play.

Someone must have spouted off about Michigan St.....I'm sure it was an Ohio State fan... boooohoooo

But he has not had any passes on offense at all. I understand BE is our number one... but as long as we are trying to spark a fire (ie benching quinn) we might as well see what our rookies have.

I love Mo Mass! He should be our number one receiver! All im saying is if we can get two receptions out of robiskie a game... then he is twice as good as Braylon!

Not at all there Guy....

The defensive gameplan against us is very simple. Take BE out of the game. Which teams have done for a while. That is why you seen MoMass get 8 catches for 148 yards. Once he continues to prove that he can do that consistantly then it will open up BE at times.

Throw in a little Furrey in the slot with Harrison coming out of the backfield and I think we have all the weapons we need. Of course if Royal is out of the game and Heiden is in.

Guest Masters
The defensive gameplan against us is very simple. Take BE out of the game. Which teams have done for a while. That is why you seen MoMass get 8 catches for 148 yards. Once he continues to prove that he can do that consistantly then it will open up BE at times.

You are quite correct there sir. What alarms me is it took 3 weeks for the staff to figure out MoMass opposite instead of Cribbs was a far better idea.

You are quite correct there sir. What alarms me is it took 3 weeks for the staff to figure out MoMass opposite instead of Cribbs was a far better idea.

I hear what you are saying but I think it was worth a shot seeing if Cribbs had anything. He is dangerous with the ball and we need all the playmakers we can get. It didnt work out so move on. Which we did.

Also MoMass could have gotten his confidence shot by playing 3 great defenses in the first 3 games. Didn't he have confidence issues at Georgia? I think I read that somewhere before the draft or after we drafted him or something like that. It worked out well in the end or so far either way.

BTW usually it takes WR's 2 to 3 years to breakout and come into their own. So Robo still has a shot just got to wait and see. What do you think about him?

Guest Masters
I hear what you are saying but I think it was worth a shot seeing if Cribbs had anything. He is dangerous with the ball and we need all the playmakers we can get. It didnt work out so move on. Which we did.

Also MoMass could have gotten his confidence shot by playing 3 great defenses in the first 3 games. Didn't he have confidence issues at Georgia? I think I read that somewhere before the draft or after we drafted him or something like that. It worked out well in the end or so far either way.

BTW usually it takes WR's 2 to 3 years to breakout and come into their own. So Robo still has a shot just got to wait and see. What do you think about him?

I was all for seeing Cribbs. But I'd strongly disagree with trotting him out as the regular #2. If they were mixing him in here and there, using him in 3 wide sets, I'd be down. But putting him in regularly at the #2 WR hurt this offense for 3 weeks. Like you pointed out, teams double team BE, and if that #2 WR couldn't get open (which was the case for Cribbs), it no bueno.

They were good defenses for sure, but they weren't ones that had a shut down corner for the #2 WR. Better late than never I guess.

It usually does. Which would also be why I'd caution reactionary over enthusiasm about MoMass's showing yesterday. It was a good game, but I think this year he's not going to have a lot of games like the one yesterday. I am not sure what to make of Robiskie at the moment. Something is preventing him from getting on the field. If I were to guess, I would say his holding out hurt him, as far as being in the mix right now. As the season goes on, I think he's going to see the field more and more, with Cribbs seeeing less and less at WR.

Mangini told some media today that you will see Robo in some 3 wide sets in the near future. He praised him for his work ethic. He explained that his special teams comments weren't to undermine Robo's abilities as a WR but that a #4 or #5 WR who dresses has to be able to do something to help the team. Backup RBs play special teams. Backup TEs play special teams and on and on.

He hinted that with Furrey playing some DB and Cribbs back on the coverage teams. Robo has moved up the chain. also, Cribbs will get some time this week in practice at RB. Even when Lewis gets healthy he said "we need to find an offensive niche for Cribbs and not just as a WildDawg guy maybe a 3rd down back.

What they don't want is for defenses to perk up and take notice every time he checks into the game. That was the reason they tried to get him settled in as a WR. Mangini said "that isn't our best option with him". Meaning he didn't quite work out at WR. He didn't draw any coverage away form Edwards and really had a hard time getting separation.

So, look for Robo to be involved in some 3 receiver sets and even maybe with Cribbs in the backfield. Especially if Furrey needs a blow from playing DB. Robo and MoMass on one side and Edwards on the other, hoping they roll their coverage to Edwards.

Archived