THE BROWNS BOARD

Starting WR's to be announced by the end of the week

OconRecon

http://twitter.com/OfficialBrowns

Mangini: Starting WRs decided by the end of week. Not opposed to starting 2 rookies "if they’re the 2 guys who make the strongest case."

3 minutes ago from web

---

And more feedback on the trade in general:

Cris Carter on ESPN says Braylon is struggling personally and "Cleveland fans don't care if you're from Michigan, they only care if you're playing bad football"

It could be, yes..but with the way he played last week he has no reason to be nervous. Mangini has confidence in him, and so does DA (see tight pass thrown into good 1on1 coverage of Leon Hall....oh wait maybe that was another DA blunder. DOH!) I think he has all the potential in the world. Time to find out now

I don't think one game performance by MoMass was a tipping point for dealing Edwards. After the Sunday night events I think he would have been gone regardless. Again, we're 0-4. That was probably the biggest catalyst for making the move now.

That said, what was most promising to me about MoMass last week was how he "looked". Yeah, call me out if you want but he "looked" like a threat. He didn't "look" like a rookie. Maybe we really caught lightning in a bottle with this guy.

Guest ATENEARS
:P Nothing open downfield. DA will be benched at halftime for Quinn!

Awww... cut him slack, he may pass it downfield someday, no reason to only play him when nothing is open down there.

Don't you think it's a little bit too much pressure for a rookie?

Dwayne Bowe had no problem with it in Kansas, so why not.

When was the last time the Browns had an offensive player post a fantasy-worthy week? Massoquai played amazing football last week. Dude is definitely a starter.

And if MoMass is the #1 receiver it bodes very well for Mangini's first draft.

Not when he becomes it by default.

I do like him, though, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I'm greedy. I think this trade kinda stinks for us.

Not when he becomes it by default.

I do like him, though, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I'm greedy. I think this trade kinda stinks for us.

This doesn't stink at all. We are ridding ourselves of losers.

Just like all the talk about offers of 1st round picks for Quinn and none for DA, i don't beleive any of it.

Theres a few more losers on the roster an will get weeded out eventually.

I think its great.

I don't think the trade would go down without MoMass' stepping up on Sunday.

That's a pretty big promotion to the team's #1 WR in his 5th week in the NFL.

That's why I think this deal was in the works before the incident. And, why does someone have to be the #1. Isn't it to DA's benefit that Buffalo doesn't know who the go to guy will be in some situations? If they come out with MoMass, Robo and Furrey or even Cribbs, where do you roll the coverage to?

Fact is DA doesn't have to force the ball to MoMass because he is now the #1.

Why does someone have to be labeled the #1? Is that so defenses know who to double?

DA just has to find the guy in single coverage or throw underneath or in the seam if they play a cover 2.

Archived