THE BROWNS BOARD

Kevin Shaffer

titleist585

Guest Masters
He's the Braylon Edwards of linemen this year. He had a very, VERY good year, graded out extremely high.

What the frick happened to him?

I'd have to guess no heart.

He's the Braylon Edwards of linemen this year. He had a very, VERY good year, graded out extremely high.

Where did you come up with this idea? He was the weak link last year too. He only started because Tucker was suspended. Then he was splitting time with Tucker last year and was going to get benched until McKinney went down. That's when Tucker moved to guard.

What the frick happened to him?

I'd have to guess no heart.

To me that is what makes the defernce between a good player and a great player. If I was a person decideing who it was I was bringing to a team this is the first aspect of personality I would look at. I personally think that is why Josh Cribbs is as good as he is. Kid has HEART. Love that in a player.

Shafer?

He has lead feet. That's why he was worse at LT. He is NOT a LT.

Has played well, even terrific at times at RT, but when you put a quick, agile guy on him,

the qb is in big trouble.

He's a tough big guy who doesn't move well. Any defense that can make him move

can be successful on his side.

I figure the Browns need a major RT about rnd 4 in the draft. Shaffer is a fine backup.

Round 4 tackles usually don't pan out.

If we want a good one, it better be done by round 2 or just go out and buy one in FA.

Guards and centers can be had in the mid rounds...tackles are early rounders like corners and qbs.

Got to get that shopping done early.

Archived