THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

0-4 is ugly. There is no two ways about it.

But somehow, this year, it feels better than 0-3.

Because we have now established an identity. Derek Anderson: it's your team. Your teammates always seem to rally around you, you lit a fitre under the offense last week and got the most out of young playmakers that were just big question marks a week ago. Jerome Harrison: You are our new feature back. You can run inside, you can run outside, you can catch, you are a home run threat and real playmaker at the position. Mohamed Massaquoi: You showed us you have what it takes ... guess what, you are now the #1 receiver of today and the future. Brandon McDonald: thanks for showing your teammates how quickly your ass will get benched if you play one game like a clown. Braylon Edwards: Thank you for getting us two useful players and two useful draft picks ... because we weren't getting anything but headaches from you.

I'm kind of excited to see the offense this week, Anderson is now firmly in control and has had two weeks to get his timing down with "his" guys. The big headache is gone, we have upgraded the tailback spot, and we are going to get receivers involved that are hungry and have a chance to make a name for themselves. And a quarterback who can deliver it to them anywhere on the field.

Defensively, we played our best game of the season in the overtime heartbreaker to the Bengals, at one point stopping their weapon-laden offense cold three series in a row without a first down.

Mangini now has the guys who are buying in, and the guys who can actually make plays, starting. And the guys that weren't going to buy in ... well, they are in New Jersey or Tampa, or just plain-old unemployed (Hi Shaun!).

OK, 0-4 is butt ugly ... but the REAL Mangini era starts 1:00pm Sunday:

Cincinnati at Baltimore 1PM

Early in the NFL season, everyone is still working off of "perceptions", and right now the perception is that Cincinnati is not that good, just eeeking past the Browns, and the opening week loss to the Broncos was considered a "bad" loss (but look at it now). And Baltimore is a "powerhouse" team that finally has an offense to match it's defense and is a Super Bowl contender. Phooey. The Bengals are the better team. The Ravens are awesome at beating Brady Quinn or Brody Coyle, but their defense is showing stress fractures and misses Rex Ryan. Their offense has largely feasted on patsies and the Bengals can bring enough pressure to make Joe Flacco play out of the pocket where he is not yet comfortable. And Carson Palkmer has the Bengals beleiving in themselves again, I don't see that changing soon. The Benglas are the better team, and by 5PM on Sunday they will sit atop the AFC North. BENGALS 23 RAVENS 20

Cleveland at Buffalo 1PM

The Bills season actually looked a little promising after two weeks, if you weren't looking too closely, but since then the wheels have flung off and the only thing keeping Coach Jauron from hearing "Sack The Dick" chants in Orchard Park is ... losing to a dreaded 0-4 Browns team. See ya, Dick. The Bills have a candy-ass quarterback. The Browns used to, but they replaced their Captain Checkdown with Derek "Horseballs" Anderson and are going to fire away at the Bills secondary, while the Bills check down, look both ways before crossing, try to run into a 3-4 expecting the run ... and just all around sputter. The "New" Browns get their first win of the Mangini era with a solid game offensively and defensively ... and the Bills, well they may not know Dick too much longer ... but they'll still have a big pussy (Edwards) and a huge ass (Owens). BROWNS 27 BILLS 13

Pittsburgh at Detroit 1PM

Last year a flawed Steeler team went down the easiest playoff road in NFL history to eek out a Super Bowl win over the lovable loser Arizona Cardinals. This year a mediocre Steeler team will fail to make the playoffs, but they will get to sniff the air of being over .500, for one week anyway, because ... well because they get to play the Lions. The Lions suck. The game will be ugly. There will be tons of toothless pennsyltuckians waving yellow hankies in the stadium that never sells out ... if this was the only game I could watch this week I think I would sooner gouge my eyes out with a rusty fork. STEELERS 19 LIONS 10

Zombo

I dont think the browns have a identity.The defence is horrible they can not tackle,or cover the pass. The offence with anderson will still fold under pressure.Im glad the team played better but this team has a long way to go.I have a bad feeling about the game coming sunday.

Damn, I wish I had your optimism. How many years have you been going at this and still keeping your head held high?

I think we will beat the Bills, but it will be a close game, and an ugly game at that. We don't really have the identity you think we do. Hell, we don't even know our starting lineup. How is that identity? We have 2 unproven rookie WRs, 2 slot WRs (Stuckey and Furrey), and Cribbs. We also have a QB with a propensity to throw interceptions. I would like to hope that the DA of last game is here to stay, but I know him better than that.

I think the Bills will score easily on us. Our run D seems to be moderately good this season, but we won't be able to stop the run enough. And I think Trent Edwards will still be able to find open men because our pass D is still horrible.

Also, on a side note, how is it that its been 10 years and our defense still doesn't know what to do with Tight Ends?

We'll see how it goes.

Guest c-dawg

Not to nitpick, but DA hasn't had two weeks with "his guys". Braylon gone. Cribbs on the verge of demotion. Robo and Stucki yet to get in a game? Let's give them a few more weeks to gel.

Early in the NFL season, everyone is still working off of "perceptions", and right now the perception is that Cincinnati is not that good, just eeeking past the Browns, and the opening week loss to the Broncos was considered a "bad" loss (but look at it now). And Baltimore is a "powerhouse" team that finally has an offense to match it's defense and is a Super Bowl contender. Phooey. The Bengals are the better team. The Ravens are awesome at beating Brady Quinn or Brody Coyle, but their defense is showing stress fractures and misses Rob REX Ryan.

Zombo

Not to nitpick, but DA hasn't had two weeks with "his guys". Braylon gone. Cribbs on the verge of demotion. Robo and Stucki yet to get in a game? Let's give them a few more weeks to gel.

Because Quinn definitely got that courtesy... L oh L

Guest c-dawg
Because Quinn definitely got that courtesy... L oh L

I was referring to Zombo's point above...you did read it right?

Face it, Quinn got yanked because he wouldn't go downfield to any receiver.

Also, courtesy? Join a Miss Manners forum if you want courtesy.

Z, how about DA actually does something before you suck him off?

FYI, 2007 is not something.

Sorry to hear that entire winning season was nothing.

Did you get that last bit of jism off of Brady's balls yet from his "one healthy start" in 08?

Zombo

--He sure had those Broncos on their heals in that loss.

No one is talking about what BQ did or didnt do, we're talking about your unwarranted sucking of DA's schlong.

Personally, I just think that you're going to end up with egg all over your face on this.

Just watch...

No one is talking about what BQ did or didnt do, we're talking about your unwarranted sucking of DA's schlong.

Personally, I just think that you're going to end up with egg all over your face on this.

Just watch...

Yes, you are talking about me and Derek Anderson's schlong, because you sucked Quinn's dry the whole offseason and then watched him go out and shit the bed. Is that what wearing "egg" on your face is all about? How does Brady's "egg" taste?

Now you are warning me that I'll be wearing egg on mine? Maybe so. Maybe Anderson will suck and I'll look as stupid as you. Will that make you happy?

I could care less if I look bad, I'm going to put my opinion out there and I'm going to root for success. So wipe the quinn cum out of your eyes and join us in rooting for the Browns to win this week, won't you?

Zombo

Yes, you are talking about me and Derek Anderson's schlong, because you sucked Quinn's dry the whole offseason and then watched him go out and shit the bed. Is that what wearing "egg" on your face is all about? How does Brady's "egg" taste?

Now you are warning me that I'll be wearing egg on mine? Maybe so. Maybe Anderson will suck and I'll look as stupid as you. Will that make you happy?

I could care less if I look bad, I'm going to put my opinion out there and I'm going to root for success. So wipe the quinn cum out of your eyes and join us in rooting for the Browns to win this week, won't you?

Zombo

can you really say "shit the bed" when DA hasn't done any better?

I'm not arguing here to the point I think Quinn should be starting. I'm 100% certain he will be starting again for the Browns. All I'm saying is, why are you supporting DA so ferociously now (when he hasn't done jack shit this year)? You have been building up to a huge climax for DA lately, and I'm just wondering where its coming from. Have you been locked away watching the first half of 07 all night?

He sucks... the sooner you guys see this the better off you'll be.

can you really say "shit the bed" when DA hasn't done any better?

I'm not arguing here to the point I think Quinn should be starting. I'm 100% certain he will be starting again for the Browns. All I'm saying is, why are you supporting DA so ferociously now (when he hasn't done jack shit this year)? You have been building up to a huge climax for DA lately, and I'm just wondering where its coming from. Have you been locked away watching the first half of 07 all night?

He sucks... the sooner you guys see this the better off you'll be.

Oh and I am rooting for the browns. They won't be any good till that oaf is out of town. No matter who replaces him.

Because we have now established an identity. Derek Anderson: it's your team. Your teammates always seem to rally around you, you lit a fitre under the offense last week and got the most out of young playmakers that were just big question marks a week ago.

Zombo

I was just watching NFL Network's 10 Records that Will Never Be Broken, and one of the records was Tampa Bay's 26 game losing streak. The commentary played out like this:

Commentator: That record won't be broken. Even if you're the worst team in the league [cut to 2008 video footage of Dawson kicking a field goal], every now and then your opponent will give you a gift and you get at least one win [2008 video footage of a triumphant Derek Anderson running off the field waving his helmet over his head, like a clown.]

The identity our team has with Anderson is "loser", and that's an identity I can do without.

I was just watching NFL Network's 10 Records that Will Never Be Broken, and one of the records was Tampa Bay's 26 game losing streak. The commentary played out like this:

Commentator: That record won't be broken. Even if you're the worst team in the league [cut to 2008 video footage of Dawson kicking a field goal], every now and then your opponent will give you a gift and you get at least one win [2008 video footage of a triumphant Derek Anderson running off the field waving his helmet over his head, like a clown.]

The identity our team has with Anderson is "loser", and that's an identity I can do without.

I love me some Zombo

Sorry to hear that entire winning season was nothing.

Did you get that last bit of jism off of Brady's balls yet from his "one healthy start" in 08?

Zombo

--He sure had those Broncos on their heals in that loss.

you mean 6 games in 2007 to be more exact.

I am all for DA doing good and BQ needs to be traded, but seriously, your yanking the chain a bit much there.

Oh my GOD Zombo, STFU. You keep posting these threads with little droplets of DA love and its sickening. This is not DA's team. He has thrown 4 interceptions and 1 touchdown in 6 quarters of football. He has contributed to loosing 2 games. We are not set on Anderson yet, he could very well be pulled after Sunday and replaced by Quinn. Hell, do we even know if he's starting on Sunday for sure, Mangini basically said that the starting QB will be determined on a week to week basis. We still have a controversey jackass.

Thanks zombo always good stuff!

Browns win this one 24-17 and if things click it could be a blow out!

However if DA becomes Mr.Anderception and is trailing the half because of it we may see BQ emerge and DAs reign come to an abrupt end the offense is ripe with new unfilmed WRs and anything can happen should be a fun game....;)

Because we have now established an identity. Derek Anderson: it's your team. Your teammates always seem to rally around you, you lit a fitre under the offense last week and got the most out of young playmakers that were just big question marks a week ago. Jerome Harrison: You are our new feature back. You can run inside, you can run outside, you can catch, you are a home run threat and real playmaker at the position. Mohamed Massaquoi: You showed us you have what it takes ... guess what, you are now the #1 receiver of today and the future. Brandon McDonald: thanks for showing your teammates how quickly your ass will get benched if you play one game like a clown. Braylon Edwards: Thank you for getting us two useful players and two useful draft picks ... because we weren't getting anything but headaches from you.

I'm kind of excited to see the offense this week, Anderson is now firmly in control and has had two weeks to get his timing down with "his" guys. The big headache is gone, we have upgraded the tailback spot, and we are going to get receivers involved that are hungry and have a chance to make a name for themselves. And a quarterback who can deliver it to them anywhere on the field.

Defensively, we played our best game of the season in the overtime heartbreaker to the Bengals, at one point stopping their weapon-laden offense cold three series in a row without a first down.

Mangini now has the guys who are buying in, and the guys who can actually make plays, starting. And the guys that weren't going to buy in ... well, they are in New Jersey or Tampa, or just plain-old unemployed (Hi Shaun!).

OK, 0-4 is butt ugly ... but the REAL Mangini era starts 1:00pm Sunday:

Early in the NFL season, everyone is still working off of "perceptions", and right now the perception is that Cincinnati is not that good, just eeeking past the Browns, and the opening week loss to the Broncos was considered a "bad" loss (but look at it now). And Baltimore is a "powerhouse" team that finally has an offense to match it's defense and is a Super Bowl contender. Phooey. The Bengals are the better team. The Ravens are awesome at beating Brady Quinn or Brody Coyle, but their defense is showing stress fractures and misses Rex Ryan. Their offense has largely feasted on patsies and the Bengals can bring enough pressure to make Joe Flacco play out of the pocket where he is not yet comfortable. And Carson Palkmer has the Bengals beleiving in themselves again, I don't see that changing soon. The Benglas are the better team, and by 5PM on Sunday they will sit atop the AFC North. BENGALS 23 RAVENS 20

Cleveland at Buffalo 1PM

The Bills season actually looked a little promising after two weeks, if you weren't looking too closely, but since then the wheels have flung off and the only thing keeping Coach Jauron from hearing "Sack The Dick" chants in Orchard Park is ... losing to a dreaded 0-4 Browns team. See ya, Dick. The Bills have a candy-ass quarterback. The Browns used to, but they replaced their Captain Checkdown with Derek "Horseballs" Anderson and are going to fire away at the Bills secondary, while the Bills check down, look both ways before crossing, try to run into a 3-4 expecting the run ... and just all around sputter. The "New" Browns get their first win of the Mangini era with a solid game offensively and defensively ... and the Bills, well they may not know Dick too much longer ... but they'll still have a big pussy (Edwards) and a huge ass (Owens). BROWNS 27 BILLS 13

Pittsburgh at Detroit 1PM

Last year a flawed Steeler team went down the easiest playoff road in NFL history to eek out a Super Bowl win over the lovable loser Arizona Cardinals. This year a mediocre Steeler team will fail to make the playoffs, but they will get to sniff the air of being over .500, for one week anyway, because ... well because they get to play the Lions. The Lions suck. The game will be ugly. There will be tons of toothless pennsyltuckians waving yellow hankies in the stadium that never sells out ... if this was the only game I could watch this week I think I would sooner gouge my eyes out with a rusty fork. STEELERS 19 LIONS 10

Zombo

ANOTHER perfect three-for-three for The Great Zomboni

Zombo

--Boy that crystal ball sure is clear right now...

You have to be the dumbest SOB on the planet.......but you have a flare with the keyboard!

Yep, I'm dumb. And your the one that writes "flare" when he wants to say "flair".

Zombo

--Not only 3-0 straight ... but 3-0 against the spread too. Gonna have to take my dumb ass to the dumb bank and count my dumb winnings.

No dipstick, I meant flare

FLARE ..... a fire or blaze of light used especially to signal, illuminate, or attract attention; also : a device or composition used to produce such a flare.

A flare often burns brightly for a short time but always fizzles out! Get it?

Try getting a job and maybe you won't live and die with gambling on football ;)

Ummm ... no you meant "flair".

"a flare with the keyboard" makes no sense. And now you sound really stupid trying to defend it.

I really wish Steeler fans weren't so stupid. I mean it. I wish they were more fun to duel with. But you are just all so goddamn stupid it takes the fun out of it.

Zombo

You go away from this board for awhile but you can come back ANYTIME and count on the STONE stupidity of Steeler Douches. I just had a flare with my keyboard and the keys melted. What a maroon.

Doug

ANOTHER perfect three-for-three for The Great Zomboni

Zombo

--Boy that crystal ball sure is clear right now...

IMPRESSIVE call of the Cincy Upset indeed. The Steeler game wasnt so Ugly as Ben was Fnatastic (Minus one throw) Return to Prevent D showed us again why to NOT use it. But you only get The Browns game Half right as that was as ugly and cruddy a game as they come, and You werent even Close to guessing how that would play out. My guess is Parrish was letting that ball bounce and said "DAMN.. I can let this game go another quarter...HERE !"

Archived