THE BROWNS BOARD

Observations for Friday 10/9

The Gipper

Here are my weekly observations:

1. I had to miss the OT of the Browns game. I was wondering WTF happened to the Browns offense during that time? They were moving the ball fairly well for most of the 2d, 3rd, and 4th quarters, but stalled in OT. Why?

2. I was on vacation in the Cayman Islands last week. Nice place. Not the greatest time of year, as it was still a bit sweltering with humidity....but the solution to that was to jump in the ocean. Nice that there were no beggars, which I understand can be a problem in many Carribean areas. This was only my second Carribean trip...and actually, St. John's USVI where I went the other time was a more beautiful, and less developed place.

3. I have no respect for the way The Yankees do business. Except for a couple of players, all they do is buy the best talent. A complete moron could be successful with that formula. At least with the success of the hated Steelers you can respect the fact that they accomplish what they do on an even playing field. It is not an even playing field in MLB.

4. OK, so it is Friday night, and I have to go sit in the bleacher stands to watch my cheerleader daughter in the rain and cold. So I guess my job is just to suck it up and do what a Dad has to do. At least the team she cheers for is undefeated, and this is Homecoming.

5. Author of the week: Tom Clancy. He is perhaps a little too conservative in his views, and he has the occasional corny dialogue because he doesn't like to use bad language which you know is used all the time, but he can tell a riveting tale, especially a good Cold War spy tale. The one I am reading now is Red Rabbit about Andropov's attempt to assassinate the Pope.

6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Today would have been John Lennon's 69th birthday. He was born October 9, 1940. Clearly one of the greatest talents of a generation...or several generations. Imagine......if he had lived.

7. OK, here it is: Hottie of the week: Lucy Liu (Asian tigress)

Guest c-dawg

6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Today would have been John Lennon's 69th birthday. He was born October 9, 1940. Clearly one of the greatest talents of a generation...or several generations. Imagine......if he had lived.

Well said. I visited where he was shot in Central Park and ran into a buddhist monk celebrating his life...

Archived