THE BROWNS BOARD

Bleacher Report: How to Trade Sizemore

Beanpot

By now most of my fellow Clevelanders will have stopped reading out of disgust and perhaps even accuse me of witchcraft. But the truth is, Sizemore staying with the Indians would be mutually harmful, and if Mark Shapiro can make a good deal, both parties would be better off for it.

First and foremost, Grady is overrated.

Go here to read the rest of his post:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/269252-...-grady-sizemore

I'll just say that I disagree with the emphasis on some of the metrics used but I don't think the author is nuts to suggest such a thing. And he even admits that it's unlikely to happen. Points to him for taking the time to put a bit of research into his thought process.

Beanpot

We all know the Yankee's or BoSox are the only teams he would go to. I hate to say it but if we cant put a winning team together, he deserves to get a chance

to prosper somewhere else. I'm 27 and when i was younger my dad told me that the Indians have always been the farm team for MLB. I hate it but its true. I'll always be true though, always waiting for that WS.

Pretty weak research though. I definitely don't buy the "he probably would've hit .248 without the injury" when he hit .300 in August.

He's been our leadoff hitter because he's been our best (if not only) table setter. If Brantley keeps up his pace, hopefully we can drop Sizemore another spot. It seems like people think every homer cleanup hitters get is a 3 run shot. Sizemore had 90 RBIs as the leadoff man in '08....and I'm not really sure he would've had much more if Carroll and Asdrubal were hitting above him.

I'm sure the assists can be refuted but I don't really feel like researching it. I know Damon plays Left this year, and I'm sure LFs in general rack up more assists just by being closer to the action at 3rd and home. But that's not much more than a guess.

The "young outfielders chomping at the bit" is a joke. Crowe is a 4th OF, or left fielder on a desperate team. Brown has primarily been a 1st baseman. Gimenez is worthless (and a catcher). LaPorta was drafted as a 1st baseman.

But if we could get Matt Cain, I wouldn't complain much. In a straight up, one-for-one deal, I'd rather have the every day player, but there's no question we could use an established starter.

Archived