THE BROWNS BOARD

Wimbley, Jackson, and the Young DL Guys

shepwrite

Obviously DQJ (13 tackles, 9 solos) and Wimbley (11 tackles and a sack) had terrific games. They're keepers. But Rubin and Mosley were really, really good, too, as was Corey Williams. Our defensive line is starting to play excellent football. We need a serious OLB in the offseason, but I'm liking the front 7 more and more.

It's gonna be tough to keep Rubin and Williams off the field. Good problem to have.

On offense, Lewis and Mack stood out for me. The line in general was good. Massoquoi as dreadful and Anderson was worse than dreadful... he was Anderson.

I'd start praying for Bradford to be awesome... but everybody at the top of the draft is gonna want him, including the Rams.

The defense had a good day lewis and mack had good days...frail-ee is doing real good at RT...st clair still sucks and Dumboll has no balls and the wrong guy at qb.and mangini gets what he deserves at the end of the year for sticking with him.

Obviously DQJ (13 tackles, 9 solos) and Wimbley (11 tackles and a sack) had terrific games. They're keepers. But Rubin and Mosley were really, really good, too, as was Corey Williams. Our defensive line is starting to play excellent football. We need a serious OLB in the offseason, but I'm liking the front 7 more and more.

It's gonna be tough to keep Rubin and Williams off the field. Good problem to have.

On offense, Lewis and Mack stood out for me. The line in general was good. Massoquoi as dreadful and Anderson was worse than dreadful... he was Anderson.

I'd start praying for Bradford to be awesome... but everybody at the top of the draft is gonna want him, including the Rams.

Come on Shep. Wimbley had one unblocked sack and completely blew a sack by letting Edwards scramble for 12 yards. Corey Williams barely played and did nothing, Mosely rotated in. DQ similiarly let Edwards scramble for a 1st down playing out of position(again!!!). Considering Edwards was a wreck throwing the ball down the field(like DA), what is the point?

Why do you make these nonsensical posts man?

I agree with everything but the Bradford comment 100%. QB at the top of the draft scares the shinola out of me.

I thought this was interesting:

The NFL draft is ESPN's biggest event of the year so Mortensen keeps tabs on college prospects. While talking to two NFL teams who are looking to draft a quarterback, Mortensen was told that he better write this name down: Jake Locker.

Do not assume that Bradford will be the first quarterback selected if Locker comes out, the teams told him.

"That right there really gets your attention," Mortensen said.

Scouts like his size and what Mortensen calls "plus-plus arm strength." Scouts don't rate him highly for his speed because running quarterbacks don't excel in the NFL, but his quickness shows that Locker will be able to improvise and avoid sacks.

Playing in the Northwest helps Locker's projections. He's used to bad weather and proved last Saturday that a little rain in South Bend wouldn't stop him.

Under Steve Sarkisian, Locker is learning more to play under center, another attribute that improves his NFL stock. Scouts also want a durable QB.

"He's got a body that's built to take a lickin' " Mortensen said. "He has almost everything you're looking for. And the best part is, his intangibles are off the chart. If the draft were held today, I think he'd be the first quarterback taken."

Mortensen said that these aren't his thoughts on Locker -- they're coming from reliable NFL sources, people who correctly rated Vanderbilt's lesser-known Jay Cutler over Vince Young and Matt Leinart in the 2006 draft.

Bradford would make a ton of sense for a team like St. Louis, which runs a WCO. But it's possible that Rams OC Pat Shurmur will look at Locker and see the second coming of the guy he coached in Philly.

I wasn't impressed with Locker's accuracy in the Stanford game, but he did show some big game cojones against USC. Seems like he's the most likely candidate to unseat Bradford, should the Sooner struggle the next couple weeks.

I think you were joking, right, Rest? Wimbley had his 4th sack, almost had another, covered great, and had 11 tackles. That's not really up for debate, my friend. He was excellent.

And, of course, so was DQJ.

I think you must have gotten confused and watched their numbers on a different team in a different game? I know you aren't bright, but I don't think you're full-on Retarded.

Nah, I just get tired of your cherry picking, I will do some of the same. Man, once again, STOP USING TACKLES. Considering how BAD the Bills offense was, of course those guys are going to have tackles. But in terms of playmaking, they were lax. Wimbley almost had another sack? Because he failed to make the play. Listen, call me again after the Steelers and Packers game. I suspect 800 total yards from both of those teams isn't outside the realm of possibility unless weather gets in the way.

Continue believing the dream. Maybe it will come true.

Cherrypicking? I don't even know what you're talking about. I watched the game, keyed on those two a lot, and saw the stats. They were both fantastic.

Dude, it's a non-debate. There's no other side to the story. You're pissing in the wind.

Yep, it is non-debate-able your full of it. Listen, I don't agree with you, so be it. We will see in 2 years who is right.

Suh and Jerry hughes could really add to our defense. I think Jason Trusnik has a real mean streak. I love how he went after Lynch today. Coleman was a welcome sight with his toughness. I think we should go all defense next year in the draft. I wonder if we should've offered more to our 1st choice FA's. Like Greer, Jason Butler, and Goldberg instead of guys like Foster and St. Clair.

I like Locker a ton, probably because I like Sarkisian. He's really creating a whole new culture up there in that stunning setting. It could all come together for a very nice recruiting package.

Locker is Tebow with pocket passing skills.

I again with you about Locker's upside. I rather we go defense first in this up coming draft. I believe we need to upgrade the right side of our O-Line first. I believe we could draft Sam Young in the 3rd. Then if he'still on the board Serigo Render in the 5th our 6th round. I will give Eric this much he can draft good linemen.

Nah, I just get tired of your cherry picking, I will do some of the same. Man, once again, STOP USING TACKLES. Considering how BAD the Bills offense was, of course those guys are going to have tackles. But in terms of playmaking, they were lax. Wimbley almost had another sack? Because he failed to make the play. Listen, call me again after the Steelers and Packers game. I suspect 800 total yards from both of those teams isn't outside the realm of possibility unless weather gets in the way.

Continue believing the dream. Maybe it will come true.

Right on course.

Archived