THE BROWNS BOARD

We Need to make a trade this week!

Next Year?!

Ok Obviously with the loss of Braylon, that stuckey guy wasnt much of a pickup, the one time I did actually see him to get open he dropped the ball. And since or next #1 reciever would probablly be Heiden... since now everyone is just double covering Massoqui... We need to trade and get someone... do u think mangini would trade Quinn this week to get a reciever and if we did who could we get?!

Ok Obviously with the loss of Braylon, that stuckey guy wasnt much of a pickup, the one time I did actually see him to get open he dropped the ball. And since or next #1 reciever would probablly be Heiden... since now everyone is just double covering Massoqui... We need to trade and get someone... do u think mangini would trade Quinn this week to get a reciever and if we did who could we get?!

Were you expecting Wes Welker in that trade?

If the guy were any good, the J-E-T-S wouldn't have let him go.

Quinn is PRAYING that he'll be traded.

Were you expecting Wes Welker in that trade?

If the guy were any good, the J-E-T-S wouldn't have let him go.

Quinn is PRAYING that he'll be traded.

No question the JETS upgraded that position in the trade: Edwards > Stuckey. But Browns got something for what would have been nothing in a rebuilding year before Edwards becomes a FA. I was surprised stuckey dropped that pass, but he'll deliver.

I'm just don't understand you guys. After watching DA yesterday, and him AFFIRMING that he SUCKS at QB, you want to trade a guy who was NEVER given a chance to possibly develop into a good QB? You STILL don't know about BQ, and you DO KNOW about DA. :blink:

I don't think the call to trade Quinn has as much to do with him sucking or not. I think its more the perception that he just isn't going to get the chance to show it in Cleveland. Its the perception that he had a very short leash (even after Mangini said he'd pick a starter and stick with him) and once pulled that was pretty much it. If that's the case its better to get something for him and remove one of the factors of the ongoing QB battle.

I'm just don't understand you guys. After watching DA yesterday, and him AFFIRMING that he SUCKS at QB, you want to trade a guy who was NEVER given a chance to possibly develop into a good QB? You STILL don't know about BQ, and you DO KNOW about DA. :blink:

actually, we know. we know they both suck.

Quinn still has more value than DA, and the team has been playing better with DA under center. Trade Quinn while he still has value.

Give Stuckey a few games at least to get acclimated to the system learn the playbook, get on the same page as DA etc. Remember he is used to catching good passes from Sanchez something he won't be on the receiving end in Cleveland.

To trade for a WR right now would be ridiculous its saying we think we can be competitive when I don't think anyone in the ManKok regime thinks we can.

And trade Quinn. Great idea everybody! DA played horrendous Quinn may get another shot just yet not to mention he is on a highly performance based contract so as a #2 he is not hurting us. He only hurts us when he is in the pocket.

Quinn does still have value, maybe the rest of the league (teams he hasn't QB'ed against) doesn't know he sucks.

I have a theory why Quinn did good his first start against the Broncos.

For one, it was they Broncos and they had a terrible D.

2, they still respected the deep routes against Quinn, because of what the team could do deep with DA. They didn't know Quinn was scared or just couldn't get it done more than ten yards down the field (although I think they figured it out towards the end of the game) so his dink and dunk shit worked.

Guest Masters
I just don't get you BQ lovers.

You think his dropping in the draft was a just a mistake by 21 other teams.

You think because he can't win the starting job, on a team where any second string QB in the league could probably walk in and start, that he has been mis-judged by everyone on two separate coaching staffs?

You think he has trade value because it's all still a mystery?

You're stuck with him unless a team like Oakland does something else stupid!

While I am not saying BQ has any value at this point and I am not saying he will develop, two statements you just made are too silly not to touch on.

You mention BQ dropping in the 1st round. What is your point? Didn't Aaron Rogers drop in the first round? Guys go up and down in the first round all the time. It means little to nothing, unless you are talking about a guy getting picked 30+ picks later or earlier than expected.

Secondly you mention about mis-judging by staffs. I could swear that the last staff, last season, commited to Quinn going forward and before being fired said Quinn was the starter going into this season. Seems the two staffs judged Quinn going forward differently.

Guest Masters
Aaron Rodgers is the true Scott Mitchell. He's got big stats that don't lead to wins. 8 wins in 20 games. (on a team that went 13-3 in Favre's last year)

Except Mitchell was a 1 year wonder statistically, like DA.

You obviously haven't watched much of the Packers last year or this year.

Guest Masters
one year he had 4300 yds and 32 TDs

then he had 2900 yds and 17 TDs

then he had 3500 yds and 19 TDs

all three of those are top 10 in Lions history.

Read the last line of your statement, it says it all (and apparently I have insulted Mitchell by putting DA's name in the same sentance).

Archived