THE BROWNS BOARD

The Paul Macdonald syndrome....

lodilobo

Does anyone remember when Rutigliano replaced Sipe with MacDonald? We had exactly the same situation....he could throw the ball fairly hard and accurate, but the receivers always dropped the ball. Some speculated it was because he was a lefty, and they weren't used to the spin on the ball. The point is....this thing with DA is getting ridiculous. I know....some say it is because he throws innaccurately....a little behind the receiver....a little high....a little low.....that is a bunch of crap. If the receiver is worthy of playing in the NFL, he should catch the ball, if he can touch it....in my opinion. I guess, if Braylon becomes successful in NY, the problem might just be the guy throwing the ball. We need a decent qb....somewhere between the extremes of Quinn and DA.

The point here is that Buffalo's receivers didn't drop anywhere near 9 and it was more than one guy on our team (it was at least 5?) who dropped balls. Logic would tell you that the QB contributed to the "drops" somehow. As others have said, give him 4 or 5 more completions and its still a brutally ugly day for the QB.

I'm still happy we won.

It was cold so the ball was a bit harder, and the ball was most likely moving too fast, and the ball was thrown inaccurately for the most part.

We know Royal can't catch worth a sh!t, but other than that, you have to imagine the WRs aren't that bad. Furrey was dropping balls and the dude caught 98 for the freakin Lions less than 2 years ago.

It was cold so the ball was a bit harder, and the ball was most likely moving too fast, and the ball was thrown inaccurately for the most part.

We know Royal can't catch worth a sh!t, but other than that, you have to imagine the WRs aren't that bad. Furrey was dropping balls and the dude caught 98 for the freakin Lions less than 2 years ago.

You forgot 'wind' and 'lack of reps'.

One poster on the OBR suggested that it was because they didn't focus on passing this week (with two rookie receivers? really? Thanks for indicting the coaching staff).

Does anyone remember when Rutigliano replaced Sipe with MacDonald? We had exactly the same situation....he could throw the ball fairly hard and accurate, but the receivers always dropped the ball. Some speculated it was because he was a lefty, and they weren't used to the spin on the ball. The point is....this thing with DA is getting ridiculous. I know....some say it is because he throws innaccurately....a little behind the receiver....a little high....a little low.....that is a bunch of crap. If the receiver is worthy of playing in the NFL, he should catch the ball, if he can touch it....in my opinion. I guess, if Braylon becomes successful in NY, the problem might just be the guy throwing the ball. We need a decent qb....somewhere between the extremes of Quinn and DA.

As much as I don't think DA is the guy. You put 2 hands on the f*cking ball in the NFL you better the hell catch. Windy or not. Some balls were thrown behind and above the guys head, but as Wes Chandler once put it, "you touch the ball, you should catch it".

Maybe there is a fear with the inexperienced receivers scarred to get hit? Mangini should GIVE them $1700 for every catch.

Archived