THE BROWNS BOARD

The absence of Troy Polamalu .......

Mr. T

This sounds good, The stoolers allready have their excuses for when the loose..

The absence of Troy Polamalu has hurt the defense of the Pittsburgh Steelers

Scumbag Article Here!!!

As the Pittsburgh Steelers prepare to head into what will more than likely turn out to be a second bye week against the Cleveland Browns, the defense looks to hit its stride and come up with the same kind of productivity that helped the team earn a Super Bowl trophy.

This season the Steelers have been able to be more effective on the offensive side of the ball, but the defense hasn’t been able to have the same impact as in previous years.

Part of the problem has been the lack of pressure being applied on the opposing quarterback. Two of the Steelers big pass rushers from last season, James Harrison and LaMarr Woodley; have had trouble getting to the QB this season.

Last year’s Defensive Player of the Year, Harrison, has hit a recent surge as of late, bringing his total number of sacks to eight, but before the past two games, Harrison was struggling to apply pressure.

Woodley has yet to find his rhythm and to date only has one and a half sacks to his credit.

Another part of the defense that has been affected is the secondary. Troy Polamalu has been out with a sprained MCL that he suffered in the season-opening win against the Tennessee Titans.

Once Polamalu returns, Woodley and Harrison should have an easier time wreaking havoc on the quarterback as he will be able to apply better coverage in the secondary.

The defense of the Steelers has shown flashes of old, but late in games they have allowed teams to sneak back into the game with a shot to win or force overtime.

In order to make a return trip to the Super Bowl, the defense will have to close teams out and break their will rather than allow them to score points quickly and easily.

Teams got the chance to see the Steelers defense all last season, so there aren’t any surprises for offensive coordinators. Players that were overlooked on film last season are not this season. Unless the Steelers start giving teams different looks, expect for teams to continue to emerge against the Steelers in the most critical moments of the game.

I agree. Polamalu had little to none impact. Maybe pass defense, he helps. But when trying to sack the QB, he doesn't do that. He isn't the linebacker, or Harrison. That's all on the steelers' lb and DL.

Your not serious right ? LOL... Wow , so Good coverage and hesitant QBs (Not sure of Where Troy is lurking) Have Nothing to do with sacking a QB ?? Wow , your football IQ is impressive there Quinn~lover.

Troy P has an overall positive effect on the defense.. guy is the real deal. There is no way anyone can say that Pitt not having him has not hurth the defense. He is the top playmaker on that defense. I hate him and his stupid hair commercials even more.. But I love to watch him play..man can he fly.. such amazing game speed.

Yeah, to suggest that Troy has little impact on our D is flat out idiocy.

The same way some are suggesting our downturn in D effectiveness is due to Troy's absence from the field. That's equally idiotic. It's partially accurate, but not totally.

Our pass rush has been unusually slow, part of it might be LB's dropping more into coverage, part of it might be the continued aging of our D line, and Smith's season ending injury isn't going to help matters.

The talk is that Troy is playing Sunday, and I hope they're not rushing him back. Ziggy Hood, our first-round pick might get some decent playing time in Smiths absence.

I'd say sit Troy another week, play Hood the whole game.

Regards

... an'at

Troy P has an overall positive effect on the defense.. guy is the real deal. There is no way anyone can say that Pitt not having him has not hurth the defense. He is the top playmaker on that defense. I hate him and his stupid hair commercials even more.. But I love to watch him play..man can he fly.. such amazing game speed.

Agree , It effects the D , much like missing Cribbs would effect your Special Teams.

It isn't about what Troy Pollyboohoo does. it's about what he IS.

He is a GIRLIE-MAN, and his hair is so long because he won't get it cut, because

he is afraid it would HURT.

Yep, It's Squeeler - Browns week !

wow i know that this is steeler's week and all and that troy is a hated member of pissburgh, but come one guys: this guy is amazing. who else has closing speed like him? who else in the defensive backfield hits like he does? who else makes terrible commercials? the answer to the first two are: only a handful of guys. the answer to the last one is: lots of people.

The talk is that Troy is playing Sunday, and I hope they're not rushing him back. Ziggy Hood, our first-round pick might get some decent playing time in Smiths absence.

I'd say sit Troy another week, play Hood the whole game.

I saw somewhere that said they didn't feel Hood was ready to play consistently yet and they're planning on rotating two other guys in on a regular basis and only bring in the rookie here and there. Not sure where I saw it, but I do know that's what I read.

wow i know that this is steeler's week and all and that troy is a hated member of pissburgh, but come one guys: this guy is amazing. who else has closing speed like him? who else in the defensive backfield hits like he does? who else makes terrible commercials? the answer to the first two are: only a handful of guys. the answer to the last one is: lots of people.

LOL

Sounds like a quote from Sis Collinsworth.

Again, ignorance is bliss for some Cleveland fans.

Troy is playing and it would not matter if he was or not. Your team is the same team as last week except now they know how bad the offense is with DA.

The Steelers have beaten the Browns 11 straight times and have a 59-55 overall series edge, including the playoffs. Additionally, Pittsburgh has won 17 of the past 18 games in the series overall. The one loss was a 33-13 in Pittsburgh in 2003

gloat while ya can, dangit...

our Browns started drafting kickass olinemen, too.

They can even run screens now !

The Browns will win. Make sure ya come back and take some ribbing. :angry:

If the Browns win, I will call myself a stupid fag at the end of every post until the Steelers win against the Browns.

If Atenears does not go all gay and start banning again, I'll be back. But seriously, you guys are delusional if you think you are going to beat the STEELERS with that team right now. I wish you the best, but I see a team that got a new head coach that took the team back a step. I never thought I would see that with Mangini there, but he has made some serious blunders.

Archived