THE BROWNS BOARD

Wimbley next to go?

CLEVELandMILIDH

While the rumors surrounding Brady Quinn and Joshua Cribbs appear to be subsiding, we can now add another name to the mill in regard to a potential trade scenario: Kamerion Wimbley.

Recapping this past weekend of football, Mike Lombardi of the National Football Post comes through with the following:

Tuesday is the trading deadline, but I’m not optimistic there will be many deals. The Browns can’t trade Josh Cribbs (I hear they won’t), but will try to move outside backer/defensive end Kamerion Wimbley, who missed Sunday’s game against the Steelers with the flu.

Could yet another first-round draft pick be traded away? It may just be me, but I thought that Wimbley was playing relatively well aside from the whole flu issue. Why try to move the guy?

He has as many sacks through five games as he did all of last season. He has recorded 32 total tackles, on pace to destroy the career-high that he set last season. And we have not heard to much in terms of acting as a malcontent off of the field. Then again, there is a lot that goes on behind closed doors that we just don’t hear about until players are moved.

Alas, keep an eye on this development.

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/?p=19359

Maybe this is why he didnt play sunday. They didnt want him to get injured before they could trade him

Archived