THE BROWNS BOARD

The Cardinals

We need Tom Tupa

Guest ATENEARS
The QB passes the ball...then the WRs catch it. I almost forgot that football was played that way. Wouldnt it be nice to expect passes to be caught when watching the Browns?

My Hag and I were saying the same thing while watching that game. Not only did they catch it, but they even gave 100% effort on every attempt.

Did you also notice the route running? 2-3 receivers in-sync, timed routes, crisp cuts into open space allowing the QB to put the ball in an area to make the catch. As opposed to still being engaged with the defender and expecting the QB to have pin-point accuracy.

Watching that last night was like night-n-day compared to how poorly our receiving game is. Kurt Warner didn't always put the ball on the money, in fact most catches were made with arms out-stretched away from body on high passes and they snatched them out of the air with ease (while even on the run, imagine that).

Braylon runs a pattern like that about once, maybe twice, and three times per game on a good day. Those receivers worked that much in each series if not every down.

I feel sorry for whoever QB's this team. No run blocking, poor route running, and worst of all: dropped passes.

I also like how their slot receiver (Breaston) ended up with 121 yards.

If we could get our #1 WR to catch the ball consistently and get our #2 on the damn field, Maybe we could check down to Cribbs 8 or 9 times a game and see what he can rip off.

Well.... to be fair to the cardinals.. they actually have good receivers.

I would trade BE + Stallworth + Steptoe for Bouldin + Fitzgerald + Breaston in a heartbeat...

Hell... Bouldin has more tallent than all 3 of our receivers.

I don't know if i would go as far as saying their running game is as bad as CLE. Jimmy Jam hasn't even seen 100 yard game yet.

Hightower is showing some life (Not so much last night) but at least Ari. decided to start splitting carries, unlike the browns who give Harrison 5 touches and say, "Thanks for the 48 yards, now grab some pine and watch us pound the ball up the middle for 2 yards..."

Guest Masters

I would trade BE + Stallworth + Steptoe for Bouldin + Fitzgerald + Breaston in a heartbeat...

I'd say Boldin has more heart than any of them. BE could be a combo of Fitzgerald and Boldin, if he played to his potential and could actually concentrate.

Guest Masters
I don't know if i would go as far as saying their running game is as bad as CLE. Jimmy Jam hasn't even seen 100 yard game yet.

Hightower is showing some life (Not so much last night) but at least Ari. decided to start splitting carries, unlike the browns who give Harrison 5 touches and say, "Thanks for the 48 yards, now grab some pine and watch us pound the ball up the middle for 2 yards..."

ARZ is averaging 88ypg (228 rush att for the season/25.3 att/g and 3.5y/c), CLE is getting 101ypg (233 rush att for the season/25.9 att/g and 3.9y/c). ARZ is getting more out of their goal line O, where Hightower has been huge.

They couldn't get anything going on the ground againt SF yesterday, and they are middle of the road at stopping the rush.

I'd say Boldin has more heart than any of them. BE could be a combo of Fitzgerald and Boldin, if he played to his potential and could actually concentrate.

As I have said numerous times....give BE a chance to get used to BQ and not getting set up for big hits by DA's scattershot passes and we may see the BE of last year (or better) make an appearance. I really believe his abundance of drops this year are closely tied to not having a clue where the ball was going on half the passes...and taking monster shots on the ones he actually had a chance to catch.

It is really hard to concentrate when your two options are a wasted route and a bone jarring hit due to your QB's inaccuracy!!!

Just look at what BQ did for K2 in just one day of practice. I fully expect the WR's to garner as much from this week of practice...and the opening up of the playbook.

Guest Masters
As I have said numerous times....give BE a chance to get used to BQ and not getting set up for big hits by DA's scattershot passes and we may see the BE of last year (or better) make an appearance. I really believe his abundance of drops this year are closely tied to not having a clue where the ball was going on half the passes...and taking monster shots on the ones he actually had a chance to catch.

It is really hard to concentrate when your two options are a wasted route and a bone jarring hit due to your QB's inaccuracy!!!

Just look at what BQ did for K2 in just one day of practice. I fully expect the WR's to garner as much from this week of practice...and the opening up of the playbook.

Oh, I am with you WPB. I have been saying it too. Heck, last year near the tail end of the year, when frustration regular started to show on Winslow, Edwards, and JJ's face, that they will stop making plays for DA sooner or later. They would start looking for the hit.

The thing that surprises me as that none of those guys got seriously injured last year with the hits they were taking.

the only thing i have to look forward to is the thread that finally outlines why the defenses lackluster play is DA's fault.

icon_lol.gif

Oh, you missed that one? That was the fact that no matter how well they played he was going to throw a timely INT that destroyed their effort (see Baltimore game 1) or go 3 and out time and again until they just couldn't breath (see Baltimore game 2).

What happened this past week, in my mind, was that Shawn Rogers was hurt worse than he let on (ribs/wrist) and was ineffective. He had 2 total tackles all game. With him basically out of the game....that left the D playing lackluster and we got smoked. (IMO)

Guest Masters
the only thing i have to look forward to is the thread that finally outlines why the defenses lackluster play is DA's fault.

icon_lol.gif

analogy:

"It's like the Browns were a car that was broken down, with many problems with it. The tires are bad, the steering is rickety, and the air filter is so clogged, the engine stutters and stalls alot. You have a brand new air filter sitting in the garage, but you refuse to change it because you want every other part of the car fixed also."

author: JADBF

Guest Masters
The cardinals are better than the Browns. That's pathetic.

They are in the NFC West after all. CLE would be in second place in that division w/ their record right now.

There running game is worse than CLE.

Perhaps. Perhaps not. I'd agree with the latter. Anyway...

But, at least Whisenhunt has the smarts/balls to go with the promising young guy (Hightower, their "Harrison") instead of staying with the tired old nag (James, their "Lewis").

I have the Browns coaching staff and F.O. with a fucking passion.

Guest Masters
There running game is worse than CLE.

Perhaps. Perhaps not. I'd agree with the latter. Anyway...

But, at least Whisenhunt has the smarts/balls to go with the promising young guy (Hightower, their "Harrison") instead of staying with the tired old nag (James, their "Lewis").

I have the Browns coaching staff and F.O. with a fucking passion.

I put up the stats somewhere. They are lower than CLE, other than Hightower punching in short yarders for more TDs.

But you hit it on Whisenhunt compared to RAC.

Guest Masters
I put up the stats somewhere. They are lower than CLE

True, Masters, but look for the tables to turn now that the "correct" RB is in there for AZ.

I hope you mean in CLE with Harrison getting more touches they'll pull further ahead of ARZ in that catagory icon_e_biggrin.gif

Because what I saw last night with Hightower against a middle of the road SF rush D didn't look like the answer ARZ was looking for.

Wishful thinking. icon_e_smile.gif RAC is clearly too much of a pussbag to get Harrison some "real" touches. We've known this for years.

And I wouldn't put too much stock in what Hightower did last night...that was a weird game. He was great two weeks ago, I believe.

Guest Masters
Wishful thinking. icon_e_smile.gif RAC is clearly too much of a pussbag to get Harrison some "real" touches. We've known this for years.

And I wouldn't put too much stock in what Hightower did last night...that was a weird game. He was great two weeks ago, I believe.

He had a good game the week before against STL. But they are 30th against the run after all. I think that is the game that shouldn't have much stock put into it.

Archived