THE BROWNS BOARD

Cap and Trade

So he is a Navy Corpsman. Look, I know there are all sorts of theories, and I damn sure am not in a position to know what the truth is on all this shit. I just hope to god what I think is going on is the right thing, and not some master diabolical plot. And being retired Navy I wish your brother god speed and a safe trip home.

Yes he was in the Navy (I am not sure on the lingo) for 5 years and transfered him to Camp Leguime for Medic training with the Marines.

Just a thought here. Ok, we have this "War on Drugs" here in the US, trillions of dollars spent. But then we don't have a War on Drugs around the world, hence 90% of all heroin being from Afghanistan. We could easily stop it at the source. Let alone that if we took care of it there the Taliban would have zero revenue. Why do you think they are not destroying their crops? Why are they not destroying their funding?

So we go abroad for the "War on Terror" and spend trillions, yet we don't defend our boarders with those same troops here at home.

Sort of a weird dicodemy if you think about it.

Can't really argue with that.

How badly do you think we've been painted into a corner?

WSS

It's a more intractable problem than Iraq by a good measure, and Iraq is screwed. But at least in Iraq you could buy a lot of people off and convince them not to shoot at you anymore. There's a middle class there, some level of modernity. I don't know what you pin this experiment to in Afghanistan.

Archived