THE BROWNS BOARD

12 Browns players miss practice with the flu

SuperSteelers

BEREA — Twelve Browns players, including six starters, missed practice today with the flu and were told not to report to the team facility.

Coach Eric Mangini said many of the cases hit this morning and that he didn’t know if they were the H1N1 virus. He said he’d shorten practice to protect the remaining guys.

“We’re trying to look for signs of any type of illness and get the guys home and out of the building,” Mangini said before practice. “We’re working as hard as we can to promote things to prevent illness. We’re stressing sleep and washing hands and things like that.

“It’s that time of year.”

The absent starters were: nose tackle Shaun Rogers, center Alex Mack, safety Brodney Pool, tight end Robert Royal, fullback Lawrence Vickers and linebacker Kamerion Wimbley, who was sent home from Pittsburgh on Sunday morning and missed the game with the flu.

The others out sick: running back Jerome Harrison, defensive back Anthony Madison, receiver Chansi Stuckey, linebacker Jason Trusnik, defensive end Corey Williams and practice squad defensive end Brian Schaefering.

“We’ll adjust practice, work around it and continue to move forward to Green Bay.”

The Browns host the Packers on Sunday at 1 p.m. If the Browns are without a large number of players, they will be allowed to call up players from the practice squad without having to release players from the roster. The NFL put this provision in place recently with the prevalence of the H1N1 virus across the country.

http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2009/10...e-with-the-flu/

BEREA — Twelve Browns players, including six starters, missed practice today with the flu and were told not to report to the team facility.

Coach Eric Mangini said many of the cases hit this morning and that he didn’t know if they were the H1N1 virus. He said he’d shorten practice to protect the remaining guys.

“We’re trying to look for signs of any type of illness and get the guys home and out of the building,” Mangini said before practice. “We’re working as hard as we can to promote things to prevent illness. We’re stressing sleep and washing hands and things like that.

“It’s that time of year.”

The absent starters were: nose tackle Shaun Rogers, center Alex Mack, safety Brodney Pool, tight end Robert Royal, fullback Lawrence Vickers and linebacker Kamerion Wimbley, who was sent home from Pittsburgh on Sunday morning and missed the game with the flu.

The others out sick: running back Jerome Harrison, defensive back Anthony Madison, receiver Chansi Stuckey, linebacker Jason Trusnik, defensive end Corey Williams and practice squad defensive end Brian Schaefering.

“We’ll adjust practice, work around it and continue to move forward to Green Bay.”

The Browns host the Packers on Sunday at 1 p.m. If the Browns are without a large number of players, they will be allowed to call up players from the practice squad without having to release players from the roster. The NFL put this provision in place recently with the prevalence of the H1N1 virus across the country.

http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2009/10...e-with-the-flu/

Not surprised. Last time I was in Pittsburgh I got rotgut, herpes and a spastic colon.

Zombo

Not surprised. Last time I was in Pittsburgh I got rotgut, herpes and a spastic colon.

Zombo

The rotgut and colon issue can be forgiven, the herpes was just plain dumb...we know she couldn't have been very good looking.

Who said it was a she?

I do know there are a lot of queers roaming the streets of Pittsburgh...like I said, the women already look like men, so why put up with the woman attitude....so I understand why nearly 70% of the males in that town turn the other way, but knowing him I know he at least attempted to give one of those gals a courtesy.....at least it didn't turn in to aids...that is a real risk in that town, almost on parallel with countries in Africa.

I do know there are a lot of queers roaming the streets of Pittsburgh...like I said, the women already look like men, so why put up with the woman attitude....so I understand why nearly 70% of the males in that town turn the other way, but knowing him I know he at least attempted to give one of those gals a courtesy.....at least it didn't turn in to aids...that is a real risk in that town, almost on parallel with countries in Africa.

LMAO!!!

Archived