THE BROWNS BOARD

Wednesday Sports Trivia

The Gipper

Here is my weekly Trivia quiz. See how you do:

(Question difficulty rating: * easy, ** doable, ***tough ****very difficult *****nigh on impossible

1. What Cleveland Indians player holds the team record for longest hitting streak? **

2. Since the NCAA began keeping complete records in 1937, what two teams were involved in the highest scoring Div. 1A/FBS game? (score, date if possible) *****

3. At any point in college football history, what is the most points scored by 1 team? (Give school, score, opponent, date if possible) **

4. Who scored the most points in a men's college basketball game? (name, school, points, year, opponent if possible) ***

5. The Patriots just beat the Titans 59-0 on Sunday. What is the largest margin of victory in a shutout in an NFL game? *

6. Name the active players who are among the Top 25 in all time career home runs. **

7. How many of the Top 15 Quarterbacks in Passer Rating are currently active players? **

8. Between 1957 and 1969 how many NFL rushing titles were won by a Cleveland Browns player? *

Bonus: Name the Non-Cleveland Browns who won a rushing title in that period. (NFL only, not AFL) **

9. Which college Quarterbacks that won the Heisman Trophy were also the #1 overall pick of the draft? (hint: there are 6) ****

10. Which colleges have won the most Heisman Trophys? *

11. Which year did Pittsburgh win it Professional Basketball Championship? ***

12. Name the 6 people who have scored more career points than Shaquille O'Neal **

(Question difficulty rating: * easy, ** doable, ***tough ****very difficult *****nigh on impossible

1. What Cleveland Indians player holds the team record for longest hitting streak? **

2. Since the NCAA began keeping complete records in 1937, what two teams were involved in the highest scoring Div. 1A/FBS game? (score, date if possible) *****

3. At any point in college football history, what is the most points scored by 1 team? (Give school, score, opponent, date if possible) **

4. Who scored the most points in a men's college basketball game? (name, school, points, year, opponent if possible) ***

5. The Patriots just beat the Titans 59-0 on Sunday. What is the largest margin of victory in a shutout in an NFL game? *

6. Name the active players who are among the Top 25 in all time career home runs. **

7. How many of the Top 15 Quarterbacks in Passer Rating are currently active players? **

8. Between 1957 and 1969 how many NFL rushing titles were won by a Cleveland Browns player? *

Bonus: Name the Non-Cleveland Browns who won a rushing title in that period. (NFL only, not AFL) **

9. Which college Quarterbacks that won the Heisman Trophy were also the #1 overall pick of the draft? (hint: there are 6) ****

12. Name the 6 people who have scored more career points than Shaquille O'Neal **

Unless it has been broken, number 4 is held by Bevo francis university of Rio Grande with something over 100 points but I don't remember the exact amount. The game was played in the Jackson high School gym which is now a Middle School. Iv'r played many a game on the same floor. If you totaled all of my points I may have as many as bevo had in that one game.

BevoFrancis.jpg

Unless it has been broken, number 4 is held by Bevo francis university of Rio Grande with something over 100 points but I don't remember the exact amount. The game was played in the Jackson high School gym which is now a Middle School. Iv'r played many a game on the same floor. If you totaled all of my points I may have as many as bevo had in that one game.

BevoFrancis.jpg

That's 2.

# 3 is 222, in 1916- Cumberland Bulldogs vs. Georgia Tech Engineers

October 7th 1916.

You said anytime during college football history :D.

#6 I think would ba a-rod, barry bonds (if you count him active), manny rameriz.

Technically, I cannot give you #3. (you knew that date off the top of your head?)

Bonds is not active and does not count, otherwise your answer to #6 would be incomplete.

Kenny Keltner?

No idea

Ga tech......Cumberland

Ptete maravich...LSU....no idea

73-0 redskins

Thome.....???

??

8. Between 1957 and 1969 how many NFL rushing titles were won by a Cleveland Browns player?

12 *

Bonus: Name the Non-Cleveland Browns who won a rushing title in that period. (NFL only, not AFL) ** John Henry Johnson??

1. Sandy Alomar had a streak of around 30 games.

8. i think Gale Sayers won it at least once.

Technically, I cannot give you #3. (you knew that date off the top of your head?)

Bonds is not active and does not count, otherwise your answer to #6 would be incomplete.

Actually, perhaps I can give you #3 as perhaps I misread it. You put Ga Tech in bold....did that mean you meant that it was the Rambling Wreck who had the 222 points? If so, that is the correct answer....if you assure me that you didnt cheat and look it up.

Actually, perhaps I can give you #3 as perhaps I misread it. You put Ga Tech in bold....did that mean you meant that it was the Rambling Wreck who had the 222 points? If so, that is the correct answer....if you assure me that you didnt cheat and look it up.

The bold team had 222 and yes i did cheat :D.

Thome, Manny, Griffey, A rod.....

I feel like I'm missing one or two more

Only 1 more.

And I want to say thanks to the Board Admin. for correcting my mistake in double posting this thread.

Archived