THE BROWNS BOARD

A.J. Hawk supports Brady Quinn

SuperSteelers

Former Ohio State linebacker A.J. Hawk will have a decision to make during the offseason. Take a pay cut and remain with the Green Bay Packers, or sign with another team.

Hawk is scheduled to make $4.1 million in base salary next year, but it appears the Packers don't think he's worth the money because he hasn't been the type of impact player they projected when he was drafted fifth overall in 2006 draft.

Hawk hasn’t been in on any turnover plays this season. He hasn’t had an interception in two years, and his last sack came late last season.

Hawk tells PackerNews.com that he's never been a guy that shoots gaps and takes a lot of chances. He also has no plans to overhaul his mindset to make more big plays, just for the sake of making more big plays.

"I’m trying to be a solid, steady, consistent-type guy, but you have to find a good balance from being a consistent guy to actually making impact plays and getting (tackles for losses) and interceptions and doing things like that, which I haven’t done a lot of recently, obviously.”

Hawk is the brother-in-law of Cleveland Browns quarterback Brady Quinn. The two talk about once a week. Hawk says Quinn has had the proper perspective since he has been pulled as the Browns' starter.

"He understands that for multiple reasons he’s not playing, whatever’s going on Cleveland. He’s a good team guy, though, he can handle it. It’s good it’s a guy like him, he’s not going to cause any problems. He’ll get his chance eventually.”

http://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports-blog/...wk_support.html

G

The first chance he got, he ef'd it up. He mite not get another chance in Cleveland. If it was up to me I would send Anderson and Quinn both packing..............................THEY BOTH SUCK ASS

Elway was horrible his first year. Although Quinn doesn't have the same arm, maybe he could get a lot better.

AJ Hawk would be better served to concentrate on his own career. He hasn't exactly performed as assumed in GB.

Hawk knows little about playing HIS position in the NFL, never mind QB.

I would love for someone to start a thread that would not say anything about the QB situation we have. But we all (myself included) always seem to take that turn

Shocking news here...i mean woah...Aj hawk supports his bro in law..cuz his wife told him 2...married guys you know what i mean..just makes it easier on the home front..make mama happy..even if it means lying about your crazy bro in law that wears a recently traded wide recievers shoes around the locker room..on a side note...is it weird that they wear the same size shoes?...hmm. thats actually kinda creepy the more i think about it.

Archived