THE BROWNS BOARD

Brady Quinn plays not a down as Browns are blown out by Packers

mastadave99999

http://www.ohiomm.com/blogs/mcmanamon/2009...out-by-packers/

Brady Quinn plays not a down as Browns are blown out by Packers

by Pat McManamon on October 25, 2009

in Brady Quinn, Browns, D'Qwell Jackson, Derek Anderson, Eric Mangini, McManamon, vs. Packers (2009)

Things Brady Quinn must be wondering:

–What it takes to calculate the velocity of a pigeon carrying no mail flying into the jet stream during the early evening hours without knowing the initial speed of the pigeon?

—The formula for Coke.

—Why he can't play six or seven minutes in a blowout loss when the guy ahead of him was 12-for-29.

Any of the three could be answered as easily as the other.

Because there is no way to find an answer to any of the above questions. The largest mystery of all those three questions might be why Quinn did not play in Sunday's loss to Green Bay.

Who knows, maybe Quinn poured gasoline on Mangini's lawn after he was benched.

But the Browns could not have done more to damage Quinn's postseason trade value than they did by not playing him Sunday. To say that he's not even good enough to get in at the end of a blowout loss is an insult to the guy deemed good enough to start the opener, and maybe even an insult to the fans.

Either Quinn has no redeeming value, or something happened behind the scenes to make the coach angry. Or … maybe Mangini just figured what Derek Anderson started, Derek Anderson should finish.

Bottom line: Anderson has gone 23-for-70 the past three games. Sunday against Chicago he looked awful. Yet Quinn did not play a down.

Can the Brett Ratliff era be that far away?

Random thoughts..

–Anderson threw for 99 yards, the exact same amount of yards that Green Bay drove for to score its final touchdown.

–Someone asked after the game if the run defense was affected by D'Qwell Jackson's injury. It almost made me regurgitate my chips and salsa.

–I mean, what difference would Jackson have made in a 31-3 loss?

–Aaron Rodgers said after the game that the Packers scout team ran the Browns defense better than the Browns did on Donald Driver's 71-yard touchdown reception.

–That hurts.

–Not near as much as it had to hurt the sellout crowd to watch that game.

–How long can the Browns keep doing this to their fans?

–I wondered it before the play, so I'll wonder it now: Why not try a fake field goal early in the quarter when the Browns were lined at their four. Isn't this a team that needs something like this to make it work?

–After having some success with the WildDawg in Pittsburgh, the Browns ran it once against Green Bay. Josh Cribbs had a knee issue during the week, which might have had something to do with it.

–Someone posited to me that the Browns had no talent. I wonder who is responsible for that. Phil Savage, or Eric Mangini? It's Mangini who traded Kellen Winslow and Braylon Edwards, Mangini who had 23 new players on the roster on opening day, Mangini who brought in every ex-Jet walking. If the coach deserved to be fired after last season, it follows that means the Browns had some talent and the coach did not get much out of it. Which means that inheriting said talent and adding 23 players to the roster — many of them your handpicked guys — means this team should be better. It's not. It's worse.

–The Browns had first-and-goal at the 5 and first-and-goal at the 1 and did not score a touchdown either time. This will lead to problems.

–The next tackle Eric Wright makes in the open field will be the first.

–Though Brodney Pool did whiff early in Driver's big catch.

–Can this get worse? Yes. The Browns go to Chicago next week to play a Bears team that was embarrassed in losing to Cincinnati.

–Then there's all those home games in December.

–Yikes.

What they said:

"I thought we were making progress in a lot of areas. I don't think we showed that today, at all."

–Browns coach Eric Mangini

"Because DA was our starter and I felt comfortable with the things that we were doing."

–Mangini, on why he didn't play Brady Quinn

"We aren't good right now. Period. Flat out."

–Derek Anderson

"We feel like this is a game we should win, and we came out and dominated."

–Packers CB Charles Woodson

"This was a weird game, to be honest. It was a little chippy at times and very quiet in the third quarter to where on third down I can hear myself and everybody on the field can hear me as well. There was a different feel to it."

–Packers QB Aaron Rodgers

As far as BQ being a bust after 7 nfl starts in 2 years then whats that say about DA after 35 starts and why the hell is he still around?

There is more than meets the eye here when 2 regimes with different philosophies take a very similar route..personally i see lerners fingerprints all over mangini's decision to pull BQ and i see lerner behind savage pulling frye and 3 back to back starts is by no football standard not even pop warner an adequate evaluation period for any player at any position...mangini chose bq and then pulls him after saying he would be dedicated to his choice and never considered benching him...only to pull the plug at the half of the ravens game...it smells of owner meddling and even the national press is finally picking up on it...there is no justification for keeping DA in at this point to most fans even ratliff would be a welcome change this season would not have felt like such a waste if our inexperienced QBs were learning and if we were learning that bq is or is not the guy for sure...

Losing 1/3 of your fanbase to greedy foolish decisions is not the proper way to handle an nfl team and lerner will get what he deserves as the dumbass fans in northern ohio begin to awake from their 10 year local media induced daydream and become rightfully angry..and mangini he may as well be on americas most wanted list this puppet has already wore out his welcome and nothing he does will get the majority of the fanbase back on his side..

Hey medicineman.

We know you don't like either QB here, and we know you don't like Quinn.

I think 390 of your 393 posts are telling people that Quinn is a Bust.

Thanks for the info.

Now get over it.

I think, that you think too much. Your crying over stuff I post?!? I have an idea, ignore me you douche.

Hey medicineman.

We know you don't like either QB here, and we know you don't like Quinn.

I think 390 of your 393 posts are telling people that Quinn is a Bust.

Thanks for the info.

Now get over it.

I think, that you think too much. Your crying over stuff I post?!? I have an idea, ignore me you douche.

i love a good old fashion cat fight.. just not among dudes.

Nah I don't think to much, I just get sick of reading/skipping over your 3 or 4 cliche'/repeat posts after everybody's threads. Apparently you're unable to complete your thought process before you hit the "post" button, so you always require multiple postings to do so.

Don't worry though after that intelligent response you can go on the Lum's list too.

I was at the game sunday. I feel like such a idiot for spending my money for that sorry excuse for a game. I was a Anderson supporter. I also wanted to see Quinn do awsome. I get sick to myself when I think about all the times I got stoked about the season. 2007 was along time ago but it was another team. I can't help but to wonder that perhaps it was not Romeos falt. Im just so pissed off right now.

http://www.ohiomm.com/blogs/mcmanamon/2009...out-by-packers/

–Someone posited to me that the Browns had no talent. I wonder who is responsible for that. Phil Savage, or Eric Mangini? It's Mangini who traded Kellen Winslow and Braylon Edwards,

–Yikes.

Hmm: What those "playmakers" did yesterday:

Kellen Winslow: 2 catches for 9 yards.

Braylon Edwards: 1 catch for 14 yards.

We lost 23 yards of offense yesterday. Yeah, I'd take that over 4 picks and what their overblown salaries could buy in the FA market.

I was at the game sunday. I feel like such a idiot for spending my money for that sorry excuse for a game. I was a Anderson supporter. I also wanted to see Quinn do awsome. I get sick to myself when I think about all the times I got stoked about the season. 2007 was along time ago but it was another team. I can't help but to wonder that perhaps it was not Romeos falt. Im just so pissed off right now.

Your definitely right it was not romeos fault i thought he was a very good coach however he has some problems with decisiveness and when you see him speak he doesn't seem like he was a impressive coach.

2007 was the works of Butch Davis and the drafts of his era i wish he was still our coach. Romeo had difficulty getting the team motivated in my opinion. However i am a student at UNC (Butch Davis is our coach) right now haha we haven't been looking so stellar this year either. The problem our team has is that our offense can't make plays. We have the best defense in the ACC by far and tons of explosive talent we just graduated a lot of our star recievers.... Nicks

The thing is were expecting instant change... I honestly believe that Mangini can produce a great team but he totally destroyed the team that was present in order to create HIS MANGINI Team which is ok but right now is just a difficult time for us. If he is indeed benching Quinn to save money honestly thats a good thing for the future of the franchise if Quinn really isn't the answer in Cleveland which I believe he can be but i Dont think Mangini will let him or want to build a team around Quinn. He will bring in his own quarter back who will fit his system hopefully next draft.

I agree with xh214. You post way too often about nothing and you obviously are a newbie Browns fan. Try to support all Browns players until you have ALL the information! We have ALL the information on Anderson and are waiting to get ALL the information on Quinn.(period) We have ALL the information on LUMS and on YOU!!! Goodbye!!!

I agree with xh214. You post way too often about nothing and you obviously are a newbie Browns fan. Try to support all Browns players until you have ALL the information! We have ALL the information on Anderson and are waiting to get ALL the information on Quinn.(period) We have ALL the information on LUMS and on YOU!!! Goodbye!!!

Im pretty sure you just said you want to suck off xh214. But whatever. You say im a new Browns fan? Look here you little biotch, I was at muni stadium a number of times. I was a Browns fan ever since I knew what a football was. And if you really want to see more of Quinn after what you already saw then you are a homo.

All the information? We all watch Quinn crap himself every time he touched the ball. How much information do you need?

Hey STUPID you don't know the first thing about me. Just because your in love with a player and think he is something great. In the real world we all saw Quinn play we all saw Quinn fail. What more do you want?

I think the problem is that we've all seen Anderson fail at the end of 2007 and thru most of 2008 and so far entirely in 2009 and we wonder how a coach can say that he's the best option when his QB rating for this year is 40.6. If he threw every pass in the dirt in front of him his QB rating would be 39.6. Quinn looked shitty in 2 1/2 games but that is just not enough time to say for sure that he is as bad as Anderson has looked this year.

Ratliff would be a better option than Anderson at this point since Anderson has had 36 starts in the NFL and isn't getting any better.

Ok smart a** what is my story? I have no story. i call it like i see it. Quinn sucks ass. Anderson is even worse. The 3rd string would be my pick. Oh wait I get it! your one of those guys that crank off thinking of Quinn

Pure and simple medicineman is a hater. His advice rings true of the 3rd. string mentality.

Archived