THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns outgained 1,003 to 336 in last two games

ATENEARS

Cleveland Browns are how bad? In last two games, they've been out-gained, 1,003 yards to 336

By Starting Blocks

October 28, 2009, 10:35AM

The Cleveland Browns are probably worse than their 1-6 record indicates.

In the Browns' last two games, the Pittsburgh Steelers and Green Bay Packers have combined for 1,003 yards gained against the Browns porous defense.

The Browns' inept offense has totaled 336 yards in the two games.

The Cleveland Browns have played 907 games, including playoffs, since they began as a franchise in the All-America Football Conference in 1946.

Never has the team had a worse two-game stretch in yardage differential. Pitrtsburgh and Green Bay outgained the Browns by a combined 667 yards. The Steelers are probably still baffled that they didn't defeat the Browns by more than the 27-14 final score on Oct. 18. Turnovers and other Pittsburgh mistakes prevented a rout. Last Sunday, Green Bay trounced the Browns, 31-3.

Prior to the last two games, the worst two-game yardage differential occurred - embarrassingly, to the current team - in the first two games played by the Browns' expansion team in 1999.

The night of Sept. 12, 1999, Pittsburgh laced the Browns, 43-0, out-gaining them, 464 yards to 40. A week later in Tennessee, the Titans coasted to a 26-9 win over the Browns, gaining 412 yards to Cleveland's 173.

Pittsburgh and Tennessee's combined 876 yards was 663 more than the Browns' 213 total in the two games.

Cleveland Browns are how bad? In last two games, they've been out-gained, 1,003 yards to 336

By Starting Blocks

October 28, 2009, 10:35AM

The Cleveland Browns are probably worse than their 1-6 record indicates.

In the Browns' last two games, the Pittsburgh Steelers and Green Bay Packers have combined for 1,003 yards gained against the Browns porous defense.

The Browns' inept offense has totaled 336 yards in the two games.

The Cleveland Browns have played 907 games, including playoffs, since they began as a franchise in the All-America Football Conference in 1946.

Never has the team had a worse two-game stretch in yardage differential. Pitrtsburgh and Green Bay outgained the Browns by a combined 667 yards. The Steelers are probably still baffled that they didn't defeat the Browns by more than the 27-14 final score on Oct. 18. Turnovers and other Pittsburgh mistakes prevented a rout. Last Sunday, Green Bay trounced the Browns, 31-3.

Prior to the last two games, the worst two-game yardage differential occurred - embarrassingly, to the current team - in the first two games played by the Browns' expansion team in 1999.

The night of Sept. 12, 1999, Pittsburgh laced the Browns, 43-0, out-gaining them, 464 yards to 40. A week later in Tennessee, the Titans coasted to a 26-9 win over the Browns, gaining 412 yards to Cleveland's 173.

Pittsburgh and Tennessee's combined 876 yards was 663 more than the Browns' 213 total in the two games.

I can understand the offense struggling with all the new guys, but not at the level it is.

The defense, however, has just completely fallen off the map after two decent games v. Buf and Cin. I mean, it is worse than the 1,000 yards indicates the past two weeks, those teams just drove on us at will whenever they need to the past two weeks.

I don't think our talent is that that bad, although our secondary is near the bottom of the league talent-wise probably. But something is not getting through between Mangini and Ryan to the players. I don't know if Mangini and Ryan are not on the same page, or if the players are just not reacting quick enough to their assignments ... but it is bad out there. Huge gaps. Big Ben and Rogers were smiling all day with what our defense was giving them.

Zombo

There is no way this is a trap gamed for the Bears, they are playing at home and pissed after getting mauled by the Bengals last week. If anything we'll probable set another record for sucktitude and make it a three game stretch that a team has given up more yards than anyone else in the NFL. About the only thing we can hope for to keep this one close is that 2/3 of the Bears team contract swine flu and are out for the game! If our D cant garner one sack against a rookie LT and a backup RT with the worst line in the NFL(packers)for giving up sacks, than this Bears line which is good will have a field day. This is one you may want to tune your radio in on and not your tv.

I dont see a win coming until the Lions game and even that game will be a hard fought challenge.

I can understand the offense struggling with all the new guys, but not at the level it is.

The defense, however, has just completely fallen off the map after two decent games v. Buf and Cin. I mean, it is worse than the 1,000 yards indicates the past two weeks, those teams just drove on us at will whenever they need to the past two weeks.

I don't think are talent is that that bad, although our secondary is near the bottom of the league talent-wise probably. But something is not getting through between Mangini and Ryan to the players. I don't know if Mangini and Ryan are not on the same page, or if the players are just not reacting quick enough to their assignments ... but it is bad out there. Huge gaps. Big Ben and Rogers were smiling all day with what our defense was giving them.

Zombo

It shows how huge Jackson is on this team and that we need to lock him up. We were in the Steelers game until he came out, then Ben threw the ball over the middle of the field all second half for huge gains. The following week vs Green Bay it was even more evident and we couldn't stop the run as well. Maiava shouldnt be playing we drafted Veikune to play, lets fawking see it! Id rather lose game with him getting some experience..

LOL, Stan, this is the 8th trap game of the season for Browns' opponents.

Only the terriffic Bills fell prey to the dreaded overconfidence syndrome.

I can't see the Browns keeping this game close. How can they, by going 2-17-23 again? Remember THAT was a winning performance.

If the Browns win anything it will be receiving the most black eyes and black and blue marks.

This team needs an attitude!

Remember the Jets last year?? Oh yea, they gave up even though they were in a playoff chase.

While i do not expect to win...i do expect more people to realize how solid (not great let me clarify) DQ Jackson is in the middle...since he left in the 2nd quarter in pitts (we held them scoreless in quarter 1) they have been rolled over...slants TEs etc...go look where the majority of the pasing damage has been done...UGLY.

Archived