THE BROWNS BOARD

Terrifying stat

samoth

Our offense has scored a total of FIVE touchdowns this year. Add in Josh Cribbs' return TDs and we have scored SEVEN touchdowns.

We are averaging ONE touchdown per game. Now take out Cribbs' two return TDs and Quinn's garbagetime TD against the Vikings, and we are averaging .57 TDs per game!!!!!!

Heard this stat on Hooley and Spielman 97.1. It's truly sickening.

BTW our runningbacks haven't scored yet, though DA did run one in against Cincy.

Well maybe Joe thomas and Alex mack can run the ball....This is what happens when you don't draft Offensive skill positions in the draft.... and this is what happens when you trade two probowl offensive(tongue in cheek) players at the skill position.

Well maybe Joe thomas and Alex mack can run the ball....This is what happens when you don't draft Offensive skill positions in the draft.... and this is what happens when you trade two probowl offensive(tongue in cheek) players at the skill position.

We just drafted two receivers in last years draft, but we refuse to throw the ball to one of them.

We just drafted two receivers in last years draft, but we refuse to throw the ball to one of them.

False. Robieski couldnt get open because oh green bays corners and the game before he was dropped a few. Muhammad Massaquia (however you spell it) has always had a problem catching when a CB is closing, even in college in the SEC games I saw him play in. Rookie jitters and they will get better, but its not us not throwing them the ball

He couldn't get open because of the play Daballz is running. Run Robieski and Furry over the middle, F*CK!

Good point! How many teams beat the crap out of us by running pick plays?

And we dont have one in the playbook, that is of what I have seen yet.

He couldn't get open because of the play Daballz is running. Run Robieski and Furry over the middle, F*CK!

So Daboll is responsible for bad "execution" of plays now? How does that work. gimme a break. execute the play.. block, run routes, get open..throw the ball to the right place.. Block, make a hole, hit the hole runningl.

It's not the plays.. it's the execution of the plays.. even the most simple of plays will work if properly executed.

Just like the qb the wr is only another part of the problems. We need sooo much that it is hard to put your finger on any 1 problem. It is hard to want to go to the games. I live a few hours away I go and usually im ready to leave at halftime because if I don't Ill get thrown out or taken to jail.

The folks at the OBR discovered that in 17 of 22 major statistical categories, the '99 expansion team was better than this year's Browns.

Ridiculous.

Well, I have been thinking lately we actually look worse this year than 1999. Those stats pretty much prove it.

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

Our last rushing touchdown by a RB: Nov 17, 2008 - Jerome Harrison

Our last receiving TD by a WR: Nov 2, 2008 - Braylon Edwards from Derek Anderson

The last multi-touchdown (passing) game from a QB - Nov. 6, 2008 Winslow from Quinn (2 TDs)

The last multi-touchdown (rushing) game from a RB - Nov. 4, 2007 Jamal Lewis (4 TDs)

Our last win over the Bengals: Sept. 28, 2008

Our last win over the Ravens: Nov. 18, 2007

Our last win over the Steelers: Oct. 5, 2003

Update:

Our last rushing touchdown by a RB: Nov 17, 2008 - Jerome Harrison

Our last receiving TD by a WR: Nov 2, 2008 - Braylon Edwards from Derek Anderson

The last multi-touchdown (passing) game from a QB - Nov. 6, 2008 Winslow from Quinn (2 TDs)

The last multi-touchdown (rushing) game from a RB - Nov. 4, 2007 Jamal Lewis (4 TDs)

Our last win over the Bengals: Sept. 28, 2008

Our last win over the Ravens: Nov. 18, 2007

Our last win over the Steelers: Oct. 5, 2003

It's beyond embarrassing. We are 4 points underdogs to Detroit who has a 2-32 record in their last 34 games!

And ... we get to play Cincy and Pittsburgh again and get embarrassed beyond belief.

All the great records and rivalries of the original Browns are being watered down and washed away by the Lerner Browns.

We have a team which virtually has no chance of scoring a touchdown when it lines up on offense. None.

I watched Red Right 88, The Drive, The Fumble, had my team taken away, and showed up positive every week for ten years supporting this weak, weak team that has replaced my beloved Browns ... but it's never felt as bad, or as hopeless as it does now ... I just don't see anything to build on, other than a good Left Tackle and a smattering of defensive players who will be past their prime by the time we get the ship righted.

To top it off, there seems to be no good will amongst this team. A guy like Josh Cribbs gives his all for this team every week and sacrifices his body and they have him playing five positions on a kick returners contract and now he suffers a serious injury. How does that play in the locker room? Nobody seems to like anybody, the coaches don't seem to like, or trust, Quinn. Guys like Steinbach and McDonald just mail it in.

I don't know what the solution is, but when they showed those Ozzie Newsome highlights last night and I saw those Kardiac Kids and Sipe lunging the ball down the field ... I saw a team I LOVED. Now I follow a franchise I love ... but a team I don't even like ... or can't even find anything to latch onto.

We have 5 offensive TDs in nine weeks ... none by a running back. Our QBs have a combined 3 TDs and 14 INTs ... BOTH our offense AND our Defense are ranked #32 in the league.

This is a team that won 10 games two years ago ... this is not an expansion team ... this is a joke.

Zombo

--and not a funny one.

Whenever they showed those kids in the crowd, dressed up in Browns makeup and rooting the team on, I wonder "how did their parents convince them to root for this team?" How long are those kids going to stick around and watch a bunch of losers shuffle all over the field for 60 minutes a week?

Whenever they showed those kids in the crowd, dressed up in Browns makeup and rooting the team on, I wonder "how did their parents convince them to root for this team?" How long are those kids going to stick around and watch a bunch of losers shuffle all over the field for 60 minutes a week?

They were saying the same thing in New Orleans a few years ago.

Archived