THE BROWNS BOARD

QUinn is J Garcia re-visited.

gmp

Well, heres the real deal...

I said it before and I'll say it again...B Quinn is another J Garcia...afraid to throw deep...say goodbye to B Edwards...He's not getting nothing deep anymore, Get used to roll-out after rollout, hence being too short to see downfield...get used to 8 yard dinks to Winslow and Lewis...yawn!!!...and get used to watching the threads on this board say what character he has, what promise he has, what potential he has,,,yawn!!!! but the bottom line is if DA has that same game on thursday night...this board kills him for it......if DA makes that throw to WInslow for the first down, and throws it as fast as QUinn did, this board is all over it......

They should have ran for the first and took the time-out...but that's another thread for the stupid coach..

DA had one , and a half seasons to prove that he couldnt hang, I would say by not even allowing Quinn the benefit of starting 2 games that you are jumping the gun here, unless this is your way of hanging on to "Anderception", also the absense of turn overs on the part of Quinn seems to set him apart from DA. I mean if we are going to compare the two based on one game.

Guest Masters

Just laughable, just laughable icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Especially the blasting part. DA came out and had a game like that (sort of), the Giants game, and this board was filled with praise on DA.

I agree that it is too early to judge BQ. EITHER way. And yes no turnovers is a great thing. But in the last 4 games DA had only one int I think. BQ played a good game. I want to see if he can play more consitant than DA and do it against a good defense. Just like I was happy about how DA played against terriable defenses I am happy about how BQ played. Lets see what he can do for the rest of the year. Lets see what he can do when teams force him to throw deep. Basically lets see what he can do.

And DA's game against the Giants was better than BQs game against the Broncos. It was against a real defense and the Browns won. But, it was one game and DA proved he can not be consitant. I want to see if BQ can prove he can.

Guest ATENEARS
...say goodbye to B Edwards...He's not getting nothing deep anymore...

I think the real problem with the above statement is Braylon himself. Most #1's can catch the ball all over the field and have moves to shake most all #1 CB's, getting seperation for runs after the catch.

Braylon is very limited, and when he does get seperation on a post or fly he drops a high percentage of well thrown balls.

If we have to say Goodbye to him or Quinn, it's Goodbye Braylon!

I said it before and I'll say it again...B Quinn is another J Garcia...afraid to throw deep...say goodbye to B Edwards...He's not getting nothing deep anymore, Get used to roll-out after rollout, hence being too short to see downfield...get used to 8 yard dinks to Winslow and Lewis...yawn!!!...and get used to watching the threads on this board say what character he has, what promise he has, what potential he has,,,yawn!!!! but the bottom line is if DA has that same game on thursday night...this board kills him for it......if DA makes that throw to WInslow for the first down, and throws it as fast as QUinn did, this board is all over it......

They should have ran for the first and took the time-out...but that's another thread for the stupid coach..

O NO!! Go jump off a bridge quick, we're all following right behind you.

So? And what if he is? Is this a bad thing??? If he can manage a game like Garcia, with an obviously better arm, I'd be ecstatic.

Jeff Garcia is one of only seven quarterbacks in NFL history that have achieved two consecutive (back-to-back) 30-touchdown passing seasons (2000 & 2001) at least one time in their career. The others are Steve Bartkowski, Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, Dan Fouts, Dan Marino, and Y.A. Tittle.

4x Pro Bowl selection (2000, 2001, 2002, 2007)

TD-INT 151-79

Passing yards 22,825

QB Rating 87.0

gimp, you prove yourself to be a fucking moron yet again.

Clearly though, Quinn has a long ways to go to be considered with the likes of Jeff Garcia.

I agree 100%. We would be lucky if Quinn is as good a QB as Garcia was in his prime.

First he has to break the Charlie Frye stereotype.

Get over it already and just hope for the best, man. Seriously. It'll up your football experience by leaps and bounds.

Guest Masters

*2007 alternate. Aren't we supposed to call those things out on here?

Clearly though, Quinn has a long ways to go to be considered with the likes of Jeff Garcia. First he has to break the Charlie Frye stereotype.

Now you are catching on. Of course he's got 3 where he wasn't icon_e_biggrin.gif

You mean the Frye stereo type only you have placed on him.

Frye stereotypes:

Frye wouldn't/coun't throw to the left - Quinn went that way 13 times out of 35 throws completing, completing 69% with a TD that way.

Frye could get sacked - Quinn did not get sacked

Frye fled the pocket constantly, even when no pressure there - Quinn stayed in the pocket, hung in the pocket delivering a TD pass while being hit, Brady moved within the pocket.

Frye never looked off safteys - Quinn looked off saftey (as shown in first hightlight/breakdown ESPN did after the game)

*2007 alternate. Aren't we supposed to call those things out on here?

Clearly though, Quinn has a long ways to go to be considered with the likes of Jeff Garcia. First he has to break the Charlie Frye stereotype.

No. You don't call that out for DARetard, so it shouldn't be called out for Garcia. The only one placing Quinn in Frye's category is you. Just because we haven't seen a quarterback with the intelligence to check down for a year and a half doesn't mean now that we have one he's a Frye clone.

Guest Masters
Just because we haven't seen a quarterback with the intelligence to check down for a year and a half doesn't mean now that we have one he's a Frye clone.

Especially when you don't know what the stereo types on Frye were or even watched a Browns game when he was the QB icon_lol.gif

Guest Masters

I missed the height knock in that thing.

Is 6'6" and having countless balls knocked down at the line really that great?

Oh, Elway, Montana, and Steve Young were 6'3 or slightly less. Guess they couldn't see down field because of their height either. (NO I AM NOT SAYING QUINN IS THE NEXT COMING OF ANY OF THOSE GUYS OR HAS LOOKED LIKE THEM YET)

hence being too short to see downfield.....

The guy is 6' 3". Too short my ass.

And yeah, Brady Quinn averaged 3500 yards and 35 TDs his last two years @ Notre Dame because he couldn't throw it deep.

icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Get a clue.

Agree. How many balls did Quinn get knocked down? ZERO.

And if DA had the exact same #'s as Quinn last Thursday (30 points, 104 rating, 2 TD's, 0 INT's, 5 straight scoring drives in a row, no frivolous TO's, etc.), only a Quinn fanboi could knock him.

Oops...missed another clown for my ignore list.

Corrected.

Archived