THE BROWNS BOARD

More Changes to Come

WPB Dawg Fan

Per the Brown's Notes on Yahoo RAC has hinted that more changes are to come. When asked what they were he said "I would classify them as a secret right now." He then said he wanted to tell the players his plans before revealing them to reporters.

Some of the moves the writer thinks may be in the offing are:

1. Wimbley moved around more - this is something some of us on this board have talked about...creating mismatches for Wimbley instead of always having him sit at ROLB.

2. Harrison utilized more - they mentioned that Harrison had his most touches in a game to date (6) vs Denver....and many of us are wondering why he isn't getting more due to the fact he is productive when in there and BQ's mobility negates his pass blocking issues to some extent. Besides, he plays a lot with the 2nd team so will have a report with BQ.

3. Beau Bell and/or Williams - more time for these two in place of Andra Davis was discussed. We need to see how they can do so we can see if we need another LB in the draft!!!

I would also like to see Sanders activated. He and BQ should have a good report as well...as they did well in pre-season together...and it may open things up for Stallworth and/or Edwards if BQ starts hitting the 3rd WR.

Harrison is a 3rd down, change of pace type back. He is not a starter, I don't know why you people don't get that. Yeah, he has looked pretty good, showing the same moves and acceleration he showed in college, but he is far from a bruiser which is what we need in an every down back.

Cribbs should be given the #2 WR spot, he deserves it. Put Stallworth i as your third receiver. If I could make the choices, I would actually give cribbs some touches as our RB. I am telling you Cribbs would excel at the running back position. His coach in college said had he played Cribbs @ RB he would have been a 1st day selection. He has thick legs and just explodes when he touches the ball. Just a thought.

Per the Brown's Notes on Yahoo RAC has hinted that more changes are to come. When asked what they were he said "I would classify them as a secret right now." He then said he wanted to tell the players his plans before revealing them to reporters.

1. Wimbley moved around more - this is something some of us on this board have talked about...creating mismatches for Wimbley instead of always having him sit at ROLB.

2. Harrison utilized more - they mentioned that Harrison had his most touches in a game to date (6) vs Denver....and many of us are wondering why he isn't getting more due to the fact he is productive when in there and BQ's mobility negates his pass blocking issues to some extent. Besides, he plays a lot with the 2nd team so will have a report with BQ.

3. Beau Bell and/or Williams - more time for these two in place of Andra Davis was discussed. We need to see how they can do so we can see if we need another LB in the draft!!!

I would also like to see Sanders activated. He and BQ should have a good report as well...as they did well in pre-season together...and it may open things up for Stallworth and/or Edwards if BQ starts hitting the 3rd WR.

Wimbley is one dimensional............moving him around is to make Savage's ego feel better while he finds time to blame another for yet another blunder

Guest Masters
Harrison is a 3rd down, change of pace type back. He is not a starter, I don't know why you people don't get that. Yeah, he has looked pretty good, showing the same moves and acceleration he showed in college, but he is far from a bruiser which is what we need in an every down back.

Cribbs should be given the #2 WR spot, he deserves it. Put Stallworth i as your third receiver. If I could make the choices, I would actually give cribbs some touches as our RB. I am telling you Cribbs would excel at the running back position. His coach in college said had he played Cribbs @ RB he would have been a 1st day selection. He has thick legs and just explodes when he touches the ball. Just a thought.

That was Harrison that pushed the pile on his 2nd and 1 at the end of the first quarter for a first down. Guys don't have to be a bruiser. Willie Parker ain't and that dude can play every down. Harrison should see more than just 3rd down and should be seeing 10-12 carries.

I'd sooner replace BE with Cribbs at this point than Stallworth. Cribbs isn't there as a route runner, and that will kill them in the base 2WR with Cribbs and Edwards running crappy routes.

Guest Masters

Wimbley is one dimensional............moving him around is to make Savage's ego feel better while he finds time to blame another for yet another blunder

Well he could have signed Peter Bouldware or taken Lawson......oh how we forget.

I don't by that Wimbley's lack of effectiveness is all him and not more with the coaching.

from canton Rep. "Crennel indicated lineup changes will be made, but the identity of players affected, he said, "is a secret."

Speculation centers on defense. The Browns allowed two late touchdowns to both Baltimore and Denver to squander leads.

Inside linebacker Andra Davis could be replaced by rookie Beau Bell. Davis is a captain who has been with the team since 2002, but his contract expires this year. Bell suffered a preseason knee injury but he has had plenty of time to recover from a knee scope.

Another point of discussion is whether 33-year-old Terry Cousin or young veteran Mike Adams is a better option at nickel back."

I 100% agree we should be playing Wimbley like we did Jamir Miller...as rover...Let let Beau play...love it...see what he has....mistakes be damned.

Also Harrison played as everydown back for Wash St. and was very very successful...so give him a freakin shot...tippy toes ain't getting it done like last year.

Either that, Or Savage hasn't told him which changes to make just yet... icon_eek.gif

You guys have it all wrong. RAC is simply going to change from the large deep dish pizza at Pizza hut to the extra large stuffed-crust.

Either that, Or Savage hasn't told him which changes to make just yet... icon_eek.gif

You guys have it all wrong. RAC is simply going to change from the large deep dish pizza at Pizza hut to the extra large stuffed-crust.

icon_lol.gif

Archived