THE BROWNS BOARD

49ers Hungry for some Anderception!!!

WPB Dawg Fan

At least the FANS are!!!

Leading Off: Anderson, Tebow would look good in 49ers uniform

By Bill Bradley

bbradley@sacbee.com

Published: Tuesday, Nov. 11, 2008 | Page 1C

As you lived through another 49ers loss, Monday night, it's easy to wonder about next season - and who will be quarterbacking them.

It's a good bet local hero J.T. O'Sullivan will be a backup at best. Shaun Hill, who played valiantly Monday night, won't fare much better.

Who might be the 49ers' next quarterback? The answer is either on the bench in Cleveland or playing in the Southeastern Conference.

The 49ers' message boards are hot with talk about the Browns' Derek Anderson, who was benched last week in favor of golden boy Brady Quinn. Anderson had a career year last season but has been the offense's scapegoat this season.

Florida's Tim Tebow and Georgia's Matt Stafford, both juniors, could leave college after this season. The 49ers aren't bad enough to get the No. 1 pick, and most projections have Stafford going to Detroit.

Tebow, though, has the arm, the feet and the smarts to succeed in Mike Martz's offensive system. Plus, he's projected to go around No. 10, so it wouldn't be a reach if the 49ers took him a few spots higher. The only caveat is if Martz is with the 49ers next year.

Either way, the 49ers will have to use a pick to upgrade at quarterback.

I know a lot of you think that DA has zero trade value...but keep in mind that the mainstream media (ESPN) has fed into the belief that DA was a scapegoat...and the further from his debacles we get...the more time for OC's and QB Coaches to convince themselves they can fix him.

I still think we can get a Schaub type deal at the minimum....if not a mid 1st type trade...and if the 49ers are desperate enough, maybe we package DA with Davis (or whatever) for their 1st rd pick.

Just sayin'....

You guys are delusional if you think any team is going to offer a 1st or 2nd round pick for DA. Just because ESPN has a bunch of hacks that don't know shit from shinola claiming DA is the scapegoat, doesn't mean the scouts and coaches for teams are buying into it. DA was a joke of a QB who put together one good half of a season against horrible teams with no tape on the guy. I will be jumping for joy if we can squeeze a 4th rounder out of DA. Why would anyone trade for him anyways, the Browns are cutting him at the end of the season right?

Why would anyone trade for him anyways, the Browns are cutting him at the end of the season right?

Quinn fan would hope so, but no, he won't get cut.

I wasn't able to find anything on DA on 49er boards. Most 49er fans actually seem as happy with Shaun Hill's losing effort as Brady's Ladies are about the loss to Denver.

Why would anyone trade for him anyways, the Browns are cutting him at the end of the season right?

I wasn't able to find anything on DA on 49er boards. Most 49er fans actually seem as happy with Shaun Hill's losing effort as Brady's Ladies are about the loss to Denver.

SO TRUE!!

I mean, I was much more content with a quarterback who was a .500 quarterback, with a 55% completion percentage, a 1.5-1 td-int ratio who had a ton of installed excuses for him and still threw games away.

Aren't you the guy who fought against all of the arguments that you are trying to use now?

This guy is just mad because he had to put his pink #14 Beaver jersey back in the closet next to his Philip Ricci and Gary Payton jerseys.

If I were a 49ers fan, I would be looking elsewhere. But Lumbergh would probably call them a bunch of "Montana Fags" anyway considering his hatred for ND QB's.

Guest Masters

Really? So you don't know how to use the computer you are using? If you can't use google or any other search engine, how the hell did you find this place?

http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard/sh ... ?p=1916557

All I had to do was search "49ers forums derek anderson" and it's the first thing.

Lums,

Do us all a favor and you and Atenears go and scout the 49ers board and don't come back until you've got something intelligent to say.

Well that takes care of that!!!

Lums,

Do us all a favor and you and Atenears go and scout the 49ers board and don't come back until you've got something intelligent to say.

Well that takes care of that!!!

Atenears owns this board, literally.

dumbshit.

And Modell owned the Browns. What are you still doing here?

I hope wherever Anderson goes (as long as its the NFC) that he kicks ass. He wasn't the right fit for the Browns, but there's got to be a team out there who can make use of his skills.

I hope wherever Anderson goes (as long as its the NFC) that he kicks ass. He wasn't the right fit for the Browns, but there's got to be a team out there who can make use of his skills.

Im telling ya, I believe Min is the place for DA. With there run strength it will be hard to take away the deep ball and effectivly stop Peterson, which is hard to do anyway.

Hey Lum, I realize you are a huge fan of DA ....however I don't understand why anyone would trade for him. And I would be happy to keep DA as a backup as long as his contract is renegotiated obviously. Thing is, I don't see DA renegotiating, I see him just waiting to get cut and playing the market. I am sure he feels he can get more than back-up money. Someone please tell me why a team would trade for him? (unless they feel they have a very good chance of restructuring the contract and keeping him off the market) Or maybe DA would agree to restructure with the Browns, in order to go somewhere and be a starter. (at least until they pull the plug on him and call it a season) I dunno, if I am DA I am hitting the market and seeing who might overpay for me.

You're right Lum. icon_e_smile.gif He'll be released. There is no way in hell the Browns will pay the $5 million roster bonus due to DA in March if he's not the starter.

Personnel types aren't high on Anderson, who is the same guy he was in college... and that led to being a sixth round pick. His fifteen minutes of fame ended about 16 starts ago. They say he can't get through his reads, locks in on one receiver, has zero mobility or pocket presence, and loses the strike zone really badly.

I think we MIGHT get a low 2nd or a high 3rd. No guarantee.

I doubt that. Usuually teams don't take a big risk on shitty quarterback who has shown flashes of promise until the fourth round, maybe late third. Thus I feel DA is worth maybe a fifth.

If something bad happens to Quinn, then you know a staph infection will follow. DA isn't going anywhere until Quinn makes it through the season or we find a capable back-up.

Can you imagine turning the team over to Dorsey next season if we had neither guy?

I wonder how opposed people would be to that scenario?(DA as our back-up) DA has got to know his weaknesses, if the guy restructures his deal to stick around and back up Quinn. It sounds like a win-win. Do you really think DA can hold a starting gig somewhere else? Whatever team that picks up DA is going to need a top ranked defense.

Archived