THE BROWNS BOARD

Winslow/real reason for infection?

hammertime

Ive read some stuff that states about 50% of all people carry it around all the time from exposure to it, it just pops up whenever it has the chance.

Here's what Wiki says...

About 20% of the population are long-term carriers of S. aureus.[1] S. aureus can cause a range of illnesses from minor skin infections, such as pimples, impetigo (may also be caused by Streptococcus pyogenes), boils, cellulitis folliculitis, furuncles, carbuncles, scalded skin syndrome and abscesses, to life-threatening diseases such as pneumonia, meningitis, osteomyelitis endocarditis, Toxic shock syndrome (TSS), and septicemia. Its incidence is from skin, soft tissue, respiratory, bone, joint, endovascular to wound infections. It is still one of the four most common causes of nosocomial infections, often causing postsurgical wound infections. Abbreviated to S. aureus or Staph aureus in medical literature, S. aureus should not be confused with the similarly named (and also medically relevant) species of the genus Streptococcus.

S. aureus was discovered in Aberdeen, Scotland in 1880 by the surgeon Sir Alexander Ogston in pus from surgical abscesses.[2] Each year some 500,000 patients in American hospitals contract a staphylococcal infection.[3]

WAA WAA!

So you have not heard anything? I'm actually worried about releasing the info because it could be traced back someone who told me.

Being an all knowing crowd here, yes i was fishing to see if the 'rumor' had leaked to the forums yet. I'll be sure to keep to the spoken truth from here on out!

hey vegas

you may be a great guy, i dont know you.

but with your almighty prowness of the forumworld realize that i attempted to prompt some answers to an issue without real answers-

I did not spout off anything(obviously)did not create anything and then stated the intent to only stick to the spoken truth. I'm here for the same reason as you- the browns

Archived