THE BROWNS BOARD

Who thinks country music and football should NEVER mix?

TheClevelandSound

Faith hill isnt bad, and i dont mind looking at her during the pregame song on Sunday nights, but country is just not a football genre. And that fat ugly guy on MNF who does the song before the games is just pitiful. Agree anyone?

You mean hank Jr's MNF theme shouldn't be? Blasphemy.

Lol you know rock came from country right

country=>rock=> 5000 off shoots including death metal

I dont actually like that band I posted.

i do like metal, just not garbage metal like that. And I never said i disrespected country in any way. I just dont like it. So dont try to tell me anything about music; it is my double major.

:lol:

Faith hill isnt bad, and i dont mind looking at her during the pregame song on Sunday nights, but country is just not a football genre. And that fat ugly guy on MNF who does the song before the games is just pitiful. Agree anyone?

I am not much of a country music fan..but I'll take Hank Jr. over Faith Hill butchering a Joan Jett remake every week..

I can't stand country music and never could but that being said I would rather Faith Hill or a number of other Country Hotties sing it than Hank JR or Rascall Flats (Big Ten Network coverage). One more reason to DVR games to be able to FF thru the garbage!

I can't stand country music and never could but that being said I would rather Faith Hill or a number of other Country Hotties sing it than Hank JR or Rascall Flats (Big Ten Network coverage). One more reason to DVR games to be able to FF thru the garbage!

I love country music and think it goes with everything.

For the record, I don't consider Rascall Flats country. A bunch of sissy boys who jumped the bandwagon.

I'm certain that the marketing people choose country music for some sort of fan-base-broadening reason.

I'm with the "could not possibly care less" crowd. Just play ball.

Now I AM a "Star Spangled Banner" snob. I cannot WAIT for the day when some nobody with a decent voice steps to the mike and says to the crowd. "Please join me in singing our National Anthem."

In my opinion, it shouldn't be "performed."

I have read that the fans in TN are about as loud and rowdy as any in the league.

Country music and football "go together like peas and carrots." I am a fan of all music, but country mixes very well with football. Rap, hip/hop, R&B, blues, jazz, pop...they would not work well. Rock would be okay, but country fits it best!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20v9Enadnq0 this is what goes well... just make a variation of this theme and im happy, no country please.

That fat ugly guy is Hank Jr. , A real mans man, something a spoiled rotten kid who's parents are putting through college would know nothing about. Sings about songs that real men are made of. Not some sissy faggot screaming about suicide and making love to his drummer. Grow some nuts before you start talking about Hank.

Now, now, there's no need to jump down people's throats.

imho, country music is the best.

I love to actually be able to know the words to the song, and have the words make sense.

Complete sentences are good.

Hey, if some of you all still want to rock all night long to "Jeremiah was a Bullfrog", I don't think that's wrong.

I just enjoy the story-telling, the verbal picture painting of emotions, joys and sorrows of life.

Besides, the screaming of epithets to the deafing roar of instruments just doesn't impress me.

And talking fast about killing somebody, doin drugs, or whatever the silly verbage is... to a giant, unnecessary beat

also doesn't impress me.

Not all country music is good. For the most part, it's generally the music I really enjoy.

Country music is the only music that makes me laugh.

So, don't mess with Texas, I love our Chevy 4 wheel drive truck with "mud on the tires", she thinks our tractor is sexy,

I like to check her for ticks, and the devil will go down to Georgia if you take Hank Williams Jr.'s "Are you ready for some football"

off the Monday night football intro.

Archived