THE BROWNS BOARD

Lerner is rumored to be looking at Erni Accorsi

Earl34

Yep, that's right, that's the way I understood it.

Is it just me or is it odd that with all the things spiraling out of control, they'd fire only the GM... especially when the Coach hired the GM and presumably had all the ultimate say... and furthermore why, after the trading deadline and in mid-season, would you fire the GM

What's that going to do at this point? The draft is long over, whether you're pleased that the Browns passed on Sanchez or not, there's nothing to be done about that now... and as far as other non-draft personnel moves, certainly one can make the case that talent has been let go and the handling of the QB situation has ensure that the Browns have TWO QBs who they've made sure no longer has any trade value ... but with that damage already done, aside from players who clear waivers, or who might be placed on waivers, what's the GM's actions going to do to affect this current season?

No doubt the next GM can get a head start looking ahead to the draft but as far as righting a ship that's floundering, I'm not clear on what impact firing the GM is going to have on their ability to beat the Ravens or any other team this season.

Accorsi is also responsible for drafting stars Osi Umenyiora, Chris Snee, Justin Tuck, William Joseph, Matthias Kiwanuka, and Brandon Jacobs, as well as signing through free agency Antonio Pierce, Kareem McKenzie, Plaxico Burress, and Fred Robbins. He hired current head coach Tom Coughlin after the 2003 season dismissal of Jim Fassel.

Accorsi is also responsible for drafting stars Osi Umenyiora, Chris Snee, Justin Tuck, William Joseph, Matthias Kiwanuka, and Brandon Jacobs, as well as signing through free agency Antonio Pierce, Kareem McKenzie, Plaxico Burress, and Fred Robbins. He hired current head coach Tom Coughlin after the 2003 season dismissal of Jim Fassel.

Man, I hope he brings Ahmad Bradshaw over from the Giants.

who says Ernie likes EM?

Ernie loved kokinis..and he is gone

Accorsi was Lerner's point man and adviser during the coaching search. Lerner even noted that he discussed hiring a coach before a GM with Accorsi. When the old man died the first place Randy went to seek advice was his mentor, the owner of the Giants and he became friends with Accorsi when he was still GM of the Giants. They have remained close ever since. Lerner has referred to him as a father figure, a person he can go to for solid advice about the NFL.

Do I know for sure that Accorsi recommended Mangini? NO, but he sure as hell was Lerner's adviser during the interview process. Supposedly Accorsi told Lerner to let Pioli walk because of his excessive demands.

If Accorsi isn't the man he will have a say in who Lerner picks.

Archived