THE BROWNS BOARD

Cross ex-Giants GM Ernie Accorsi

Mr. T

Cross ex-Giants GM Ernie Accorsi off the list of contenders to become the next leader of the Browns.

Accorsi told the Cleveland Plain Dealer he has no plans to join the team and is not advising team owner Randy Lerner right now.

"I am not taking any GM job anywhere. Period," Accorsi told the paper. "I am not taking any full-time job. I serve the league office as a consultant. I have consulted in various areas with four NFL clubs the past two years."

Accorsi advised Lerner when he was hiring head coach Eric Mangini and ex-GM George Kokinis, who left the team on Monday, in January. The Plain Dealer said Accorsi recommended Lerner hire Giants executive Dave Gettleman as GM. -- Sean Leahy

Article

Come on Randy show him the $$$$

This implies that Randy will spend all of 6 minutes on this decision...then hire Dave Gettleman

Don't bother doing a nationwide search, no need to interview anyone else,who cares what this

guys philosophies might be...Ernie Accorsi recommended him !

Only question Slo Lerner needs to ask

"How quick can you get here David?"

Well we can likely look forward to yet another bad choice from lerner...its already began by keeping mangini and daboll around in a season that is hopeless...whats next mangini as GM with daboll as coach and ryan fired?

He seems to get really bad advise from his advisers simply because that should be a decision made exclusively by a knowledgable owner which randy is not...hey randy..your money cant buy you everything buddy it most certainly cant buy you the skills you lack as an nfl owner...

Make ryan the HC and stop muzzling the dawg fans at the stadium you moron and watch what happens to your fanbase and team as it all pulls itself back together...i was told to sit down in 2005 and was almost booted for standing and barking...i have not returned to the stadium since..ironically i barked until hoarse in 2006 at riverfront stadium and never heard a peep even from bengal fans...itts part of why the browns culture is broken...

This implies that Randy will spend all of 6 minutes on this decision...then hire Dave Gettleman

Don't bother doing a nationwide search, no need to interview anyone else,who cares what this

That's an awesome nickname ... 'Slo Lerner'

I think we found the name for our Horse in the Night at the races fundraiser!

The Browns interviewed Gettleman back in January when they were doing their GM search. He spent HOURS interviewing, so I would think the Browns know all they need to know. The guy is good. According to various sources, he should have been named Giants GM.....

watching NFL Network and the Browns GM situation seems to be the heated topic of discussion, I dont know who the commentators were but all three of them said that the biggest problem on turning this team around and making it a winner lied on getting rid of Mangini first. They stated that No one qualified will take this job with Mangini as the head coach because yada yada yada. Then i left and went out for dinner.

Just an interesting take from those involved in football.

Anyone would be crazy to take this GM job "as is" but I think that getting rid of Kokinis is the first step in replacing Mangini.

Either that or they need to hire someone with a strong personality that can & will put Mangini in his place. That's why Mangini hand-picked Kokinis.... he knew he'd be running the show. Not for long.......

Archived