THE BROWNS BOARD

Can we get Parcels in here?

mastadave99999

ESPN sportscenter today said parcels spoke with Lerner about a possible consultant job.

That would be nice then our GM would have some real advice

As much as I would like this to be true, I seriously doubt it happened. I believe if it were true it would have been all over the football news media. :blink:

I dont think they have anything in place locking Parcells down.

He's the Executive Vice President of Football Operations for Miami. I no you cant talk to coaches and players under contract I'd imagine thats the same for front office people as well but not to sure. Either way he aint leaving beuitiful Miami for cold cloudy Cleveland

He's the Executive Vice President of Football Operations for Miami. I no you cant talk to coaches and players under contract I'd imagine thats the same for front office people as well but not to sure. Either way he aint leaving beuitiful Miami for cold cloudy Cleveland

I don't know how NFL job titles line up, but if it was a promotion, then the talks are kosher.

Team President is as high as it gets without being owner.

I could see Lerner giving the guy a 5% stake in the team and total control over operations from the football side.

Pacrells may not be able to run a billion dollar a year outfit from the financial perspective, but he could from a operational standpoint.

I don't know how NFL job titles line up, but if it was a promotion, then the talks are kosher.

Team President is as high as it gets without being owner.

I could see Lerner giving the guy a 5% stake in the team and total control over operations from the football side.

Pacrells may not be able to run a billion dollar a year outfit from the financial perspective, but he could from a operational standpoint.

I'm pretty sure Parcells secured a guarantee to his full contract whether he stays in Miami, leaves for another team, or retires.

Basically he told the Dolphins that he stays or goes on his own terms and gets all his money no matter what - or he was going to step down immediately.

So Parcells can do whatever he wants - the only question is whether Parcells feels a need to once again show - or take the risk of not showing - that he can take an organization as messed up as Cleveland and restore it to respectability.

Quite frankly, there is no bigger challenge in Football, and nothing that would be more pleasing to the Football Gods - and most true Football fans - to see the Browns returned to a team of respectability, if not greatness.

If this were 10 years ago there would be no question that Parcells would want to rise to the challenge and rescue this organization. And indeed 10 years ago there was still some question about Parcell's legacy. But now at age 68, having restored Miami following a 1-15 Season (in which they were actually a better team than the Browns are now) and having a good job in a smooth running organization in sunny Florida, I'd be surprised if Parcells has enough fire in the belly and incentive, as he's got nothing left to prove....

Saving Cleveland is some pretty good icing and would grant him his own wing in the Hall of Fame, but I just don't think Parcells feels a need he has anything to prove or take another rebuilding job. Too bad it wasn't offered to him even 5 years ago.

Yeah - Magnini and Parcells are tight. I think they once even shared an apartment when they were both NFL Interns.

No wait, that was Kokinis... he and Mangini were tight.

So what was your point agin?

That post about football gods almost brought you to respectable levels in my eyes, I thought "man, maybe he'll stop trolling and add something decent", but then you didnt let me down you were so close to the finish line and then barfed all over yourself and collapsed.

ESPN sportscenter today said parcels spoke with Lerner about a possible consultant job.

That would be nice then our GM would have some real advice

Not sure Parcells would consider Miami for anything else than retirement. Then he would live in Miami.

It is commonly known that Parcells is a big Thoroughbred fan and owns more than a few horses, himself. Miami, is the 'perfect' place for him - especially after his divorce a few years back and being in the Autumn years of his life.

Not sure Parcells would consider Miami for anything else than retirement. Then he would live in Miami.

It is commonly known that Parcells is a big Thoroughbred fan and owns more than a few horses, himself. Miami, is the 'perfect' place for him - especially after his divorce a few years back and being in the Autumn years of his life.

I am not big on the possibility of Parcells coming here as rumors are everywhere.

That said, to go along with the idea...It doesn't matter all that much where the guy works because he has enough money to live anywhere he wants. He can still do his horse thing....it's not like he is the guy shoveling up the stall floor or training the things.

If he still has a desire to take on a project, the location won't be a big factor.

If he still has a desire to take on a project, the location won't be a big factor.

I am not dead set against the idea or the question being posed to him.

BTW, Peen, he does have a project on his hands in Miami. The project AND the location probably played a big part in his decision.

But, yes, Lerner should pick up the phone - without tampering in any manner.

Bill could pick up the phone too - I am sure that somebody left in Berea would pick up the phone.

• 1 year later...

<!--quoteo(post=134562:date=Nov 4 2009, 08:01 PM:name=mastadave99999)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mastadave99999 @ Nov 4 2009, 08:01 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=134562"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->ESPN sportscenter today said parcels spoke with Lerner about a possible consultant job.

That would be nice then our GM would have some real advice<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Isn't that tampering?

No, as far as I know Parcells is a complete free agent.

But if Lerner is talking to Parcell, that has to get Holmgren pissed for sure.

Archived