THE BROWNS BOARD

Cleveland Browns' Kamerion Wimbley fined $7500 for roughing

Mr. T

Cleveland Browns' Kamerion Wimbley fined $7500 for roughing

By Mary Kay Cabot

November 04, 2009, 12:41PM

JOSHUA GUNTER / THE PLAIN DEALERBrowns linebacker Kamerion Wimbley says he was fined by the NFL for a hit on Bears quarterback Jay Cutler.BEREA, Ohio -- Browns linebacker Kamerion Wimbley said today that he was fined $7,500 by the NFL for a roughing the passer penalty last Sunday against Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler.

Wimbley's agent, Joe Linta, said he will appeal the fine. Wimbley said he had a fine reduced earlier in his career after appealing.

Wimbley made helmet-to-helmet contact with Cutler, knocking him down and forcing an incompletion to rookie receiver Johnny Knox. He was flagged 15 yards, which moved the Bears to their own 46. Eight plays later, running back Matt Forter scored on a 1-yard run.

Wimbley said the official told him he got a little too high on the hit, with his helmet striking the front of Cutler's.

Wimbley is the third Browns player to be fined for roughing this season, joining Corey Williams ($7,500) and David Bowens ($5,000).

Article HERE

They are ruining the NFL with these fines, why dont they just put a skirt on the quarterbacks.

Who remembers 1986?

We had Mack & Byner both had over 1,000 yards rushing that season.

But the most important stat was that every game we won we knocked the opposing teams QB out of the game that year.

Who remembers 1986?

We had Mack & Byner both had over 1,000 yards rushing that season.

But the most important stat was that every game we won we knocked the opposing teams QB out of the game that year.

Remember the Gastineau shot Kosar took in the playoff game that year?

LOL, the Turkey Jones spike of Bradshaw probably would have gotten him suspended for a year now, at least.

Welcome to the National Flag Football League. There's no chance his fine is appealed. He should be happy he only got fined $7,500. Incidental contact with the qb's helmet is usually $7,500, Inentional/major contonect is normally $15,000 and helemt-to-helmet usually is an automatic $25,000. Although, Goodell is never consistant and it saved Wimbley a few grand this time. Another plus for Wimbley is Goodell actually told him what he is getting fined for. Woodley once got fined $15,000 for a hit Goodell deemed too "intiminating" on the qb. Although, Woodley wasn't flagged for anything that game and no single play jumped out as the one that drew the fine. When Cambell (The qb he hit) was asked about what play think got Woodley the fine he said Woodley was just as intiminating as every other guy who sacks him. Woodley, Wimbley or whoever can tackle an 80 year old lady in the street and their fine and lawsuit for medical expenses won't total the fines Goodell gives them for doing their job.

I'd still rather see him make the hit then try to hold up and not make a tackle because he is afraid of being fined. If I'm the Browns I write Kam a $7500 dollar check and put it in an early Christmas card, and say keep em coming.

I'd still rather see him make the hit then try to hold up and not make a tackle because he is afraid of being fined. If I'm the Browns I write Kam a $7500 dollar check and put it in an early Christmas card, and say keep em coming.

Agreed.

Jack Lambert was right when he said "just put a skirt on 'em" [QB's]

I don't want him getting in the habit of letting up, either. Ten years ago that was good football. Cutler's a prick. Nobody's going to hold up on that guy.

I'd rather see him bend his waist a bit and hit him lower and break his ribs maybe. There is no excuse

for the helmet to chin hit.

Yeah, I thought that was a pretty surprising play. Kam know the rules, and there are obviously better ways to put the hurt on a QB. Rob Ryan obviously has some issues with Cutler, but I doubt he was telling them to cause a concussion-- this team is too uptight about penalties for that.

Archived