THE BROWNS BOARD

Visiting from Cleveland, England

Guest DebbieUK

Guest DebbieUK

I seemed to lose my thread when the website changed! Thanks for info re the Marriott, that sounds like a plan!

HowieDawg, yes we are from Cleveland England and my daughter's name is Brown hence she is an authentic Cleveland Brown! We are sooooo looking forward to the match.

Thanks for that Howie, I dunno what happened when the website changed but I had to re-register.

What on earth is a tailgate??? lol

:unsure:

Come to one, you'll find out. :) It's a quaint tradition we have over here in the States. Before the game there's a cook out of food in one of the parking lots around the stadium and we have a few (or more than a few) adult beverages. Part of the reason being the price of beer inside the stadium is pretty exorbitant.

Hopefully Stan the administrator here can get the Tailgate Page back up and running so you can see pictures of what goes on at one.

Guest Guest_sisky fringo_*
Thanks for that Howie, I dunno what happened when the website changed but I had to re-register.

:unsure:

Guest Guest_sisky fringo_*

what the ?!??!? i recommend logging in, this guest feature kinda sux.

anyway Debbie you're in for a treat!! they're GREAT, especially when used as a mixer!! you can make friends fast and have a great time without even trying. i wouldn't derfine the one's i've been to as quaint, but however you want to define it they are definitely a "social experiment" that's not to be missed!!

:lol:

Click here http://thebrownsboard.com/tailgate.htm and you will find out all about tailgating BrownsBoard style!! I don't know if the gang that run the tailgates will be doing one for your game but I am sure they will let you know on this site. There is a tailgate party section at the main board index, check in on it nearer your trip. My trip is only a week away now and I can't wait. The guys from this board are amazingly good sports and organise a BBQ party at a nearby parking lot for some regulars on this board and lots of out of towners too, like us! check out the page here

Guest ATENEARS

:lol:

Sorry about your original registration. You were one of the few who registered within a small window between the transfering of data to here and your registration didn't make the move. "It missed the bus" lol

Our Tailgate Party would be perfect for you. I believe you said that you were going to need dropped off somewhere anyhow? And we will be partying from 8:30am til shortly after noon. Our TAILGATE PARTY PAGE illustrates pictures from our past Tailgate 'Parties', we even have a QUESTION & ANSWER PAGE that will probably shed some more light on what we do. A Tailgate Party is nothing more than fans gathering together in the parking lots to consume beverages and grill great food and establish camraderie prior to the games. It allows you to get to the game hours early (we start around or before 9:00am), settle in, and party with friends before walking to the game together. We even have a TAILGATE MAP to our location, but if you need any further help please feel free to e-mail Ed or Stan (their e-mails are on the tailgate page).

Many times since 1999, the Tailgate Party was the highlight of the day, with the game secondary.

See you there!

Stan

You will have a crazy time with these guys, had privelege for couple years now of their company when over, and always a blast even if have bad hangover the next day, that will teach me for bringing bottles of whisky over with me, but hey what the hell all worth it

You will have a crazy time with these guys, had privelege for couple years now of their company when over, and always a blast even if have bad hangover the next day, that will teach me for bringing bottles of whisky over with me, but hey what the hell all worth it

lol - you are all so kind, I am sure we will have a ball. We will defo try to make the Tailgate party (I have now researched what that means - thanks for the links etc) - Us Brits do like a canny few drinks before, during and after the game, it has to be said, ha ha.

So looooking forward to the whole event! See you all there.....

Archived