THE BROWNS BOARD

What are the odds

spisatus

Just wondering, what you do you guys think the odds are that Mangini starts BQ aqainst the Ravens, allows him to get destroyed again by a great defense and then uses the game to bench him the rest of the season. This would allow DA a chance to look great against Detroit so they could say we told you so. I'm not supporting BQ, I just don't have enough information on him. He's been up against only the top defenses in the league this year, would love to see him in Detroit to see how things ago.

Thoughts?

Sounds about like mangini to me...he is so intelligent and we are to stupid that in his mind we could never figure it out..as long as we lose every game this season and mangini/daboll losess their jobs is all that matters to me...if mr intelligence keeps quinn out it greatly increases our chance of losing..bq would likely get moving the ball after a few games..

Just wondering, what you do you guys think the odds are that Mangini starts BQ aqainst the Ravens, allows him to get destroyed again by a great defense and then uses the game to bench him the rest of the season. This would allow DA a chance to look great against Detroit so they could say we told you so. I'm not supporting BQ, I just don't have enough information on him. He's been up against only the top defenses in the league this year, would love to see him in Detroit to see how things ago.

Thoughts?

Only one flaw in that logic. Anderson has regressed so far, I doubt he'd look good playing against U-M, much less the Lions.

The Ravens are good, but not that good. Palmer & Benson had very respectable games against the Ratbirds.

OTOH, how bad can the Browns be? Dem Bears that destroyed the Browns just got their butts kicked by Arizona. I really wonder how many more blowout losses Randy will be able to tolerate before he gives Mangini the ax.

I think he meant BQ in against the Lions.....at that point the snap totals become a problem for Quinn unless we really light up the board the final 7 games, so I would say Quinn gets in....maybe even after halftime against the Ravens.

I'd think Mangini would want to protect what trade potential Quinn might have left. The reason I think he may start Anderson and then bring Quinn in and let Quinn play against the lower ranked defenses to close out the season.

Everybody knows that Anderson's value is zero but they can still get something for Quinn. Personally, I don't think either will be around next year. That's where the new football decision makers will want to start in rebuilding the team. So, it doesn't make sense to ruin what trade value Quinn still might have.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...mangini_19.html

BEREA, Ohio -- Cleveland Browns coach Eric Mangini said today that he'll wait until Wednesday to announce his decision on a starting quarterback for the Ravens game next Monday night.

"I know where I'm headed, but we'll talk about that on Wednesday,'' he said. "I haven't talked to the quarterbacks about it yet, so that's part of it.'

Derek Anderson is last in the NFL with a 36.2 rating and has thrown only two touchdown passes against nine interceptions and could be replaced by Brady Quinn.

Quinn was pulled at halftime of the Ravens game in Week 3. In 2 1/2 games, he had thrown one TD pass and three interceptions for a 62.1 rating. One of the things that got him benched in the first place was converting only 6-of-30 third down attempts. But third down has been just as ineffective in his absence.

Mangini said the emphasis will be on protecting the football. The Browns are minus-11 in turnover differential.

Just wondering, what you do you guys think the odds are that Mangini starts BQ aqainst the Ravens, allows him to get destroyed again by a great defense and then uses the game to bench him the rest of the season. This would allow DA a chance to look great against Detroit so they could say we told you so. I'm not supporting BQ, I just don't have enough information on him. He's been up against only the top defenses in the league this year, would love to see him in Detroit to see how things ago. Thoughts?

Knock it off. This is the N (bleeping) FL.

Going into this season, I was kind of hoping that DA would light it up. At this point, Mangini has be a complete asp if he even considers playing DA next week or for the remainder of the season.

Play Quinn. See what happens. What is there to lose.

I could say the same thing about Ratliff but there is a lot more at stake with Quinn.

Play him!!!!!!!!!!

The starter (and it would seem to be Quinn) will finish the game unless injured. As much as Mangini continues to amaze me with his decision I can't believe he would pull the same stunt again. DA showed nothing when he started the 2nd half and has showed little since. If he indeed does it that way I wouldn't be the least bit suprised if he's canned that night. :unsure:

Archived