THE BROWNS BOARD

Larry Johnson: Chiefs' losing led to his bad behavior

Mr. T

Larry Johnson tried to counter the abuse his reputation has taken in recent weeks after a series of missteps that ended in the Chiefs releasing him on Monday.

On Tuesday, Johnson appeared on Dan Patrick's radio show and said he can still play in the NFL at a high level and his comments belittling head coach Todd Haley two weeks ago were taken out of context.

"I was the biggest Todd Haley fan," Johnson told Patrick, despite tweets two weeks ago in which he mentioned Haley's lack of professional playing experience.

His tweets, Johnson claimed, were not intended to be taken as singular comments but as part of a bigger conversation.

"You completely lose yourself and you make a mistake," Johnson said of his posts on Twitter. One day after his tweets, Johnson used gay slurs with reporters in the Chiefs locker room and was subsequently suspended for conduct detrimental to the team.

Johnson blamed his inappropriate conduct on his anger with the Chiefs' poor on-field performance. The 1-7 Chiefs have won just three of their past 33 games.

"If anybody likes losing, they shouldn't be playing this game," Johnson told Patrick. "It left a bad taste in my mouth every game we were losing... You just felt like you were useless. ... If I was frustrated and upset, it was mainly for myself."

Several teams have refused to rule out the potential for acquiring Johnson. The seven-year veteran said he hopes to be out contributing soon.

"I still feel like I can play this game at a high level," he said. -- Sean Leahy

article

Part of KC's problem in running the ball is due to the fact they have one of the worst O-Line in the league.

We should grab him for the rest of the season and he can replace Slowman Lewis.

But the PC babies probably wouldn't like that.

Part of KC's problem in running the ball is due to the fact they have one of the worst O-Line in the league.

We should grab him for the rest of the season and he can replace Slowman Lewis.

But the PC babies probably wouldn't like that.

Ahaha yes having an unfavorable opinion about someone who beats women is "PC"

Jesus Christ.

But yeah I could really care less about off-the-field behavior at this point, the browns are so bad that i'll take vick, johnson, whoever. Maybe OJ is looking to come out of retirement?

EDIT:

I wouldn't like it because he's another over-the-hill past-his-prime runner with no bearing on the future of this team. Give these young guys some reps, for chrissakes.

also this

Ahaha yes having an unfavorable opinion about someone who beats women is "PC"

Jesus Christ.

But yeah I could really care less about off-the-field behavior at this point, the browns are so bad that i'll take vick, johnson, whoever. Maybe OJ is looking to come out of retirement?

EDIT:

also this

Maybe he should of bitch slapped you to. Its business and if he can run the ball give him a shot.

i agree with T, We know for sure that JL is retiring at the end of this season. We better get a big back soon cos come next season we gonna have 11 more draftees and I doubt if there will be any decent RB available in free agency. If Jerrome Harrison has not seen so much action so far, what makes u guys think that he will be our main back next season too ? I think Larry has 2 years of decent service and our O line is better than the Cheifs. Give him a shot. If he fails cut him ! It is not like we are gonna marry him are we ?

i agree with T, We know for sure that JL is retiring at the end of this season. We better get a big back soon cos come next season we gonna have 11 more draftees and I doubt if there will be any decent RB available in free agency. If Jerrome Harrison has not seen so much action so far, what makes u guys think that he will be our main back next season too ? I think Larry has 2 years of decent service and our O line is better than the Cheifs. Give him a shot. If he fails cut him ! It is not like we are gonna marry him are we ?

Thanks, someone understands the game and dosn'y get all caught up emotionally into a player. a couple of years back everyone was saying the same shit about Randy Moss, and know they wish we had made a deal for him.

OTA baby! only the Able!

Thanks, someone understands the game and dosn'y get all caught up emotionally into a player. a couple of years back everyone was saying the same shit about Randy Moss, and know they wish we had made a deal for him.

OTA baby! only the Able!

Yeah but remember that Moss went to the Patriots. LJ will not wanna come here at this moment.

There was only one Corey Dillon.

Otherwise, I'd say that a "bad attitude" since entering the league led to his "bad behavior". On the show, he commented how he "forgot" the context in which he was tweeting. Dude, why even tweet? It's like drinking and dialing your ex-girlfriend. Just put the damn phone down.

No way I'd want this dude even if he does want to be a Brown.

Archived