THE BROWNS BOARD

Mangini's last days....

lodilobo

While I personally would prefer to keep Mangini as HC for at least a couple years to get some sort of stability in this team, I don't think it's going to happen. Lewis is recognized and respected by the media and the other players, and as they say...he leads by example. Well...he's leading a mutiny against Mangini, and maybe all the players will not follow, probably a lot of them will. With the media....national and local...blasting Mangini since he took the job, and now his own players piling on, you can pretty much bet he will be gone after the end of the season or sooner. It's too bad, really.....while none of us care for his antics, like the musical qb thing, he may have been a decent coach. He really never had a chance......the local media loves to get the fans in a frenzy to start the ball rolling to fire the coach....usually about a week after he is hired. That's just what they do.....at least that's how I see it. I'm no big Mangini fan.....in fact, I have to wonder if he even has a plan at this point, but I would like to see a HC come in here, and maybe stay a while, for a change.

While I personally would prefer to keep Mangini as HC for at least a couple years to get some sort of stability in this team, I don't think it's going to happen. Lewis is recognized and respected by the media and the other players, and as they say...he leads by example. Well...he's leading a mutiny against Mangini, and maybe all the players will not follow, probably a lot of them will. With the media....national and local...blasting Mangini since he took the job, and now his own players piling on, you can pretty much bet he will be gone after the end of the season or sooner. It's too bad, really.....while none of us care for his antics, like the musical qb thing, he may have been a decent coach. He really never had a chance......the local media loves to get the fans in a frenzy to start the ball rolling to fire the coach....usually about a week after he is hired. That's just what they do.....at least that's how I see it. I'm no big Mangini fan.....in fact, I have to wonder if he even has a plan at this point, but I would like to see a HC come in here, and maybe stay a while, for a change.

Players need to realize that, in a situation like this one, they too are being judged. Is "player mutiny" something new to the Browns? Weren't we talking about this last year? Players giving up? While Mangini may go (for good reason or not...) you have to seriously wonder about a team that mutinies on every coach and the owner that's willing to listen to them. They're playing for jobs next year just as much as the coaching staff is. My personal feeling is that Mangini would have cut far more than 24 guys if logistics would have allowed because this has been a "country club" team for a while and the chemistry has been toxic.

This formula had two of three winning seasons with the Jets. When they're winning, they love it. When they're losing, they're tired of it.

Right now, Jamal Lewis just sounds like an angry man. His complaints would have far more credibility with me if they weren't coming off of a bye week. That's like coming back from vacation saying you're overworked.

While i agree completely that we desperately need lasting stability..the fact is mangini is not the kind of guy to bring the locker room and fan bliss that has to accompany genuine stability...trading true stability for the appearance of stability is not the answer and neither is mangini...

The players secret is they dont like mangini,many of the capable active jets players didnt like mangini and many fans of both the jets and browns totally disapprove and are weary of his untrustworthy judgements ,statements and decisions..this guy doesnt even live by the code nor philosophies he expects everyone else to follow...he feeds everyone poison tainted koolaid says he is drinking it himself but switches the glass when nobody is looking..

You cant even begin to stabilize a team with a cutthroat like mangini...lerner screwed up yet again and many of us(myself included) endorsed his mistake and a bad mistake it was..maybe this time around randy will have lerned a lesson and will get it right..but part of getting it right is getting rid of mangini...but lerner will likely let the new GM decide mangini's fate...unfortunately not until after the season..

Lewis is finished now and he is a respected leader and unlike his teammates he no longer fears stepping over mangini's line to talk about a few of this regimes errors and wrongs..i admire him as his teammates do for speaking out in their silenced behalfs..if some folks dont think the browns have enough talent to win they are wrong..its all on mangini for not being creative and daboll for not building around the offense around the teams core players but instead trying to force a patriots look without the right personel...horrible regime..

While i agree completely that we desperately need lasting stability..the fact is mangini is not the kind of guy to bring the locker room and fan bliss that has to accompany genuine stability...trading true stability for the appearance of stability is not the answer and neither is mangini...

The players secret is they dont like mangini,many of the capable active jets players didnt like mangini and many fans of both the jets and browns totally disapprove and are weary of his untrustworthy judgements ,statements and decisions..this guy doesnt even live by the code nor philosophies he expects everyone else to follow...he feeds everyone poison tainted koolaid says he is drinking it himself but switches the glass when nobody is looking..

You cant even begin to stabilize a team with a cutthroat like mangini...lerner screwed up yet again and many of us(myself included) endorsed his mistake and a bad mistake it was..maybe this time around randy will have lerned a lesson and will get it right..but part of getting it right is getting rid of mangini...but lerner will likely let the new GM decide mangini's fate...unfortunately after the season..

How do you know that the "capable active jets" players didn't like Mangini? You're not convincing me here.

On NFL Radio this morning Carl Banks said that there is "no doubt in [his] mind that Eric Mangini knows what he's doing" and that this is not an issue of coaching but one of "communication". Bob Papa went on to cite Mangini's record on picking the "right" players which is very good and both cautioned the Cleveland caller about just axing the coach. He's not the one who went 4-12 last year. Most of these players are.

I just don't understand the Lerners. They have not managed to get the President/GM/Head Coach formula right in over a F'n decade. They gone from gloss, to rookies, to unproven commodities and everything in between - it's like playing darts with a blind fold. The Mangini experiment is over and it should never have started in the first place. Mangini working under a hands-on, reputable GM might have worked. Mangini picking the GM? Are you kidding me? That's no way to build an organization.

Please Mr. Lerner, go back to the drawing board and do this right with a team of individuals who agree on the criteria before the selection process begins. Select from the top down. Accept nothing less than the best - proven individuals with a track record of success, tremendous talent, impeccable character, and a hunger for continued success. Accept nothing less. If that means the position is temporarily filled by a retired individual - so be it. A "bad hire" is far worse than "no hire". Stop writing checks to the wrong people!

The product on the field is a reflection of the organization.

Lewis is finished now and he is a respected leader and unlike his teammates he no longer fears stepping over mangini's line to talk about a few of this regimes errors and wrongs..i admire him as his teammates do for speaking out in their silenced behalfs..if some folks dont think the browns have enough talent to win they are wrong..its all on mangini for not being creative and daboll for not building around the offense around the teams core players but instead trying to force a patriots look without the right personel...horrible regime..

Ummm - looks like Lewis' teammates aren't so silent... or have any fear about showing they support Lewis and his comments about Mangini.

None of this should be a surprise. What fines or suspensions did Lewis face for his conduct detrimental to the team? I'd bet that the players chanting "J-Lew" as reporters were asking Lewis about whether he agrees with Mangini that the locker room is divided won't face any fines or suspension themselves.

Given Mangini's response to Lewis - or lack thereof - no one should be surprised by their actions and vocal support for Lewis.

Ummm - looks like Lewis' teammates aren't so silent... or have any fear about showing they support Lewis and his comments about Mangini.

None of this should be a surprise. What fines or suspensions did Lewis face for his conduct detrimental to the team? I'd bet that the players chanting "J-Lew" as reporters were asking Lewis about whether he agrees with Mangini that the locker room is divided won't face any fines or suspension themselves.

Given Mangini's response to Lewis - or lack thereof - no one should be surprised by their actions and vocal support for Lewis.

I can think of another Browns forum that is about as one sided and as annoying as you are in your thoughts, instead of annoying us you can go there and be a god, and get you a$$hole licked. JMO

Players need to realize that, in a situation like this one, they too are being judged. Is "player mutiny" something new to the Browns? Weren't we talking about this last year? Players giving up? While Mangini may go (for good reason or not...) you have to seriously wonder about a team that mutinies on every coach and the owner that's willing to listen to them. They're playing for jobs next year just as much as the coaching staff is. My personal feeling is that Mangini would have cut far more than 24 guys if logistics would have allowed because this has been a "country club" team for a while and the chemistry has been toxic.

This formula had two of three winning seasons with the Jets. When they're winning, they love it. When they're losing, they're tired of it.

Right now, Jamal Lewis just sounds like an angry man. His complaints would have far more credibility with me if they weren't coming off of a bye week. That's like coming back from vacation saying you're overworked.

well said, could not agree more!

Archived