THE BROWNS BOARD

Rebuilding since 1964

Mr. T

Rebuilding since 1964

This has been my biggest fear, that it was going to get worse before it is to get better. Well I hate to say it but so far we have been fortunate that it has not been any worse than this. Because we could have been completely blown out on Monday night if it wasn’t ‘ from great defensive play it would have been ugly before halftime. This young LB Maiawa looks like a good pickup he made some good tackles off of the edge. While Bowen moved inside and disrupted a lot of what Baltimore wanted to run on offense. It was nice to have a veteran player step up to the challenge and keeping our defense in the game.

But what I am going to say may upset some on here, we all have our favorite players but you need to know that we are not going to start winning with these guys we will have almost a complete new roster within the next year or two and that means some players will have to go.

don't be surprised that some of our stars that we have now are gone next year. We will have to do this just to change the loser mentality that has been instilled into some of these guys. We will have to get guys who know how to win and rise above all conflict.

I hope that we don't give in to over hyped players in the draft because they are great track stars and have a good combine but we look at things like good instincts for the game itself and guys who are coachable.

But as it stands we will not win this crew. And especially with anybody that we have at the QB WR OL & RB positions

Hell it’s the whole offense excluding the C, LG & LT.

Rebuilding since 1964

This has been my biggest fear, that it was going to get worse before it is to get better. Well I hate to say it but so far we have been fortunate that it has not been any worse than this. Because we could have been completely blown out on Monday night if it wasn’t ‘ from great defensive play it would have been ugly before halftime. This young LB Maiawa looks like a good pickup he made some good tackles off of the edge. While Bowen moved inside and disrupted a lot of what Baltimore wanted to run on offense. It was nice to have a veteran player step up to the challenge and keeping our defense in the game.

But what I am going to say may upset some on here, we all have our favorite players but you need to know that we are not going to start winning with these guys we will have almost a complete new roster within the next year or two and that means some players will have to go.

don't be surprised that some of our stars that we have now are gone next year. We will have to do this just to change the loser mentality that has been instilled into some of these guys. We will have to get guys who know how to win and rise above all conflict.

I hope that we don't give in to over hyped players in the draft because they are great track stars and have a good combine but we look at things like good instincts for the game itself and guys who are coachable.

But as it stands we will not win this crew. And especially with anybody that we have at the QB WR OL & RB positions

Hell it’s the whole offense excluding the C, LG & LT.

Worse? Well, we could have lost that game to the Bills and ended up 0-16 I guess. Nah, this is arguably the worst Browns team in history.

We lose to the Lions on Sunday, Mangini may as well start cleaning out his office.

Worse? Well, we could have lost that game to the Bills and ended up 0-16 I guess. Nah, this is arguably the worst Browns team in history.

We lose to the Lions on Sunday, Mangini may as well start cleaning out his office.

We will. We always lose to the Lions...they hold a BIG edge in the all time match-up.

this week will actually be a good gauge of how quinn's career will pan out: seriously. if he comes out and lights up the place then we know he can at least do something right: even if it is against a horrible team. if he comes out and completely stinks, then we know that he won't be able to work efficiently in this league: at least not yet.

this week will actually be a good gauge of how quinn's career will pan out: seriously. if he comes out and lights up the place then we know he can at least do something right: even if it is against a horrible team. if he comes out and completely stinks, then we know that he won't be able to work efficiently in this league: at least not yet.

Nothing will change CFL until Daboll is fired.

It will be hard to gauge how quinn's career will be with dabolls playbook slants screens then the occaisional tippytoes up the middle.

Where are the post/skinnypost patterns the fly patterns are there any crossing routes? in the passing game. How can the ratbirds rush 3 down lineman and break through almost on every play?

And where is the accuracy on passes? Sometimes its there and then it disappears, after being tossed around.

We will. We always lose to the Lions...they hold a BIG edge in the all time match-up.

Tell me about that 'Peen. BTW, I suggest everyone put heavy money on the Lions to cover- I'll be at the game with my wife AKA "The Curse" in tow for a college reunion.

FWIW, the wife has seen the Browns win exactly twice in the last 23 years, and I've lost count how many games she's been at with me.

You see, the Curse started back in 1986 at the Browns Jets double overtime victory- the wifie prayed, "God if you let the Browns win this game, I don't care if I ever see the Browns win another one." God took her up on it. It wasn't till two years ago that she saw the Browns win another game in person- against the Jets. However I'm counting that as a fluke, because she's about 0 fer five since. BTW, she's 0 fer three in Detroit.

OTOH, this could be a "trap" game for the Lions, as they look forward to their "Super Bowl" the Thanksgiving Day game. :)

If the Browns come out and handle the Lions, does that change anything? Lions aren't any better than we are. I don't know if that will shut anybody up.

I think that when your losing is prolonged, you have to at some point learn how to let it go, right yourself and start moving forward. I'm not saying I have a blueprint but I liken it to near-drowning. When you drown, the first thing that you sense is panic. Panic makes you make poor decisions and swim inefficiently. To save yourself, you have to right yourself somehow and overcome that panic. I nearly drowned in the sea when I was 19. I was a strong swimmer. I will tell you, I've never panicked like that before or since.

This team has been building since 1999. The 1964 isn't the same team (sorry). What's the record since 1999 vs. the Lions?

Archived