THE BROWNS BOARD

Beg, Borrow or Steal a QB...PLEASE!!!!

gmp

After that pathetic excuse for a football game last night...this team's first priority is the QB...

buy one, trade for one, kid-nap one, hijack one, steal one...whatever....it starts there...Brady QUinn had his chance to at least show some promise over the games he was starting...he is a joke..a friggin joke....and looks totally lost and like he never played a game before???... has no pocket presence, can't feel pressure and takes a dive instead of trying to keep a play alive......on the Raven 3 man rush sack...Quinn didn't step up into the pocket...which was wide open to throw from...he just takes his drop and stays there...only to get destroyed..play after play........this experiment is now over and done with....

TAKE QB in the draft, trade for one, buy one...whatever they need to do to get one....get it...this has gone far beyond repair at the QB slot for this team...

followed by a wide out...and a back....go from there........an offensive coordinator is also a must...Mangini, must remain just a figure head..and that it...He STINKS!!

The jokes and laughs were rampant on the Browns last night and the fans of this team deserve much better..

After that pathetic excuse for a football game last night...this team's first priority is the QB...

buy one, trade for one, kid-nap one, hijack one, steal one...whatever....it starts there...Brady QUinn had his chance to at least show some promise over the games he was starting...he is a joke..a friggin joke....and looks totally lost and like he never played a game before???... has no pocket presence, can't feel pressure and takes a dive instead of trying to keep a play alive......on the Raven 3 man rush sack...Quinn didn't step up into the pocket...which was wide open to throw from...he just takes his drop and stays there...only to get destroyed..play after play........this experiment is now over and done with....

TAKE QB in the draft, trade for one, buy one...whatever they need to do to get one....get it...this has gone far beyond repair at the QB slot for this team...

followed by a wide out...and a back....go from there........an offensive coordinator is also a must...Mangini, must remain just a figure head..and that it...He STINKS!!

The jokes and laughs were rampant on the Browns last night and the fans of this team deserve much better..

Sorry gmp. If the defense knows the plays you are going to run it's hard to check down to ANY receiver, no matter how much of a pocket or how much time you have. This is Dabolls fault.

To think about it, where you watching the same game I was? There was no pocket? WTF?

The play calling sucks, and they need to get it through their heads that the running game is the first building block and its where you need to start. Without it, you can't do anything else. And without it, you can't groom any QB let alone a young receiver core. We need to establish it and fix it first. If we draft another QB, it's going to be a mess..

Brady Quinn is not an first line NFL QB..I'm sorry, I desparately want the kid to play well.

I've seen enough, he doesn't have it..its sad be he just doesn't.

You've seen enough of the shitty offense. When they get in a competent coordinator he will be better, serviceable QB.

So we should be happy with "serviceable". I see your a BQ fan, but you should be a Browns fan first

I'm a Browns fan. And I DO NOT want another rookie QB.

I see a whole lot of other areas on the team where people that we have aren't serviceable. Lets fix those first...

You guys REALLY want to bring in yet another rookie QB and pay out the nose for him, then throw him out there to look terrible get murdered, then run him out of town and draft another one?

If we had Sanchez this year, do you think he would be lighting up the field?

if we draft a QB in the 1st round i'll give up. This team is dreadful and throwing another young guy to the wolves wont help anything.

needs:

S

LB

DL

RT

RG

RB

WR

QB

Hell basically every position, but we need to focus on defense and add some offensive line depth.

For what it is worth, both Steve Young and Trent Dilfer laid the blame not on the QBs, but on the system they have to play in. Dilfer's statement was to the effect that "the Browns have NO offensive structure whatsoever that would allow their players to be successful."

Daball needs to be fired, NOW. OK, maybe you let Mangini ride out the season, after all, he shouldn't get off so easy as to be able to go home with his money. He needs to suffer as we suffer. But even he shouldn't be able to stomach keeping Daboll around.

The Browns need a new Oc and QB but they should not draft one this season. clausen, please. BQ should get the rest of the year to see if he can grow but either the OC won't let him throw a pass over 10 yards or he is not able too. We need to find out.

Sign a QB or trade for one but do not draft one above 3rd round. Need a RB for sure in the first 2 rounds and defensive help. You basically have to build the team first. You have young receivers that can grow but need a TE, RB and QB on offensive and help on defense, and of course a OC that will try and strech the field. Either way though you might as well keep BQ in. I guess the comment that the offense was so bad under DA that BQ might actually get his 70% of the snaps is well inaccurate. Are both Qbs really that bad or is it the OC.

Here's my 2 cents for what it's worth, BQ has gotten meaningful PT against Baltimore twice, Denver and Minnesota. They are all ranked in the top 15 defences, with Min and Den being one and two in sacks respectively. We can't really expect a young QB with little talent around him, in the way of players and playcallers, to have a lot of success. We have DET, KC, SD, and OAK coming up in the last half of the season. Let BQ play against a few subpar def and we'll see how it pans out. He and the rest of our offense can build some confidece and go into the off season on a high note and maybe we can pick up some playmakers and hopefully make a nice run next year.

You guys already have a decent QB with Quinn. You need to build the team around him and give him time to grow into his position.

No, No, No...

Quinn is not a decent QB...please stop making excuses for him...He's not NFL caliber..period.!!!!!!!!

he has not even come close to showing pocket presence, accuracy, poise, touch on soft throws. and forget the long ball...you saw where they landed (almost in the water coolers)...He had his chance as did DA.....It's a given there is absolutley no talent anywhere on this team...but I'm ready to turn the reigns over to a new QB as this experiment with DA and BQ is now a poison that will linger for a long time...

Here's my 2 cents for what it's worth, BQ has gotten meaningful PT against Baltimore twice, Denver and Minnesota. They are all ranked in the top 15 defences, with Min and Den being one and two in sacks respectively. We can't really expect a young QB with little talent around him, in the way of players and playcallers, to have a lot of success. We have DET, KC, SD, and OAK coming up in the last half of the season. Let BQ play against a few subpar def and we'll see how it pans out. He and the rest of our offense can build some confidece and go into the off season on a high note and maybe we can pick up some playmakers and hopefully make a nice run next year.

good point.

it will be ......interesting to watch us against KC, Oak, DET and similar competiton....

(and we can prepare to face Buff, and other 4th place afc teams next year)

Archived