THE BROWNS BOARD

Mangini got us 11 draft picks?

DumAssWhiteGuy

That is a good ponit Joe....OLB and corners would be an example...they are usually pretty athletic guys...and could be a reason why so many show up out of the later rounds.

Big guys who didn't get scooped up early are probably slow and plodding type guys, and few come out of the smaller schools where it isn't uncommon for a DB to come out of "Nowhere State" and make a impact.

No... no shock... though like you said it is interesting to see that it's apparently more difficult to assess college players at some position rather than others... i.e. there are some positions where you're more likely to find diamonds in the rough.

It's a crap shoot no matter what. Bad GMs have even an even lower chance of finding talent outside of the first 2 rounds and even good ones have their fair share of blown picks in 3-5 (there'd be more cuts if most GMs and coaches weren't so keen on saving face, clogging up a roster spot with a guy they took high who they know was a mistake).

So with 11 picks, should Browns fans really be expecting to get 11 quality players? I'd say not. I'd go back to 4 as something one should expect... and if you don't have the ability to draw in better free agents, it's going to take a long time to rebuild a team primarilly through the draft, in addition to the fact that rookies can take 2-4 years to develop.

Can't argue with that. Based on EM's track record with the Jets drafts, I am going to bet he finds six quality players in eleven picks (and his draft record would suggest more than that).

Archived