THE BROWNS BOARD

Lebron to the Browns?

TheClevelandSound

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

BEREA, Ohio -- If LeBron James truly believes he can help the Cleveland Browns, coach Eric Mangini has an orange helmet waiting for him.

"I think he should come on down," Mangini said.

The NBA superstar, who was an All-State wide receiver in high school, said Tuesday night that if he put the time and commitment into it, he could be a good football player. Mangini agreed, calling James "a freak athletically" and said the 6-foot-8, 260-pounder could be dangerous at tight end, wide receiver or even outside linebacker.

Quarterback Brady Quinn also heard about James' football fetish. He would love to have a target to throw to like James in the red zone.

"That'd be great," Quinn said. "Tell him to suit up and let us know, we'll get him working. Obviously he's an incredibly talented athlete. If he wants to try to play a little bit now, we'd be more than willing to pick him up."

Browns nose tackle Shaun Rogers isn't convinced James, as great as he is, could step into the NFL and be able to handle the pounding.

"I heard that comment," Rogers said. "I have mixed emotions about that. A great athlete? Yes. A football player? No."

Rogers then looked into TV cameras.

"Yeah LeBron, I said it," he said. "It's a punishing game. I just don't think you can step off the basketball court after not going through this year in and year out and just play football. From that standpoint, I just don't think it's possible. You have to weather and condition your body to take this punishment."

So what if James had a year to train? Could he do it then?

"Yeah, he might make a heckuva tight end," Rogers said. "I'd like to see him out there running down the seam."

a cute thought, but we all know this is never ever going to happen. Lebron is the man and I love what he brings to the Cavs and the city of Cleveland, but we see him complaining every game about the hits he takes on the basketball court. I doubt he could take the hits an NFL player has to take. Personally I would put him at WR on offense, or defensive back on defense. We know he has the agility to play the position, and the freakish "ups" he has would make for one hell of a ballhawk.

Don't know how true it is but it is being posted on the Steeler site, " the Browns just signed Steelers linebacker/special teams guy Arnold Harrison off the waiver wire. " Not trying to hi-jack this thread, just seemed like a waste to start another and you were already speaking about additional players.

A.Harrison isn't a bad player, gives his all but to me, seems to be injury proned.

Don't know how true it is but it is being posted on the Steeler site, " the Browns just signed Steelers linebacker/special teams guy Arnold Harrison off the waiver wire. " Not trying to hi-jack this thread, just seemed like a waste to start another and you were already speaking about additional players.

A.Harrison isn't a bad player, gives his all but to me, seems to be injury proned.

i would not be opposed to this move.

Didnt Lebron get a scholarship to play football for a few schools but opted out for the NBA and big money?

Read this article: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4194437

Nutshell, Lebron's high school assistant coach was an 11 year Packer safety... said the top 4 receivers he ever played against or saw were Lofton, Rice, Largent and Lebron.

The kid's worth 100 million plus. He could retire right now and have no need for money. He loved football, loved the game (preferred bb practice to fb practice though). . He tries football and succeeds, he surpasses Michael Jordon as a sports legend.

I could see it.

He is a cry baby in basketball where you're not allow to bump each other, especially if you're a super star. Can you imagine the first time he got hit in the NFL?

Stone, you obviously don't watch much pro basketball do you? FWIW, LeBron has protypical TE size, 6'8", 250. He's run into Shaq a few times going full speed when he played for the other team, and O'Neil is bigger (and probably stronger) than any damn defensive lineman in the NFL.

Crybaby? give me a f**cking break. On a routine drive to the basket, LBJ gets hacked twice, and on more non routine drives gets shoved into the second row of seats- and he's not wearing pads, mind you. LOL, you think all those NBA centers and power forwards are 180 pound pansies?

I'll tell you this- and it's not homerism. If LeBron had decided to play football, barring injury, I have NO DOUBT he could have been the best TE to ever play the game. His vision and hand-eye coordination are phenomenal, he can outrun any LB playing in the NFL, and out jump or out muscle any CB or safety. (you tell me what the outcome is gonna be when a 190lb 6'1"- or less- cb tries to fight LeBron for the ball? Won't be pretty) So there. Uninjured KWII X 2.

Stone, you obviously don't watch much pro basketball do you? FWIW, LeBron has protypical TE size, 6'8", 250. He's run into Shaq a few times going full speed when he played for the other team, and O'Neil is bigger (and probably stronger) than any damn defensive lineman in the NFL.

Crybaby? give me a f**cking break. On a routine drive to the basket, LBJ gets hacked twice, and on more non routine drives gets shoved into the second row of seats- and he's not wearing pads, mind you. LOL, you think all those NBA centers and power forwards are 180 pound pansies?

I'll tell you this- and it's not homerism. If LeBron had decided to play football, barring injury, I have NO DOUBT he could have been the best TE to ever play the game. His vision and hand-eye coordination are phenomenal, he can outrun any LB playing in the NFL, and out jump or out muscle any CB or safety. So there. Uninjured KWII X 2.

If he's 6'8" 250 with a 44" vertical... if he can catch a fade he's HUGE money as a red zone player. Anything else is a bonus.

Archived