THE BROWNS BOARD

Bruce Arians

BATMAN

Last year when the Steelers played the Colts we ran the same exact handoff up the middle from the same exact formation 7 times (All 7 were ran in the redzone and 3 of the calls were in a row on the same drive!) We gained 3 yards the first time we ran it, but at best got back to the LOS the nest 6 times. His explaination after the game was that the Colts defense wouldn't have expected it.

Steelers are up by 7+ points in the 4th quarter. Arians calls 3 pass plays in a row trying to get 15+ yards on each, but instead we go 3 and out and pray our defense steps up. We rarel;y runs the ball, especially when we need to run it the most.

When its 3rd and 2 and your watching the Steelers, expect to see a 5 wr shotgun formation even if we are in the redzone.

His play calling doesn't have logic, Ben making great plays on broking plays is 98% of our offense. The Steelers have too much talent and depth in all phases of our offense to have offensive performances similiar to the Browns. (no offense - just an example)

For those that remember Bruce Arians as being apart of the Browns coaching staff in the past, what did you think of him ? I'd appreciate your opinion and I'll give mine after I hear a couple of yours.

Thanks

Nearly everybody thought he sucked...it will be interesting to see how the replies fall.

My honest answer is that I couldn't STAND him when he was here & all I know about his stint in P-burgh is that he has a lot more talent to work with. Sorta illustrates the difference talent can make in coaching "ability", doesn't it?

Mike

I don't know if a fanbase has ever liked an offensive coordinator.

Fans always think they can call a better game.

Zombo

--because they don't understand 90% of what is going on.

The only one in Cleveland I can remember that people liked was Infante.

I THOUGHT AS MUCH ! When he was your offensive cordinator I contribute our Steeler wins to him. I'm far from an expert about football and after all my years of watching football the first thing I pretty much knew for 100% sure, Arians was a dope.

The Steelers and your Browns would be in a game and you guys would have us up against the ropes, me thinking if they keep calling that play that, we can't seem to defend, we are going to lose this game. Too many times you guys would be doing positive with the offense, getting into a grove and " POW " like a punch in the mouth, Arians would screw up your drive.

Yeah, there would be plays you just couldn't run or pass against us so, Arians would call some plays that worked, get to the end of the game with minutes left on the clock, looked as if you guys would win and then, that stupid ass would go back to a play that had no affect against the defense.

After the game I would think to myself, we didn't win as much as their stupid OC messed up.

When Cowher hired him as a receivers coach, I threw a fit and said, this guy will be a cancer to our team some day.

On the Steeler boards, just a couple think he's doing good and I kep telling them, " any other QB and we a re a 500 team." I think Arians is so stupid, he thinks he's smart.

The guys name never comes up when it's time to discuss, possible new NFL coaches. Hell, Al Davis hasn't even offered him a job.

Some of us think he is a mole planted by the Cleveland Browns.

The only one in Cleveland I can remember that people liked was Infante.

Hey, you beat me too it, that's exactly what I was going to write.

That's probably because he was the last O-coordinator to have a clue around here, and he left to coach the Pack.

Arians grade here would have to be a C- at best.

Speaking of coaches of the past, do you guys think that an Infante, Sam Wyche, Jim Mora, Dennis Green to name a few could make it back to the NFL and do well ? I couldn't think of Moras name so, I went to YouTube and typed in PLAYOFFS ! His name, face and rant showed up at the top of the list.

They had him on TV about his little episode and he was laughing because it has really taken hold with the fans. He said he can be walking down the street and someone will echo it back to him.

I think a guy like him that has proven win stats could go to a team like the Browns and make a fast turn around.

Arians is a good OC. The only problem I have ever had with him is his run plays seem limited. His passing plays are very good. STEELERS fans like to bitch and moan about Arians but the problems the STEELERS are having are not his.

He sucked when he was with us. :huh:

Arians stinks to high heaven. The guy couldn't count his nuts and come up with the same number twice. You get some fans that are so blind by their team colors, they can't see the truth. Look up Arians past records be it college or the pros, he has always fielded one of the worse offenses during his time. Sadly, he is probably doing his best as a Steeler employee but, he needs a darn good defense to carry the load of his crap he calls an offense. If it wasn't for Ben, our offense wouldn't have made it to the toilet bowl let alone the Super Bowl.

I'll say this much, it was the guts and talent of Ben and Santonio that got us that win when, the defense allowed the Cards to score at the end. Nice short passes to Santonio, Ben in control making his calls. Nothing to do with Arians.

Arians is like Kordell, after a while, fans forgot what a real QB was like and they continued to back Kordell claiming, " he's not the problem." I thought Kordell gave it his all and I think he was probably a good person off the field and I've heard that from many but, he was no QB just like Arians is no OC.

Go to firebrucearians.com for anyone that would like to see some real Arians bashing. That is sad when an asistant coach has a site about him and to be fired.

Sorry to bust your bubble Batman. I know you want to believe that the STEELERS offense is so bad with Arians. We have done very well with him as our OC and won not only the division multiple times but also a SB.

Right now the STEELERS offense is ranked 5th in yards per play. 7th in passing yards per play. 4th in first down percentage.

The STEELERS are still ranked 5th overall in the NFL because we not only have a strong defense but a very good offense. Offensive scoring has been one of our least problems this season.

What are you going to be doing while Arians and the STEELERS are in the playoffs again? Whine and moan and blame Arians when Ben, the offensive line, the WRs, and special teams are xxxxing up like in the past game? But it is not Arians fault we lost that game. A team is not a single entity and Arians is a strong part of the STEELERS. Now our O-line and special teams coach.... call em out. They need a whippin.

That website was made the year we hired Arians. It's stupid. Arians is a decent OC. Better than what we had under Cowher.

I wanted to know what the Browns fans thought of Arians as their OC is why I started the thread. I respect your opinion about Arians but, I believe we win despite him and would be better without him. In Cowhers era of coaching we didn't have the weapons or the now developed talent that Tomlin has.

Tomlin/Arians = a more mature Santonio Holmes, along with Washington and Ben. Washington is gone and we've gotten better with Wallace along with Ward having a great season. All that we have and Arians can't get his crew to put up points. Our defense was just as good last season or better than Cowher ever fielded and they put our offense in some sweet spots and got them out of a lot of messes last season.

I see that our offense has improved from last year or at least, that is how I see it. With their improvement, we still couldn't win against the Bengals or the Bears. Our defense and special teams have blinked on a couple of plays in those games but with all the offensive weapons we have now, we couldn't score a touchdown here and there.

Archived