THE BROWNS BOARD

HOLMGRENS INTERESTED

JRex223

Just saw it on action 19, he was on a seattle radio station.

...He said he had a great respect for randy learner and would like the challenge.

He said "I defintely want to talk with the Browns"

!!!!! Holy crap

Get him on the damn phone!

....stories gotta leak soon

Word broke this week, via Hall of Fame running back Jim Brown, a confidante to Randy Lerner, that the Cleveland Browns' owner was talking with Mike Holmgren about the team's football czar opportunity.

Then, Lerner didn't have anything to say about the meeting.

Earlier today, Holmgren denied talking with the Browns during a 950 KJR radio appearance.

However, he definitely sounds interested.

"I'd love to talk with Cleveland someday," Holmgren said.

Whether they've already talked or not, it seems certain that they'll talk one day about the job.

It's also safe to say that Holmgren may want to wait and see what other opportunities arise.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Wilson...ith-Browns.html

Holmgren says everyone in the organization from the owner down has to be on the same page as a prerequisite...does that eliminate the browns?

Ouch :rolleyes:

I was anti-Holmgren when he left Green Bay in a hissy-fit, and he could have done better in Seattle, but he certainly would be a major upgrade of anything we've had here.

My only skepticism is I'm not sure how long he'd be willing to stick around and see it through (the rebuild & beyond). Does he have enough patience to get it done?

I was anti-Holmgren when he left Green Bay in a hissy-fit, and he could have done better in Seattle, but he certainly would be a major upgrade of anything we've had here.

---What exactly made you anti-holmgren?... the Superbowls he led both teams to?...

I heard it was Charlie Casserly that Lerner was talking to. I would much rather have him. He has more experience and a much better track record drafting.

Didnt his best draft season come when he was fired ? Also I would prefer a man of Holmgrens coaching experience. Before being a GM/Coach he was a QB coach and an Offensive coordinator .... and guess what part of the Browns seem the worst ? Bingo !!!!

Holmgren would be a good addition if he was not handcuffed by Mangini. Until Mangini is gone you will have alot of problems with team chemistry.

I couldnt agree more...holmgren is a solid guy and would bounce mangini out on his ear..its unfortunately the reason i dont see holmgren or any true serious czar type coming in if they have to keep mangoonie onboard..

Whats wrong with your name fan o squeal it doesnt look right....;)

Whats wrong with your name fan o squeal it doesnt look right....;)

Ha Ha. Very funny. :blink:

I don't know what I did to lose my posting privilages. I've posted here for years and never been banned and had alot of fun. I never was warned about anything. It just says "your post will be submitted to a mod for posting aproval. I can always come here with a different username so it seems odd that someone would do that.

I don't know if you saw this or not but last week they did a play on Star Trek and Cowher was asked if he wanted to be "beamed" to the browns. He was adamant about not going there and made it seem like someone would be foolish to do it. I think he sees the problem with Mangini having too much control. I would think that before Holmgren came to the browns he would have to have the final say over Mangini.

I don't know what I did to lose my posting privilages. I've posted here for years and never been banned and had alot of fun. I never was warned about anything. It just says "your post will be submitted to a mod for posting aproval. I can always come here with a different username so it seems odd that someone would do that.

I don't know if you saw this or not but last week they did a play on Star Trek and Cowher was asked if he wanted to be "beamed" to the browns. He was adamant about not going there and made it seem like someone would be foolish to do it. I think he sees the problem with Mangini having too much control. I would think that before Holmgren came to the browns he would have to have the final say over Mangini.

Even we do not want Cowher and the reason for it (apart from the Steeler reason) is that he does not seem like a guy smart enough to turn this thing around. The guy is pretty much stuck with the job and I doubt if Carolina would fire John Fox with Cowher .... that would be a nightmare for the team.

Holmgren would have a much bigger area of control than Mangini if he were appointed. So I do not expect Mangini to be any problem to Holmgren, infact it might be the other way around.

Even we do not want Cowher and the reason for it (apart from the Steeler reason) is that he does not seem like a guy smart enough to turn this thing around.

That's funny.

If Cowher was to go to the browns, it would be the best coach you have had in decades. I don't even understand the "STEELERS reason" because he was already a browns coach years ago. You guys would welcome Cowher with open arms.

If your post is submitted for approval, it means just that. It will be approved before it is posted. You don't seem to be suffering any inconvenience, so what's the big deal?

If your post is submitted for approval, it means just that. It will be approved before it is posted. You don't seem to be suffering any inconvenience, so what's the big deal?

It seem's to me that he was just trying to find out what happened, so what's the big deal??? Just sayin!!!

Hi Kathy, I miss playing in the fantasy league this season. I have still enjoyed reading your fantasy football thread.

This is not my real username. I had to re-sign up with a new username. When I post using the other name it never shows up. I've tried over and over.

Hi Kathy, I miss playing in the fantasy league this season. I have still enjoyed reading your fantasy football thread.

This is not my real username. I had to re-sign up with a new username. When I post using the other name it never shows up. I've tried over and over.

I've checked the admin logs and don't see anything. I must be missing it. I can't explain what happened.

Didnt his best draft season come when he was fired ? Also I would prefer a man of Holmgrens coaching experience. Before being a GM/Coach he was a QB coach and an Offensive coordinator .... and guess what part of the Browns seem the worst ? Bingo !!!!

I think you may be forgetting a very successful run in Washington.. He has tons more experience as a GM than holmgren.. Now holmgren as a coach.. for sure.. GM..not so sure..his drafts in Seattle were pretty bad.

That's funny.

If Cowher was to go to the browns, it would be the best coach you have had in decades. I don't even understand the "STEELERS reason" because he was already a browns coach years ago. You guys would welcome Cowher with open arms.

Could be.

But here's the deal, if Cowher were that instrumental the Squeelers would have folded when he left.

That didn't happen, much to our dismay.

Sure your band could add Ron Wood and Bill Wyman but it won't be the Stones.

WSS

Could be.

But here's the deal, if Cowher were that instrumental the Squeelers would have folded when he left.

That didn't happen, much to our dismay.

Sure your band could add Ron Wood and Bill Wyman but it won't be the Stones.

WSS

That is because we ended up getting a HC that was even better than Cowher. Cowher was done after he won SB XL and should have retired. He came back the next season with a half hearted attempt at coaching and produced a losing team that year. Tomlin stepped in and made a few adjustements and in his first year went to the playoffs and then on to a Superbowl a few years later. If Cowher ever came back to coaching and he had the drive he once had to succeed, the team he took on would be very competitive. Mangini might end up being a decent HC if he had someone above him that led him along. I no longer look at him as ever being a great team leader on his own.

---What exactly made you anti-holmgren?... the Superbowls he led both teams to?...

JRex-

I thought he and the Pack were good for the NFL when they were chasing the dream of winning a Superbowl. Once they acheived the dream, they (Holmgren, Farve, even Desmond Howard) got too big for their britches and thought they were larger than the game itself.

Holmgren found out when he went to Seattle that it really is hard to do everything by yourself. He had no Farve, no Reggie White, no Ron Wolf. It just isn't that easy, as we Browns fans know.

I would hope that if Holmgren is hired here, he uses the tough lessons he's learned, and delegates some power. The guy has shown he can coach, but being GM is a new ballgame. Is he patient enough to get it done?

As far as Cowher goes, I wouldn't think he'd ever come here. I think he has too much respect for the Rooneys.

Archived