THE BROWNS BOARD

Happy Thanksgiving to all

daydawg19

I know we rant and rave about our hapless Browns and cheer then on win or lose. But i am often reminded that the players that we love and curse are human beings with lives and families themselves.

Granted these men make a fortune, but they still have to go home and care for their elderly parents and their newborn children, just like us. And just like us some of them have minimal responsibilities, choosing to live for themselves...sometimes even stealing a paycheck.

My point is that we all come naked into the world and should be thankful for each day we have, whether we are playing or cheering, throwing passes or throwing up, catching passes or catching H1N1....

We all enjoy unparalleled freedom and should make the most of the time we have.

Ladies and Gentlemen, let it not take a tragedy like 9/11, or the unexpected tragic death of an athlete or loved one, or even a holiday, to keep things in perspective and remember....

Football is a game and has no bearing on anything that really matters. Enjoy it for what it is.

Hope you all have a safe and blessed Thanksgiving. I know I will.......

even if I do live in Pittsburgh. :P

But i am often reminded that the players that we love and curse are human beings with lives and families themselves.

The coaches too. Can you imagine being the family member of a coach on the hot seat? Charlie Weis at ND? Jim Zorn?

Can you imagine seeing your loved one not only ridiculed for their job performance but also have the family name turned into vulgarities and everything remotely personal to them ridiculed, mocked or lambasted? When you meet these people up close, you realize that they are far more like you and I. We simply don't see very much of the things that humanize them. We learn (perhaps from our fathers, brothers, etc) that since we see them on Sunday or at press conferences that we somehow know what kind of person they are. ("He's a BUM!" sound familiar?)

In reality, we don't.

Make no mistake, the fans are the custodians of the sport even though their "ownership stake" is realistically only emotional. On some level though, fans need to realize that we tend to base our opinions on our perceptions and sometimes those are not entirely based in fact.

Happy Thansgiving to all, win or lose. (Even JoeSixPat...wink)

The coaches too. Can you imagine being the family member of a coach on the hot seat? Charlie Weis at ND? Jim Zorn?

Absolutely. My purpose was to include every person involved in the game as well. Coaches and quarterbacks, primarily, get too much credit and too much blame at times.

My point is that we all come naked into the world ... DawgSTuckupinPa

You must be speaking figuratively...

My older girl cousin in WV always told me she was there

when I was born, and I wasn't naked - I was wearing a baseball cap,

tennis shoes, a diaper, and a t-shirt that said "Hey, Doc, don't

spank me, you're scare the fish !"

Unless...she was teasing ... me....

dammit. After all this time...

Archived