THE BROWNS BOARD

Do yo think the defense just gave up?

medicineman

Im just saying with the way our offense played in the past weeks the defense finally said to hell with it. I know we didn't turn the ball over today but in the past it was an issue not to mention all the 3 and outs we had. This is only 1 game where the offense showed up. Now don't get me wrong I was the first in line to run Brady into the ground but he looked great today and I really hope it will follow through into next week.

Guest Metcalf_FTW

I don't want to say our defense quit, but the thought crossed my mind. I will say one thing, we can't defend the pass. Teams like Baltimore are dumb to run the ball on us during the first half. Look at what Green Bay did to us when they went to the air. They hardly ran against us and they planned it all along.

I don't want to say our defense quit, but the thought crossed my mind. I will say one thing, we can't defend the pass. Teams like Baltimore are dumb to run the ball on us during the first half. Look at what Green Bay did to us when they went to the air. They hardly ran against us and they planned it all along.

Yes and our secondary never did look like they wanted to tackle anybody all year. I almost had a good day today. Pittsburgh lost. Cincy lost but we lost to.

We couldnt keep enough heat on stafford..damned if we did and damned if we didnt...our safeties both sucked as usual and stafford just like quinn ..will kill ya if he gets even an inkling of enough time...but the real culprit is mr daboll and his run run pass punt for wearing the defense out instead of sticking to what was working...jennings drop would have been a td and put it out of range...mangini made a mistake calling a timeout..was ryan even there?

Mixed playcalling from great to god awful and this regimes game costing mistakes has got to end first dabolls head needs the axe and then mangini after a czar is in place...folks dumbo is calling what mangini tells him to..he is to stupid to be a legit OC..

I dont think the D gave up, they just don't have the talent.

I'm starting to think we need Brandon Graham Michigan as our #1 pick, or Berry from Tennessee, people who can make a difference on D.

the sad part is we knew they had Calvin Johnson and did nothing to neutralize him (did you see the corner NOT covering him on the 50-yd catch?)

also, K. smith and Pettigrew have been VERY contained and minimalized against other teams.

maybe we didn't do our home work?

the sad part is we knew they had Calvin Johnson and did nothing to neutralize him (did you see the corner NOT covering him on the 50-yd catch?)

also, K. smith and Pettigrew have been VERY contained and minimalized against other teams.

maybe we didn't do our home work?

I hear that. How can a RB take a screen pass (Detroit's first play of the game), and NO BROWN was even in the picture for at least 20 yards? Hello, do we have any LBs out there?

As far as Calvin Johnson goes, on that 50 yd TD, he was released to Pool, and that is a big mismatch. Johnson was going to get his yards anyway, it's the constant breakdown on RB & TE coverage from our D that drives me nuts every Sunday.

We couldnt keep enough heat on stafford..damned if we did and damned if we didnt...our safeties both sucked as usual and stafford just like quinn ..will kill ya if he gets even an inkling of enough time...but the real culprit is mr daboll and his run run pass punt for wearing the defense out instead of sticking to what was working...jennings drop would have been a td and put it out of range...mangini made a mistake calling a timeout..was ryan even there?

Mixed playcalling from great to god awful and this regimes game costing mistakes has got to end first dabolls head needs the axe and then mangini after a czar is in place...folks dumbo is calling what mangini tells him to..he is to stupid to be a legit OC..

First time I've seen a team go into a prevent defense in the second quarter, or maybe they just thought "hey we're up 21 on a lousy team, this one's in the bag".

First time I've seen a team go into a prevent defense in the second quarter, or maybe they just thought "hey we're up 21 on a lousy team, this one's in the bag".

Larry, each week it get darker and darker for Mangini.

No way this guy is back next year - not if the team wants to be anything but the laughing stock of the league.

I know that money talks, but the team would be hard pressed to sign any viable FA in the off season.

Cleveland would be Green Bay between the Championship teams and Favre years.

Maybe Mangini can go coach time management at LSU.

Im just saying with the way our offense played in the past weeks the defense finally said to hell with it. I know we didn't turn the ball over today but in the past it was an issue not to mention all the 3 and outs we had. This is only 1 game where the offense showed up. Now don't get me wrong I was the first in line to run Brady into the ground but he looked great today and I really hope it will follow through into next week.

Both Defenses looked like they played "tired"

And by the end of a game in which more than 70 points were scored, both Defenses were VERY tired.

And that's about what it looked like on the final plays. Mangini deserves his share of credit for his judgment calls, but the Defense wasn't exactly on top of their game.

Maybe some will say this is what comes of being overworked in practice too, but I don't think the D gave up.

Archived