THE BROWNS BOARD

The truth upsets the green movement

Mr. T

What a douchebag!

Watch Ed Begley Jr., a mentally deranged environmentalist, spittling and aggressively pointing his finger at the interviewer when confronted with tough questions. Watch him repeatedly shout, OVER AND OVER again, “peer review, peer review,” seemingly unaware that the e-mails uncovered specifically spoke about keeping dissenting science from being peered reviewed. He also seems to forget that these same publications warned in the 70’s about the impending catastrophic ice age. PEER REVIEWED! These people, I’m afraid, need to be dealt with in a way that might not be so pleasant for them.

Fixed

Will the Truth be allowed to stand as evidence?

T did you record this. Nice find. Do we have the actual emails? And has the person who sent them said they are legit. I am sure it is all legit, but you know how the media will spin it.

Begley is frustrated because he is the worst actor in history. You can see it in this video. lol He's arguing a mute point, he just believes that the data is real. I do believe he thinks it's true, there is a psychological cause for the reason he is in denial.

Easy bake ovens? I have to rid my self of my easy bake oven? Shit.

And you what T, people will look at this post and think you posted it to be strictly against Obama. When in reality you are mad at the "system" as a whole.

What a douchebag!

Watch Ed Begley Jr., a mentally deranged environmentalist, spittling and aggressively pointing his finger at the interviewer when confronted with tough questions. Watch him repeatedly shout, OVER AND OVER again, “peer review, peer review,” seemingly unaware that the e-mails uncovered specifically spoke about keeping dissenting science from being peered reviewed. He also seems to forget that these same publications warned in the 70’s about the impending catastrophic ice age. PEER REVIEWED! These people, I’m afraid, need to be dealt with in a way that might not be so pleasant for them.

T, I am a little disappointed in you that you copied and pasted your reply. I would like to think exactly what you think.

T Plagiarized? LOL

What a douchebag!

Fixed

Will the Truth be allowed to stand as evidence?

I try to be green to lower my impact on the planet, but the main reason is I just like to save money. I don't believe in human influenced global warming. I do think that people should do their part to lower their impact and to help prevent pollution and save space in landfills. I use cloth napkins over and over instead of paper ones to save wood and water, for example. Some of these idiots propose the stupidest things though.

I try to be green to lower my impact on the planet, but the main reason is I just like to save money. I don't believe in human influenced global warming. I do think that people should do their part to lower their impact and to help prevent pollution and save space in landfills. I use cloth napkins over and over instead of paper ones to save wood and water, for example. Some of these idiots propose the stupidest things though.

Heres a point we agree on PE.

There's no reason at all to be wasteful but one must only follow the money to understand that somebody stands to cash in bug time on environmental hysteria.

BTW nothing wrong with cutting down on paying third world dictators for oil.

That's a decent reason to fine an alternate source of energy.

WSS

Simple question that I am sure will get the usual 'You're killing me Smalls!'. But if all this is about is saving energy (ie, cutting down on energy use) why not re institute some sort of Blue laws. This would not be a religious thing, simply a way to cut down on energy consumption. If every non-essential business was not allowed to be open 1 day a week wouldn't that save a TON of energy. Everything from the electricity to run the business to all the gas the employees and customers would save by not driving to said business.

Personally I don't think companies bottom lines would be extremely effected by this either. IE a grocery store; the money they make on the day that they would be closed would be made up for on the 'bookends' of said closed day. If they are closed on Sunday's, Saturday's and Monday's sales would come close to making that up. Add in the energy and labor cost they saved from not being open and IMO it would be close to a net push.

For arguments sake I do not know what would be considered an essential business, nor if the government is afforded this power in the Constitution. But it seems a much simpler solution than all of the carbon tax and credit systems that are being talked about now.

Simple question that I am sure will get the usual 'You're killing me Smalls!'. But if all this is about is saving energy (ie, cutting down on energy use) why not re institute some sort of Blue laws. This would not be a religious thing, simply a way to cut down on energy consumption. If every non-essential business was not allowed to be open 1 day a week wouldn't that save a TON of energy. Everything from the electricity to run the business to all the gas the employees and customers would save by not driving to said business.

Personally I don't think companies bottom lines would be extremely effected by this either. IE a grocery store; the money they make on the day that they would be closed would be made up for on the 'bookends' of said closed day. If they are closed on Sunday's, Saturday's and Monday's sales would come close to making that up. Add in the energy and labor cost they saved from not being open and IMO it would be close to a net push.

For arguments sake I do not know what would be considered an essential business, nor if the government is afforded this power in the Constitution. But it seems a much simpler solution than all of the carbon tax and credit systems that are being talked about now.

Sure that might help Smalls.

But the bottom line in this instance isnn't the environment or saving energy.

It's a new tax and profiteering on fake "green" industry.

WSS

I know Steve and I guess that was my point. If the true goal is just to save consumption and lower some emissions then this would seem like a logical place to start. I know common sense has nearly zero place in politics but I am curious to see what "Believers' have to say about my idea.

I know Steve and I guess that was my point. If the true goal is just to save consumption and lower some emissions then this would seem like a logical place to start. I know common sense has nearly zero place in politics but I am curious to see what "Believers' have to say about my idea.

Smalls the point of lowering emissions is to curb "global warming". There is no evidence that lowering emissions will make the earth stay at the same temperature or for that matter make it cooler. God I feel stupid almost typing it, "make the earth cooler by using a certain kind of light bulb". LOL

It's almost a religion. You can't prove there is a God or is not a God, just that there could be a God. Good thing there is not a God tax, or I'd be broke.

p.s. meanwhile, we are over due for an ice age.

Smalls the point of lowering emissions is to curb "global warming". There is no evidence that lowering emissions will make the earth stay at the same temperature or for that matter make it cooler. God I feel stupid almost typing it, "make the earth cooler by using a certain kind of light bulb". LOL

It's almost a religion. You can't prove there is a God or is not a God, just that there could be a God. Good thing there is not a God tax, or I'd be broke.

p.s. meanwhile, we are over due for an ice age.

Kinda side bar, but it is funny you brought up the God argument. The hardest paper I ever had to write, and I mean ever, was for my freshman philosophy class. We either had to prove or disprove the existence of God merely through the use of natural revelation. Meaning not using any written text or man created notion of God but merely the existence and order (or disorder) of the world around us. Spent so many hours trying to form a logical argument for all that exist w/out God and then an equal amount of time to fit the "evil" and disorder into the notion of God. Mind boggling man....FWIW God in philosophical terms is simply 'all knowing', 'all powerful' and time transcending. Alot easier to deal with than the religious definition which introduces judgement and damnation, lol.

Heres a point we agree on PE.

There's no reason at all to be wasteful but one must only follow the money to understand that somebody stands to cash in bug time on environmental hysteria.

BTW nothing wrong with cutting down on paying third world dictators for oil.

That's a decent reason to fine an alternate source of energy.

WSS

I dont recycle unless its profitable. But at the same time I am not wasteful.

Also I dont want some government agancy or law telling me I have to. The world is a better place without the intrusion of Big Gov.

Now a days to many people believe in faireytales, and IMO this is why we have a bleeding heart green movement. Whats bad is the fact that some of these weirdos make it a religion.

And was your professor agnostic?

He would never give us a direct answer, he would always say he's muling it over. But if by agnostic you mean he believes but doesn't quite know what 'it' is then yes. His favorite philosopher was Descartes if that helps any. But, IMO, it is hard to deny the existence of God (using the definition laid forth) once considering the grandeur of the world and all it has. And bringing this discussion full circle it is why I believe we're acting like the conceded fools that we are to believe in less than 200 years we have put the earth on the brink of destruction, just arrogant to think we have that much power especially considering the "damage" that one volcano does to the earth in terms of "pollution".

Alas, Poor Sheppie, had to bail, when man made global warming went to heyl.

Truth withstands the test of time.

IOW, Obama won't, Gore hasn't, and Pelosi can't.

Note to Shep: Perhaps NOW the gw debate IS over. LOL

To be honest with you, I don't recycle shit. Use whole rolls of TP to wipe my bunghole. Use flood lights in my lamps. Drive a Hummer. Beat seals. Hunt whales. Throw trash everywhere. Use styrofoam and plastic utensils for everything. Use zero recycled paper. Eat only beef that comes from the rain forest. Triple bag everything.

Everyone is bitching about having clean air, but not bitching about the pollution given off by the trucks and the processing plants "recycling". Believe me we are going to run out of clean air before we run out of land to put garbage. It is just another industry conceived to help our otherwise failing industry.

Check out this link

Archived