THE BROWNS BOARD

Wow! Roth played great!!!

james t

I think Matt Roth played great considering he came in to this games with two practices under his belt. He sets the edge and gets off blocks. He shut down his side of the field, and it looked like the Bengals didn't even want to run his way. I would like to see him in on 3rd downs and let him rush the passer. I remember him in college and he was a great pass rusher. Check out this highlight tape someone sent me from his days at Iowa. At least its one bright side from today's game.

http://www.scothawk.com/flvswfpublish/2004...rothtribute.swf

I think Matt Roth played great considering he came in to this games with two practices under his belt. He sets the edge and gets off blocks. He shut down his side of the field, and it looked like the Bengals didn't even want to run his way. I would like to see him in on 3rd downs and let him rush the passer. I remember him in college and he was a great pass rusher. Check out this highlight tape someone sent me from his days at Iowa. At least its one bright side from today's game.

http://www.scothawk.com/flvswfpublish/2004...rothtribute.swf

I agree. Although it was kind of depressing at one point when anyone making a play was a new guy fresh off the street.

I'd like to see Roth and Trusnik back next season.

Ill give him credit he played better then I thought but CIN ran all over Wimbleys side. It was pretty sad we need a starting OLB seriously

Why? Roth is a guy who was drafted in the middle of the second round in 2005, made the move in the last two years from DE to OLB and played very well for the 'fins in their rebound year, last year. Roth was cut because of Parcell's huge ego.

He's a free agent like Braylon is a free agent, BTW. If it's an uncapped year, he's restricted and can be tendered. If someone takes him, we get a pick or two. Difference is, he isn't being played like a top 10 player at his position, requiring a 110% tender.

Low risk, high reward move. Perhaps these were the moves that Koki WAS NOT making during his tenure to improve a depleted roster.

Archived